Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Coach K's devilish defenders and dunkers 119
    Insensitive Spanish jokesters 82

Cool

Thanks Juise
    USA looking strong.
    Like listening to Breen and Doug Collins will watch what I missed

Turnovers

The US forced 28 turnovers and had a 24-7 advantage on points off turnovers. With this kind of effort, not to mention an impressive performance on their threes, the defending worlds champs looked like a D-League team.

this was the team that was supposed to beat our ...? they were gonna pack the zone in on us? they were gonna 3-pt shoot us to death? they were gonna pick and roll us?

guess they were playing possum too..

what will the haters have to say now?
    Last edited by -jk; 08-16-2008 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Language

i don't like marc gasol any more than his brother...

The USA RULED today. They finally added 3's & FT's to their game, and kept up the defensive pressure for most of the game. Yet, again ... every time our guys took a breath, Spain had good moments.

We simply need to bring (and I'm not a Nolan Richardson fan) 40 MINUTES OF HELL on D, and keep our balance of points off TO's / cashing in on open shots / making our FT's, and this team will dominate in the medal round.

Others have commented that they look a lot "like DUKE" out there -- makes for good film study for our boys in about 10 weeks, HUH ? HAAAAA ! GO DUKE !

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    It worked last time, so I'll say Spain by 5.
    I'm really good at this. I'm picking the US to lose every game from here on out.

Great performance! And it's super nice listening to a fellow Breen doing the play-by-play.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverBlowingBubbles View Post
    do your feet not have to be set to draw a charge in FIBA?

wow.
    Plenty of others can comment more thoroughly on this than I can, but your feet don't have to be "set" at any level of basketball that I know of to draw a foul. It's one of those canards that announcers throw around as if they've a clue what they're talking about.

Anyone else catch the commentator talking about how coach K has pretty much gone to an 8-man rotation after the first 5 minutes, and that's been good for the team? Sounds very familiar except usually that's mentioned as a fault

I'm pissed at Comcast/NBC for not showing this live. Just yesterday, on the online scheulde, it shows "7am PDT", but it didn't start until 10am PDT, and they've updated the schedule. Only at half-time here...

US

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    I'm really good at this. I'm picking the US to lose every game from here on out.

Great performance! And it's super nice listening to a fellow Breen doing the play-by-play.
    I heard rumblings and rumorings by the Weaufxgods that this is not permitted either. They have posted here before and made declarations to that effect so please be very cautious.

Smile Olympic BBall Channel

Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    I'm pissed at Comcast/NBC for not showing this live. Just yesterday, on the online scheulde, it shows "7am PDT", but it didn't start until 10am PDT, and they've updated the schedule. Only at half-time here...
    The game was live on the Olympics Basketball HD Channel. It is 754 on DirecTV, but I believe local cable systems have been picking up the feed as well.

sagegrouse

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    i don't like marc gasol any more than his brother...

in fact...i think, with the exception of yao ming, i am gonna start hatin on every single NBA player that goes home and plays AGAINST us in the fiba or olympics...

in fact...i think, with the exception of yao ming, i am gonna start hatin on every single NBA player that goes home and plays AGAINST us in the fiba or olympics...
    Huh? I'm sure that's just going to crush all those international players ...

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    The game was live on the Olympics Basketball HD Channel. It is 754 on DirecTV, but I believe local cable systems have been picking up the feed as well.

sagegrouse
    Comcast supposedly added 5 channels for the Olympics, but none of them is the basketball channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    Huh? I'm sure that's just going to crush all those international players ...
    it might....look what my hatin' did to the Tar Heels in the final four...

Why?