Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Olympics basketball- prop on K

http://acc.starnewsonline.com/default.asp?item=2251350

"Love or hate him - and you know who you are, Tar Heel fans - there's no denying that Coach K's record and reputation has made him one of the most respected figures in the game today, both at home and abroad. Just look at the way his team of overpaid NBA superstars has bought into his philosophies on team play, defense and self-sacrifice."

Quote Originally Posted by chi View Post
    http://acc.starnewsonline.com/default.asp?item=2251350

"Love or hate him - and you know who you are, Tar Heel fans - there's no denying that Coach K's record and reputation has made him one of the most respected figures in the game today, both at home and abroad. Just look at the way his team of overpaid NBA superstars has bought into his philosophies on team play, defense and self-sacrifice."
    why don't you wait until they get the gold before the mad props? there is a lot of basketball left to play and anything short of a gold will be a major failure.

Quote Originally Posted by dukie8 View Post
    why don't you wait until they get the gold before the mad props? there is a lot of basketball left to play and anything short of a gold will be a major failure.
    Well, I did not write the article. I just did my service of linking and quoting it ...

Actually I disagree-The team, I think represents us well--wonderful if they win it all (and I think they will) BUT the team is representing the USA very well.

thanks

Well, I did not write the article. I just did my service of linking and quoting it ...
    And for that, I thank you. Don't let Dukie8 get you down.

Quote Originally Posted by SMO View Post
    And for that, I thank you. Don't let Dukie8 get you down.
    Thanks SMO. I PM you because I thought I would not post again on this thread, but I can't help it after seeing this quote on K.

"Laurel — To Duke’s Mike Krzyzewski, the head coach who we predict will guide the U.S. basketball team to the gold medal next Sunday. A lot has been made of the team’s defense, team play and focus. Who does that sound like? Coach K, of course. The American team no doubt has the most talented squad in the world but arguably so did the unsuccessful 2004 Olympic edition. Krzyzewski has made the difference. “We chose the team to fit the type of defense that we felt needed to be played in the international game,” Krzyzewski said. “We’ve been playing very good defense. That’s been the one constant — that and effort.” Both Duke trademarks."

http://www.blueridgenow.com/article/...ed__undeserved

Dude... Who peed in your Wheaties?

http://www.adn.com/24hour/olympics/story/502191.html

I was touched by this article ...

Team USA vibrations

I really dig those Marvin Gaye/USA Basketball commercials! If K had any say on those commercials, props for that!

Is it just me, or does the team genuinely seem to be having a lot of fun, both on and off the court? How many times have I seen them attending other venues?

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post

Is it just me, or does the team genuinely seem to be having a lot of fun, both on and off the court? How many times have I seen them attending other venues?

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    I think they do. For eg, Chris and Dwight doing the "dance" before the Argentina tip off ...

Woah! Touchy!

I think it was refreshing to read a "pro-K" article and while yes, it WILL be a major failure if we don't win the gold, there's no denying the positive changes K has influenced so far.

-EJ

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Woah! Touchy!

I think it was refreshing to read a "pro-K" article and while yes, it WILL be a major failure if we don't win the gold, there's no denying the positive changes K has influenced so far.

-EJ
    Just for you Earl Jam

I think the US team has done itself proud, win or lose. I am proud to be an American.

agreed, the basketball landscape has changed

I agree that if America doesn't win the gold it will not be a major failure. The basketball landscape has changed and we are no longer a given to win anything. That being said, this team has represented America not only on the court but off. In their comments, their commitment to this team, in the enthusiasm they have shown, and yes even in their showing up to cheer on other American hopefuls. Win or lose it's been a major success. Oh and their on the court performance has been pretty darn impressive too!

That article is from the Anchorage Daily News. What do they know about basketball in Alaska?

--Jason "" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by Scorp4me View Post
    I agree that if America doesn't win the gold it will not be a major failure. The basketball landscape has changed and we are no longer a given to win anything. That being said, this team has represented America not only on the court but off. In their comments, their commitment to this team, in the enthusiasm they have shown, and yes even in their showing up to cheer on other American hopefuls. Win or lose it's been a major success. Oh and their on the court performance has been pretty darn impressive too!
    It will be perceived as a major failure, fair or not, and K will be ripped for it. The US sense of entitlement knows no bounds.

But it won't happen. US by 25.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    That article is from the Anchorage Daily News. What do they know about basketball in Alaska?

--Jason "" Evans
    The Anchorage Daily News is part of the same chain that owns the Raleigh News and Observer, and the author of that article works for the N&O. Luciana Chavez is the main writer on Duke Bball for the Raleigh newspaper - she know A LOT abut Coach K, Duke Bball, and basketball in general. We are lucky to have her.

Great article on K's personality and intensity. Love this jab:

His hair hasn't moved in a quarter-century
    Wonder if that is a result of something developed at Duke Medical or at Duke Biomedical Engineering?

Stupid Tarheels -- and I mean the STATE

Just saw a local story on WTVD interviewing morons at Crabtree Valley Mall. The quote: "I guess I'm rooting for the US team even though they have the worst coach in the world."

You'd think that WTVD would at least keep the completely stupid statements off the air -- oh well.

Good luck tonight (tomorrow).

Go USA!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    I really dig those Marvin Gaye/USA Basketball commercials! If K had any say on those commercials, props for that!
    A cynic might suggest that Nike marketing had a hand in Coach K starting this year's workouts by playing the Marvin Gaye rendition of the National Anthem. I wouldn't, but a cynic might

I must say that choosing that rendition greatly enhanced K's "cool quotient."