Trying to get my posts up - need some help...

Ok - really I'm not trying to get my posts up. I will never probably see 1000 of my own posts but as a newish moderator I've seen a LOT of posts.

There's a veteran group of posters that I've begun to recognize and some posts on here that should be college courses. But there's a HUGE range of posts and EarlJam gets his own personal classification (twisted genius).

As basketball season approaches I expect things to probably go to a level that I've never seen before. Really don't know what to expect but I expect folks to be much more emotional about things for sure.

So that I can be widely popular (smile), I'm asking all of YOU what YOUR definition of a good post is. I really think this varies from person to person and I wanted to see if could get some tips and pointers from the DBR click.

Thanks!

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post

There's a veteran group of posters that I've begun to recognize and some posts on here that should be college courses.
    I'm not going to comment on what constitutes a good post but your comment that some posts on here should be college courses struck a cord as that is something I've always appreciated about this place (and I've been around for almost a decade now I think). The range of experts we have on any number of topics is truly astounding.

Nobody's touching this! LOL!

So that I can be widely popular (smile), I'm asking all of YOU what YOUR definition of a good post is.
    I think for the OTB, because it's such a random mishmosh of things, a "good post" is hard to define. Perhaps it's similar to the working definition of obscenity - I know a good post when I see it.

Anything I post is good and rises above the ability of anyone to critique and comment. In other words, my posts are the authoritative answers to any questions they may address.

Any other questions? Oh, you were being serious? Sorry! Couldn't resist.

I would agree with DA that on the OTB(that acronym always gets me thinking about the ponies) it is very difficult to determine a good post here. On the Elizabeth King forum, I believe it is an easier task(foreshadowing item #3 below).

I guess the minimum criteria it takes to get me to consider commenting to a post here on the OTB are:

1) It it intelligible
    2) It is on-topic or provides a reason for why it goes off-topic
    3) It is not derogatory towards anyone, unless of course it is sports related and the decision/action of the player/coach/manager really warranted it IMHO
    4) and finally, I disregard 1 through 3 if it allows me to unabashedly PW...

WRT the thread title, have you tried via.... well, never mind.

good posts

Ok - really I'm not trying to get my posts up. I will never probably see 1000 of my own posts but as a newish moderator I've seen a LOT of posts.

There's a veteran group of posters that I've begun to recognize and some posts on here that should be college courses. But there's a HUGE range of posts and EarlJam gets his own personal classification (twisted genius).

As basketball season approaches I expect things to probably go to a level that I've never seen before. Really don't know what to expect but I expect folks to be much more emotional about things for sure.

So that I can be widely popular (smile), I'm asking all of YOU what YOUR definition of a good post is. I really think this varies from person to person and I wanted to see if could get some tips and pointers from the DBR click.

Thanks!
    Well, anything by Lavabe, DA, OZZIE, rockymtdevil or ohioguy (about "ymm,beer" ), yours truly and occasionally by Ymo or billybreen and, on a rare occasion, EJ.

Wait until you read the EK board after a loss

Thanks!
    May I suggest a poll?

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    May I suggest a poll?

Polls improve everything.

<Michael Scott>That's what she said.</Michael Scott>

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Polls improve everything.

<Michael Scott>That's what she said.</Michael Scott>
    That's what she said.

A good post is hard to find?
    One good post deserves another?
    A post by any other name would never ever be the same?
    Dude, where's my post?