Thread: Painful Hiatus

Painful Hiatus

Amidst all of our "Lost vs. Heroes" discussions, I have always felt that Battlestar Galactica was the best show currently on television. The season 3 finale just aired, and at the credits they said "returning in 2008".

WTF? That's nine months off from the show. It's absolutely astonishing to me that a good show, that is doing decently is going off for that log. I have no idea about for the reasons, but simply as a fan, I am very frustrated at the idea of waiting until next year to see a new episode.

Lost better keep on being stellar, because it has to cover 3 shows worth of goodness now. It's all I have for my scifi fix until Heroes comes back.

Exiled

Agreed.

Apparently, there will be a two-hour BSG movie aired next fall on Sci-Fi, with 20 new episodes to follow beginning in early 2008.

After last night's season finale, I can't wait to learn what it all means.

BSG Links

Here are some links my husband (who got me hooked) sent me today after I told him I was bummed the season was over for 9 months:

"There's still some new BSG to happen in 2007:
    http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...d=40676&type=0
    So, Season 4 is getting more episodes, and we're getting some new
    stuff this year. There's some info as to what's in that episode later
    this year: (see page 3)
    http://www.salon.com/ent/feature/200.../index_np.html "

I had a hard time getting to the salon article for some reason, but he summed it up and said the 2 hrs this year will cover some more background on the Pegasus.

It's going to be a long wait.

Getting hooked

Quote Originally Posted by bluebutton View Post
    Here are some links my husband (who got me hooked)
    Nice. My wife became an addict this season as well. She watched a few episodes just because she wanted to cuddle with me, and now she is asking me to make sure to record the show for her.

Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled_Devil View Post
    My wife became an addict this season as well.
    Glad to know I'm not the only wife who got hooked thanks to her hubby!

I've yet to go back and watch the earlier seasons, tho. Maybe now with the hiatus, I'll catch up to fill the void.

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    Well, the long hiatus makes me not so sad that I've missed the last month or so of episodes. Means I can wait, catch up/watch some other series and get the DVDs this summer and still have plenty of time to watch before things kick back up(Of course, I'll be travelling most of the summer and completely missing almost all the movies, so will also be busy catching up on all those too... just means I'll have plenty to watch in the fall).

Unhappy Season 4 is BSG's last

http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com...2463&Itemid=99

As much as I'm looking forward to more episodes of Battlestar Galactica, it's sad going in to know that this is the last season.

As George RR Martin said (roughly): it's amazing that Sci-Fi Channel could royally screw up a great prior work like Ursula K. LeGuin's Earthsea saga, but take a piece of trash like Battlestar Galactica and make it into something this good.

I've only seen a few episode's (tuned in for the miniseries, but am not a regular TV watcher) and really enjoyed it.

As an aside, it's been an even longer hiatus for another sci-fi show... Futurama! I'm highly lookign forward to the new episodes.

Or Not

Quote Originally Posted by bluebutton View Post
    http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com...2463&Itemid=99

As much as I'm looking forward to more episodes of Battlestar Galactica, it's sad going in to know that this is the last season.
    This news has been contradicted by other news :

The executive producer said that Olmos was wrong in announcing the end of the series. So we may have more to look forward to after all.

I do hope they plan on ending it at some point - like Lost, BSG needs a resolution at the en, and answers to the mysteries involved.

Exiled

I haven't seen any episodes since they switched to Sunday nights. Any idea where I can see this last season?

3rd season of Battlestar Galactica

The Sci Fi Channel is airing the entire 3rd season (20 episodes) in a 3 day marathon beginning this Wednesday.
    Wednesday, May 16 8 am -3 pm
    Thursday, May 17 8 am - 3 pm
    Friday, May 18 8 am - 2 pm

The DVDs of the third season will be released sometime in August.

If you have Univesal HD, they are showing season 3 in HD on Saturdays, I believe.

Exiled

Thanks, guys!

It is Official

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled_Devil View Post
    This news has been contradicted by other news :

The executive producer said that Olmos was wrong in announcing the end of the series. So we may have more to look forward to after all.

I do hope they plan on ending it at some point - like Lost, BSG needs a resolution at the en, and answers to the mysteries involved.

Exiled
    The executive producers made it official this week. The fourth season of Battlestar Galatica will be it's last.

http://trekweb.com/articles/2007/05/...alactica.shtml