Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Gold

It's Gold

Just finished!

USA and Coach K

I was hoping for a nice 20 point lead going into the 4th quarter. I was on pins and needles the whole time...

Thumbs up Congratulations Usa!

Golden once again! Well done all!

Now, we as fans need to show everyone involved how much we appreciate the effort. We expect USA Basketball to produce the best for us and it's our job to reward them when they do, so that all players and coaches, present and future, see that their hard work and sacrifice will be rewarded.

GOLD! GOLD! GOLD! YESSSSSSS!

Led the the "always classy" Coach K. Did you ever think you would see Kobe pour a bottle of water on K's head?! I'm shocked!!!!!!!
    Happy tears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Job, guys. Tough game, and Spain played really well.

Kobe Bryant was so clutch. Dwayne Wade, LeBron, Chris Bosh, lots of other guys played tough down the stretch.

Congrats to Coach K. Great job, coach. Duke is proud of you and the United States is proud of you.

I noticed that K said "Carlos" with 26 sec left, so that he gets into the game. I am not sure if he got in. If he didn't, he doesn't get a gold medal. Those are the rules for other team sports. Medals are given to all the team players who actually played during the gold medal game, not just the qualifiers.

In fencing, the gold medalist (France) try substituting but couldn't. A team member who was critical during qualifications (Lucenay), did not get a medal.
    Last edited by Abraxas; 08-24-2008 at 04:42 AM.

7. I am one proud Duke fan.

Well done, Coach.

gold

K: "hello, Mr/s Boynton. I was wondering when we could schedule the in-home visit and the official on campus visit for you and your family?

I think it probably be more like...

Um guys, we only only take so many verbal commitments.

Thank you team

Kobe, Flash, Bronbron, Dwight Howard, et al made great plays down the stretch.

Great team concept by Coach K and Jerry C.

I'm probably the only person on my block up and yelling at my TV, alone, at 4:00 in the morning, but it was worth it. A great moment for Coach K and USA basketball.

Classy and touching to see the team acknowledge Doug Collins first thing after their victory.

Thank you team for a great ride and for bringing the gold back home!

(12 gold medals)

I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but the prophets that grace the holy land that is Inside Carolina have determined that we were terribly coached and in general out executed tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by VaDukie View Post
    I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but the prophets that grace the holy land that is Inside Carolina have determined that we were terribly coached and in general out executed tonight.

The only execution that truly matters is the end result.

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas View Post
    I noticed that K said "Carlos" with 26 sec left, so that he gets into the game. I am not sure if he got in. If he didn't, he doesn't get a gold medal. Those are the rules for other team sports. Medals are given to all the team players who actually played during the gold medal game, not just the qualifiers.

In fencing, the gold medalist (France) try substituting but couldn't. A team member who was critical during qualifications (Lucenay), did not get a medal.
    Are you sure? I could have sworn during swimming relays, they said the guys who were in the qualifying rounds would also be awarded medals.

Either way, Carlos was in there for the last 0:30 or so.

That's ok, what did they say after 2004?

It was their UNC guy that coached them then.

Ginobili is getting a bronze medal. Perhaps, NBA basketball (i.e.: Olympic NBA) is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas View Post
    That's not true for basketball. For example, Ginobili was injured and didn't play in the bronze medal game, but was still on the podium receiving a bronze medal.

Regardless, it was nice that Carlos got into the game!

Carlos is up in the podium!

Carlos

Well, look who got his medal first!

Wrong version of the National Anthem!

Where's Marvin?

Where is Nike's clout?

Quote Originally Posted by VaDukie View Post

They should know after their last coaching and performance experience.