Parking for Games

I haven't been to the Duke campus in 10 years and back then I was a student. Where can one park for the home games without being towed or ticketed? Thanks

The public lots for non-Iron Dukes are pretty well marked (Circuit Drive). $5.00 will get you in, just follow the traffic cops. It is a good walk, so arrive early.

The public lots are marked in yellow:

http://news.duke.edu/2008/08/images/Parking%20Map.pdf

thanks. very helpful!

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor

If you don't mind the walk...

For basketball and football, I park in the same spot each time. If you get off 15-501 on to 751, heading towards the Washington Duke Inn, you go through one Stop light, and not far after that, there is a small dirt road on the right that kind of turns into a dirt parking lot. I arrived there about 6pm on Sat night and there were plenty of spots available. The walk up is not so bad and the best part is it is a downhill walk on the return trip and it is easy to get out when leaving. If there is traffic, folks are good about letting you merge and then it takes less than 2 minutes to get back to 15-501.

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    For basketball and football, I park in the same spot each time. If you get off 15-501 on to 751, heading towards the Washington Duke Inn, you go through one Stop light, and not far after that, there is a small dirt road on the right that kind of turns into a dirt parking lot. I arrived there about 6pm on Sat night and there were plenty of spots available. The walk up is not so bad and the best part is it is a downhill walk on the return trip and it is easy to get out when leaving. If there is traffic, folks are good about letting you merge and then it takes less than 2 minutes to get back to 15-501.
    Or, you can join the Iron Dukes and get a parking pass. Members who don't have season tickets can call and get a single game pass. While the minimum contribution level to be an Iron Duke is $100, to get a parking pass, it is $250.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    If you were really tough you would find a spot that the walk was uphill both ways!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    The lots to the right of B-3 on Wannamaker have been public in the past, but when I got there (4:15), Wannamaker was listed as Iron Dukes only. Does anyone know if they changed those lots this year? It could be they already filled, but we got there pretty early in comparison to others. The public lot we did park in was not even 1/2 full yet.

Iron Duke

I was thinking of getting into the Iron Dukes and was going the $250 route so I could get parking but then I read this on IronDuke.net "Due to a great increase in parking allocations, the Iron Dukes are no longer able to allocate a parking pass to donors below the $1,000 level as of August 15, 2008." I don't know if I was reading it right but if that is the case there is no different in the $100 donations. Anyway I've got my season tickets and will be there no matter where I park.

Quote Originally Posted by DownEastDevil View Post
    I was thinking of getting into the Iron Dukes and was going the $250 route so I could get parking but then I read this on IronDuke.net "Due to a great increase in parking allocations, the Iron Dukes are no longer able to allocate a parking pass to donors below the $1,000 level as of August 15, 2008." I don't know if I was reading it right but if that is the case there is no different in the $100 donations. Anyway I've got my season tickets and will be there no matter where I park.
    Ouch! But I'm pretty sure that that figure only applies to football since there is no increase in basketball attendance. A sell out is a sell out.

But that'll sure suck next year if I don't get a parking pass. Damn this increased attendance and traffic! Oh, for the days of 0 - 12 (Just kidding, folks. Just kidding.)
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I think that statement applies to the remainder of this year. Next year would start new again, still allowing passes at $250. I think. I can't believe they will get rid of that many passes if everyone had to shell out a thousand bux.