View Poll Results: Which one was easier

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • College

19 40.43%
  • High School

28 59.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which one was easier, High school or College?

Only vote if you attended both.

I went with high school - but really only the last two years. I moved from a challenging school to one where I was bored to tears. I went from multiple hours of homework to virtually none. I eventually moved into honors classes at the new school - and they weren't any more challenging.

Grade inflation, for the win. College was _much_ easier than high school.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Grade inflation, for the win. College was _much_ easier than high school.
    this poll should have a college major disclaimer with it.

College could have been easier if I chose my courses strategically. However, I majored in biomedical engineering so that killed that idea. But I could see how college could be easier for certain individuals - there is a lot more free time than high school if you only have two 1 hr 15 min lectures a week per class. But if you're taking 3+ lab courses or courses with recitations, etc. that time can dwindle quickly. And the difficulty level of courses was much harder than high school. However, studying abroad one semester (while taking 2 engineering courses and an upper level genetics course in a well-respected London institution) was easier than high school for me. So, I guess it depended on the university for me.

High school took four years for me and college took three. By that standard, college was easier.

Quote Originally Posted by DGood View Post
    this poll should have a college major disclaimer with it.
    CPS(BA)/Econ(BS) double major. I don't think I took a particularly easy road.

I never saw the point in high school of having to do all the homework when I got the classwork right every time. I had a little above a 3.0 in high school with a homework average of somewhere around 50%. I would rather just go climb a tree, play soccer, or chase girls. Getting into college was never something I really thought about but should have. Without the busy work - college is much easier. Labs do take up a load of time though compared to classes without them.

CPS(BA)/Econ(BS) double major. I don't think I took a particularly easy road.
    Does CPS stand for Chicago Public Schools or Child Protective Services? Either way, I can see how that would be a hard major

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Does CPS stand for Chicago Public Schools or Child Protective Services? Either way, I can see how that would be a hard major
    Because Classical Studies long predates Computer Science at the Trinity School of Arts and Crafts, Computer Science got stuck with the nonsensical acronym CPS.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Mine were both strange because they were unorthodox. My last 2 years of high school, I pretty much only had art classes, and my college, I only had 3 or 4 academic classes in 4 years, the rest was all art/design/photography. When I went back for my IT degree, I actually had to take a math class because I never took math for my bachelor's degree. My 4 year college was my easiest, and my 2 year stint was my most hardest, but most beneficial. High school is still a blur.

EE/CPS double. It's not even a question I can take seriously.

Well, of course high school was easier, but college was definitely more FUN!

Question Fun?

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    Well, of course high school was easier, but college was definitely more FUN!
    CPS (BS)/Anthro. High school was infinitely easier.

FUN?!?!?! Huh?

NOTE: This was during the early years under K.

Grad school was much more fun.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

College was definitely easier...you had to show up for high school or you risked getting held back.

I went to a Sci & Tech magnet school, so HS was much harder than College, plus I actually cared about my GPA in HS. That, and I was generally taking 7 classes a semester, instead of four, and in the last two years, there was at least one AP class in there too.

I just was an unmotivated academic at Duke; I kicked it back in to gear for my MBA, though.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    I went to a Sci & Tech magnet school, so HS was much harder than College, plus I actually cared about my GPA in HS. That, and I was generally taking 7 classes a semester, instead of four, and in the last two years, there was at least one AP class in there too.

I just was an unmotivated academic at Duke; I kicked it back in to gear for my MBA, though.
    Ditto on everything up to the MBA part. I went to a nice private school, and it was incredibly challenging and competitive. After having my time so aggressively budgeted, the change to the freedoms of college allowed for some serious coasting. Which, to my slight regret, I did.

Ditto on everything up to the MBA part. I went to a nice private school, and it was incredibly challenging and competitive. After having my time so aggressively budgeted, the change to the freedoms of college allowed for some serious coasting. Which, to my slight regret, I did.
    Can we back up here a second... YOU coasted while getting how many degrees and in what at DUKE?

Math / CPS double major here.

I found college easier. My highschool humanities courses were overall more challenging than any humanities courses I took at Duke, and I had far more courses to deal with at a time. The math / comp sci. was harder at Duke, but that's the stuff I'm good at.

Also, grades were quite inflated in college when compared to my highschool.

I found it much easier to drop out of college, numerous times.