Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Football Polls

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC

    Football Polls

    What idiot gave UNC a vote for the top 25?

    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    What idiot gave UNC a vote for the top 25?

    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex
    Well, it certainly wasn't Spurrier. Perhaps Mack Brown?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    The 'ol Longhorn ball coach?

    Ooh, beat me to it, Billy Breen.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    What idiot gave UNC a vote for the top 25?

    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex
    Probably the same guy who flew the parashootists to Wally Wade.


    They meant to vote for Duke -- but ended up eight miles off.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Probably the same guy who flew the parashootists to Wally Wade.


    They meant to vote for Duke -- but ended up eight miles off.
    Heh...zing!

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    What idiot gave UNC a vote for the top 25?

    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex
    I am sure Butcher purchased a designated voter with a portion of his $200,000 pay increase.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    is this week this worst showing the acc ever has had in the polls?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by dukie8 View Post
    is this week this worst showing the acc ever has had in the polls?
    In fairness I was a little surprised that Clemson fell all the way out of one of the polls.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    In fairness I was a little surprised that Clemson fell all the way out of one of the polls.
    Agreed, and I'm surprised ECU didn't get all the way in.

  10. #10
    Kinda funny that half the ACC is getting votes but not actually cracking the top 25. How long until Duke legitimately gets some votes?

  11. Quote Originally Posted by CameronCrazy'11 View Post
    Kinda funny that half the ACC is getting votes but not actually cracking the top 25. How long until Duke legitimately gets some votes?
    None of Duke's first four games will count towards votes. If they begin the season 4-0 and then begin to beat a couple of ACC foes, then the votes should start coming.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Metro Atlanta
    In my humble opinion... Clemson deserved it's tumble. I was really pulling for them (QB Harper is a product of my local high school).... but they played HORRIBLY....no way that performance qualifies you for a top 25 ranking.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoDukeTattoos View Post
    None of Duke's first four games will count towards votes. If they begin the season 4-0 and then begin to beat a couple of ACC foes, then the votes should start coming.

    Ha ha, I was thinking in terms of years, not weeks.

Similar Threads

  1. Mar. 10 Polls
    By Lotus000 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 06:31 PM
  2. Polls
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-19-2007, 02:58 PM
  3. Polls!
    By Jumbo in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-27-2007, 12:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •