Reggie Love interview

on the Time political blog...

http://www.time-blog.com/swampland/2...t_he.html#more

pretty nice read and a nice Coach K reference

Obviously, Reggie is headed for great things. So cool -- GO DUKE GRADS. And kudos to Reggie Love.

Quote Originally Posted by dyedwab View Post
    on the Time political blog...

http://www.time-blog.com/swampland/2...t_he.html#more

pretty nice read and a nice Coach K reference
    I have always liked Reggie, and while I am no fan of Obama (if anyone wants to discuss politics let's go to the PP board) I certainly appreciate the experience Reggie is getting right now. Pretty cool. BUT, let's get serious...this is the worst interview of anyone by anybody about anything I have ever read. I can only blame Reggie for a small part of this.

I was amused at how the interviewer just assumed Reggie was a "superstar" at Duke. She did enough research to include that he was a walk-on. You would think that alone would steer her away from the notion that Love was a superstar, and that maybe she's do a quick stat check to confirm or deny her assumption.

I've got to agree with Inonehand. Just because it mentions Duke and Coach K doesn't make it great. This was pretty much unreadable. The interviewer talks so much more than Reggie does and forces silly questions too much.

I've read 7 or 8 articles/interviews on Reggie's role with Obama and this is the 7th or 8th best

Still, he is in a great place and doing exciting stuff. Even if Obama loses, Reggie is having the time of his life, no doubt. We should be proud.

--Jason "if Obama wins, it will be interesting to see what kind of role RL gets in the new administration" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    --Jason "if Obama wins, it will be interesting to see what kind of role RL gets in the new administration" Evans
    Hopefully not "Party Monitor."

Have to agree that the interview was poorly done. But, consider the source: AMC is of Gawker fame, hardly a beacon of journalistic anything.

She's only at Time for the internet hits. And one wonders how effective she even is at that.

I was wondering if anyone else was going to mention what an awful interview that was. Wow! Reggie didn't exactly do a great job of getting it back on track either.

Quote Originally Posted by summerwind03 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone else was going to mention what an awful interview that was. Wow! Reggie didn't exactly do a great job of getting it back on track either.
    Can't really blame Reggie. He would have had to interviewed himself to overcome her efforts.