Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ladies, who makes your knees weak?

In honor of the Tom Brady thread, ladies, let's discuss the men out there that you find attractive. Feel free to list as many as necessary.

Can I preempt an inevitable earljam counter thread with gender reversal by saying it will lead to very, very bad places?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    NO! Go away. Unless you care to comment on how George Clooney is the perfect man. He's sexy, he looks great in a tuxedo, he uses his fame to help the world, he's nice to his friends, he's a decent cook, and he'll never, ever disappoint me because let's face it, I'll never meet him. Fantasy George, I'm in love with him.

On the reality front, as of yesterday, I've been married 17 years. I'd still pick my real guy out of a crowd. He's a Dukie to boot. And he understands my obsession with George. What a guy!

(I try to keep my noticing Aaron Piersol and the like to a minimum around him. Luckily, he doesn't read the OTB!)

All I can say is that my wife is definitely running the Boston Marathon this spring. Definitely! Only, I'll have to blind her afterwards.

Used to be Tom Cruise, but for some time now it's Brad Pitt. Guy never looks bad (that I've seen) and he loves kids. What more could I want?

Quote Originally Posted by UVaAmbassador View Post
    Can I preempt an inevitable earljam counter thread with gender reversal by saying it will lead to very, very bad places?
    How about an inevitable ANSWER of, "EarlJam?"

Be gentle.

-EJ

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    NO! Go away. Unless you care to comment on how George Clooney is the perfect man. He's sexy, he looks great in a tuxedo, he uses his fame to help the world, he's nice to his friends, he's a decent cook, and he'll never, ever disappoint me because let's face it, I'll never meet him. Fantasy George, I'm in love with him.

On the reality front, as of yesterday, I've been married 17 years. I'd still pick my real guy out of a crowd. He's a Dukie to boot. And he understands my obsession with George. What a guy!

(I try to keep my noticing Aaron Piersol and the like to a minimum around him. Luckily, he doesn't read the OTB!)
    Word. And sounds like you're married to a clone of my Duke boy. After thirty years he's still hot.
    And what else can you say about George? Even when he's playing a stupid role (Oh, Brother, Where Art Thou?) he is endearing. He's also witty and intelligent. I like his politics too.
    I may be getting the vapors...

Red face I'm just making a guess, but ...

I believe ILoveJimmy would go with Colin Firth and Jimmy Spanarkel.

If you must ask, then I shall answer. I will list my top picks in order..

Tim McGraw
    JJ Redick
    Dale Jr.
    Tom Cruise

Thanks for the fun post that I could chime in on!!

Mrs Turk has a thing for Tom Cruise too (or at least she used to, before he started jumping all over the furniture... If she wants to see that all she needs to do is watch the young Turks for a little while...)

Quote Originally Posted by crazie4duke View Post
    -snip-
    Dale Jr.
    -snip-
    ~Shelly A.K.A- fordgrl00
    Wait wait wait wait wait wait... I'm sorry, your s/n and love interest do not mix. Shouldn't that be Carl Edwards or something?

How about a list of things a guy could do to make me weak in the knees?

1. Buy me a pair of shoes or some jewelry.

2. Sing to me. (Must be on key)

3. Cook dinner for me, and include shrimp, scallops or steak.

4. Come home early and clean the house.

5. Take me to a Duke Basketball game or a Sharks hockey game or an NBA game or an NFL game.

6. Give me a pedicure, including a foot massage.

7. Take me to the beach.

8. Chocolate.

9. Tell me that I look hot even when I look old, tired and fat. (Actually, any compliment will work.)

10. Bring me a Corona with lime or a glass of sweet tea.

It really doesn't take much. And as far as movie stars or famous guys go, I don't believe in those fairy tales. Some ordinary guy who does 90% of the things I've listed above could make me weak in the knees.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post

5. Take me to a Duke Basketball game or a Sharks hockey game or an NBA game or an NFL game.

7. Take me to the beach.

8. Chocolate.

9. Tell me that I look hot even when I look old, tired and fat. (Actually, any compliment will work.)

It really doesn't take much. And as far as movie stars or famous guys go, I don't believe in those fairy tales. Some ordinary guy who does 90% of the things I've listed above could make me weak in the knees.
    90% of these things all in one day, or spread out over a week, month, year?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Did TNTDevil start any singing after the tailgate?

Here's my short list

7. Take me to the beach.

8. Chocolate.

After meeting someone through "The Right Stuff" (an introduction service for folks who've graduated from places like the Ivies, Duke, etc.), I've paired my list down of desirable qualities or behaviors as follows:
    (1) Showers before first date and any dates thereafter.
    (2) Dresses appropriately for the occasion.
    (3) Likes to dance.
    (4) Appreciates women who like and understand football and basketball.
    (5) Takes hat off inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    After meeting someone through "The Right Stuff" (an introduction service for folks who've graduated from places like the Ivies, Duke, etc.), I've paired my list down of desirable qualities or behaviors as follows:
    (1) Showers before first date and any dates thereafter.
    (2) Dresses appropriately for the occasion.
    (3) Likes to dance.
    (4) Appreciates women who like and understand football and basketball.
    *YmoBeThere takes notes

So, did the aforementioned, uuhhhmmm, gentlemen not even meet these requirements?

Having just watched Stage 1 of the Tour of Missouri, I would say almost any cyclist - but Mario Cipollini, who has retired, has to be the best.

Graham Watson has some pix if you want to check him out.

http://grahamwatson.com/gw/imagedocs...enform&05cipo2

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    Right on! This one especially irks me. Not that men make knees weak, but I just think it royally sucks that guys are gentlemen any more and don't take their hats off in public.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    *YmoBeThere takes notes

So, did the aforementioned, uuhhhmmm, gentlemen not even meet these requirements?
    The gentleman had graduated from a very good university, been law review at another good university and earned graduate degrees at Yale and Harvard. He had held public office on the state level. (I verified all this.) He wrote beautifully with lots of humor and intelligence and was well read. He belonged to the same political party that I do. Sounded like a great match! In person, it was clear that a shower before our first meeting would have been a good idea. He was dressed as if to work outside in the yard, and kept his cap on even while eating at a restaurant. Never found out if he could dance.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    90% of these things all in one day, or spread out over a week, month, year?
    I'd like it if he could do it all in one day, but I think that realistically only 90% of those things can be accomplished in one day by my ideal man.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Did TNTDevil start any singing after the tailgate?
    NO!!!! He's married. And his wife is very lucky because apparently he does a lot of those weak-kneed things for her. I don't go for other women's husbands. That is not cool.

Did TNTDevil's shrimp and corona make YOU feel weak-kneed, CB&B?