Party Time NBA style

Former KU players, and I do mean PLAYAAS, seem to be getting ready for a grueling season:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/8...nt-home-by-NBA

I really could care less about the fact that they smoke weed, but at a Rookie Transition Program? The point of the program is to educate these rookies on making good decisions. Instead of sending these guys home, maybe they should've kept them there. They obviously need to hear the message more than any of the other rookies.

I also find it ironic that Beasley was in the room but avoided any trouble. Sounds familiar ...

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Former KU players, and I do mean PLAYAAS, seem to be getting ready for a grueling season:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/8...nt-home-by-NBA
    Bill Self and Kurtis Townsend have never exactly been known as a disciplinarians. They've only had two legal issues this offseason, however.

The incident occured roughly four miles from Stern's home and these players would stick out like, well, a sore thumb.

Oh what fun

Quote Originally Posted by Classof06 View Post
    I also find it ironic that Beasley was in the room but avoided any trouble. Sounds familiar ...
    Ha ha! Nice...

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I hate these stories. Not a very good example for the war on drugs. "Don't be like that guy kids, and smoke dope. You just might hit the winning shot in the national championship game."

Glaucoma

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I hate these stories. Not a very good example for the war on drugs. "Don't be like that guy kids, and smoke dope. You just might hit the winning shot in the national championship game."
    CB&B, man weed is WHY he could hit the game winning shot in the NCAA title game. You know that stuff helps glaucoma. Before weed he couldn't make a lay up!

its interesting - on the side of the column on ESPN.com - there is over like 30,000 votes - and over 50% said it doesn't bother them at all if athletes smoke that stuff.

At least we now know the real reason why Kansas smoked UNC in the Final Four...

It's been a rough off season for the Jayhawks. Not only have they had to deal with the image problem from Arthur and Chalmers, but they've also had to deal with:

• Incoming freshman (well, potentially incoming freshman) Markieff Morris has been charged with shooting a BB gun out of his apartment window and hitting a woman in the courtyard of the apartment complex.
    • Morris is potentially an incoming freshman because he and his brother Marcus are still waiting on the NCAA clearinghouse to rule on their eligibility. Fellow freshman Travis Releford was cleared to play after the clearinghouse finally ruled on his status in late August.
    • Sherron Collins showed up at the first Jayhawk practice this year bloated up like a Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade float (Kansas is allowed to practice early because they were going to Canada on a pre-season tour). Self left Collins off the team for their games in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    It's been a rough off season for the Jayhawks. ... they've also had to deal with:

...Incoming freshman (well, potentially incoming freshman) Markieff Morris has been charged with shooting a BB gun out of his apartment window and hitting a woman in the courtyard of the apartment complex. ...
    Although I love to pile on any national champions not named the Blue Devils, in all fairness it should be noted that the "gun" wasn't a BB gun but was an "Air Soft" gun that shoots plastic BB's. Yeah, I suppose it could "put an eye out" but that truly was much ado about nothing. At a distance airsoft pellets are pretty much harmless - I was surprised that the woman felt it, it must have hit bare skin. Up close they can leave a mark on bare skin, but not through clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Morris ... and his brother Marcus are still waiting on the NCAA clearinghouse to rule on their eligibility.
    Well, they were declared eligible, but they have already missed two weeks of classes:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/8...y-to-join-team