Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

chocolate chip cookies are over-rated

The CC cookie is over-rated. Far too sweet, often made with inferior chocolate, and generally too doughy. Even "gourmet" ones aren't really all that good. They are best left to children below the age of 13.

Oatmeal Raisin cookies rule! They are far superior in everyway, and are the "adult" cookie.

The most underrated cookie? The ginger snap. Humble, yet with a little bit of sassiness.

Quote Originally Posted by allenmurray View Post
    The CC cookie is over-rated. Far too sweet, often made with inferior chocolate, and generally too doughy. Even "gourmet" ones aren't really all that good. They are best left to children below the age of 13.

Oatmeal Raisin cookies rule! They are far superior in everyway, and are the "adult" cookie.

The most underrated cookie? The ginger snap. Humble, yet with a little bit of sassiness.
    Milk hater blasphemy!!!

Whoa; hey, listen, lemme recommend a cookie.

Amazing. The ginger is tart and delicious, and the lemon creme is smooth and buttery. Seriously, one of the best cookies I have ever, ever had.

GTH allenmurray GTH!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Whoa; hey, listen, lemme recommend a cookie.

Amazing. The ginger is tart and delicious, and the lemon creme is smooth and buttery. Seriously, one of the best cookies I have ever, ever had.
    That was the first thing I thought of when I read the word ginger snap... my wife made the mistake of bringing home a box of these beautiful creations recently. Suffice it to say, I stayed up to watch John Stewart and lost all of the credits I had been building for a week when she saw they were all but gone in the morning. Agreed - by far the best boxed cookie I have ever eaten!

Mods, isn't this some type of infraction?

*edited for extreme flaming*

i like raisins
    i like oatmeal

having said that i hate oatmeal raisin cookies with passion. absolutely disgusting. chocolate chip oatmeal = good, chocolate chip normal cookies = awesome, chocolate-chocolate(or even triple!) cookies = the best!

The only plausible explanation for this thread is AM posted 1,470 previous times to blindside us with the most well-executed troll of all time.

I'm going to eat raw chocolate chip cookie dough now.

Quote Originally Posted by mph View Post
    The only plausible explanation for this thread is AM posted 1,470 previous times to blindside us with the most well-executed troll of all time.

I'm going to eat raw chocolate chip cookie dough now.
    I actually kind like raw chocolate chip cookie dough, it is the baked cookie I think is over rated. I absolutely love Oatmeal Raisin cookies, but raw oatmeal raisin cookie dough is just nasty. This, i contend, is one of the great mysteries of life.

I don't wanna have to shout it out
    I don't want my hair to fall out
    I don't wanna be filled with doubt
    I don't wanna be a good boy scout
    I don't wanna have to learn to count
    I don't wanna have the biggest amount
    I don't wanna grow up

I have been waiting for many, many years for someone to have the spheres enough to call out the chocolate chip cookie.

I agree.

I really do.

Sure, you can make your own and add the chips. That's about the only way you will get a quality chocolate chip cookie.

Great post!

-EJ

chocolate chip cookies would whip any other cookies butt except for oatmeal chocolate chip. but oatmeal chocolate chip has chocolate chips back and he's the king, so watch what you say! Oatmeal chocolate chip doesn't mind having raisens added to it either - but you just hafff to have that goey warm chocolate - it makes a large glass of ice cold milk go down with the kind of satisfaction oatmeal raisen just can't come close to.

Chocolate rules - therefore, chocolate chip cookies are good. The good thing about people not liking chocolate cookies - more for those of us that do like them.

That said - has anyone shopped the Voortman cookie hut? The make a maple creme filled cookie that is excellent. There coconut filled is good also. And for those that like excessively sweet chocolate chip cookies - two chocolate chip cookies with chocolate filling. There is something satisfying about buying cookies in bulk.

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).

You, Sir, need to get off the crack.

<snip>

Cookie blasphemer. Chocolate chip cookies rock. Homemade ones are the best - the plain, simple Toll House recipe on the back of the bag is best. I prefer some chopped up pecans in there.

And as for underrated cookies, I'd have to go with the snickerdoodle.

Does anyone spell the singular of cookies "cooky" anymore? I saw it in my grandma's old Betty Crocker cookbook.

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    As a diabetic, I have put in an application for a transplant because you sir, are a waste of a perfectly good pancreas.

Really... oatmeal raisin? Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Deslok View Post
    As a diabetic, I have put in an application for a transplant because you sir, are a waste of a perfectly good pancreas.

ROFL.... hahahahhaahhaaaaaaaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by Deslok View Post

HAAAAAAAA. POTD.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    I don't wanna have to shout it out
    I don't want my hair to fall out
    I don't wanna be filled with doubt
    I don't wanna be a good boy scout
    I don't wanna have to learn to count
    I don't wanna have the biggest amount
    I don't wanna grow up
    That song was being played as Mrs. allenmurray walked into her 50th birthday party last March. We did not, however, serve chocolate chip cookies (which she loves).