Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

wallace wade wackos

i propose that the student section at wallace wade stadium be name the wallace wade wackos. a watered down soon to be equal of the cameron crazies. what do you think?

in a word - and with all due respect - no.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    There have been Wade Wacko t-shirts for a while now. Herb "Crazy Towel Guy" wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    There have been Wade Wacko t-shirts for a while now.
    Yup. Duke even has it trademarked

I also was going to mention the Wade Wacko t-shirts, and they even have Wade Wacko car decals (at least they used to--I used to have one on my car throughout my 4 years there). However, I don't think the students have earned that title...yet. Just like the students weren't Cameron Crazies until they earned that reputation, the students just have to keep doing what they did on Saturday night. At the University of Texas, they have 4 traditions for football: 1) Come Early, 2) Stay Late, 3) Be Loud, and 4) Wear Orange. The same things can be applied to Wade Wackos, except, of course, they wear blue and white.

Once the students do that on a regular basis, I'll feel comfortable with the Wade Wacko reputation being applied.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post
    I also was going to mention the Wade Wacko t-shirts, and they even have Wade Wacko car decals (at least they used to--I used to have one on my car throughout my 4 years there). However, I don't think the students have earned that title...yet. Just like the students weren't Cameron Crazies until they earned that reputation, the students just have to keep doing what they did on Saturday night. At the University of Texas, they have 4 traditions for football: 1) Come Early, 2) Stay Late, 3) Be Loud, and 4) Wear Orange. The same things can be applied to Wade Wackos, except, of course, they wear blue and white.

Once the students do that on a regular basis, I'll feel comfortable with the Wade Wacko reputation being applied.
    I agree titles need to be earned and as an alternative to the wacko title I would suggest Cutcliffe's Crazies.

Cutcliffe crazies sounds great for the next 3-5 years while Cut is buiding a powerhouse.
    Naming anything after Wallace Wade Stadium in its current condition is just not right, imo. Maybe after its torn down and rebuilt or at least completely remodeled might be ok.

We don't need a gimmick.

We need to support the football team because they're ours.

If a name comes, it will be organic and obvious over time.

Cutcliffe's Crazies

Quote Originally Posted by jlear View Post
    I agree titles need to be earned and as an alternative to the wacko title I would suggest Cutcliffe's Crazies.
    I like that!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by jlear View Post
    Hey, that's almost as good as Doherty's Disciples.

11. How About The...

Demolition Devils. OK, so it doesn't reference a land mark. But man, it sure does sound cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Taco View Post
    Hey, that's almost as good as Doherty's Disciples.
    Ouch...I think for now they are just Outside Cameron Crazies.

We don't need any fan re-branding.

I propose that student sections stop naming themselves

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilWolf View Post
    I propose that student sections stop naming themselves
    As far as I know, the term "Cameron Crazies" was not coined by the students themselves, but the media. Meaning they earned it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thumbs up

Thank you Duke football team and Coach Cut!! Such a glorious win!! Kudos!! This is not a time to "name" the fans. I'm 3,000 miles away, but PLEASE, PLEASE students, alums and fans, keep coming out to support this team!

The 'moniker' will come. I am so excited that over 32,000 fans came out to give Coach Cut and this team a welcome. Obviously home town support made a difference. I LOVED the pics of a full Wallace Wade stadium.

This coach and team needs and deserves out support. Wish I could be there.

Quote Originally Posted by freedevil View Post
    in a word - and with all due respect - no.
    Well we have to do something. The press keeps calling us the Wallace Wade Crazies, which sounds absolutely terrible. The wackos may sound silly, but at list its catchy and independent of the basketball tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by kessler View Post
    i propose that the student section at wallace wade stadium be name the wallace wade wackos. a watered down soon to be equal of the cameron crazies. what do you think?
    Yes, I'm sure they will be equal in a few games. I'm sure they will be the envy of every other football team's student section. Michigan will probably build a new 3/4 bowl stadium with a track in the very near future. Great name.

The name sounds a little forced. Except, more than a little.