Freaks and Geeks

Now that Judd Apatow is such a box office hit, I wonder how Freaks and Geeks would do if it were a new show today? I think it was released before its time and that it would be a big hit today. However, the cast was perfect, and there would be no way to bring them back.

I had a discussion with a friend once, and we agreed that in some ways it was good that it didn't last longer than a season. John Daly, who played Sam and is now the shrink Sweets on Bones, grew about two feet and his voice deepened a lot just a year later. Maybe it was perfect the way it ended.

Any F&G fans out there?

I loved that show. I especially like the episode where they unknowingly drank of keg of non-alcoholic beer at a party and thought they were drunk.

I was a big fan of Apatow's second series, Undeclared, which was also canceled too early (after one season). Several of the actors, including Seth Rogan, have shown up in Apatow's recent films. There were also some great guest appearances from Will Ferrell and Ben Stiller.