View Poll Results: When was the last time you bled from an injury?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Todayt

1 3.03%
  • Within the week

17 51.52%
  • Within the last two weeks

6 18.18%
  • Within the last three weeks

2 6.06%
  • Within the last month

2 6.06%
  • It's been more than a month

5 15.15%
  • I have never bled

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

When was the last time you bled from an injury?

Be it a paper cut or a lasseration from a chain saw to the thigh. Anything.

I just bleed internally. No, seriously, I bruise more easily than just about anyone I know. I can brush past a doorknob, and will end up with a fist-size purple bruise on my hip.

So, after clearing up a bunch of de-construction debris a couple weeks ago, my arms were so bruised, I looked like I was a heroin junky.

As for actual, red, liquid, external bleeding, good question. I can't rightly recall. I don't really do too much to cause injuries like that anymore.

Hangnail.

I'm not kidding.

Today? How about in the last five minutes?

I have a new kitten who thinks I'm great for climbing.

bleeding

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post

Catch Scratch Fever. See Loverboy thread/poll. Oops, wrong bad 80's rock group.

Fish hook in the hand--ow--standing in the middle of a river trying to release a just caught smallmouth bass--I'm glad there are no sharks in Ohio's rivers.

Awwww! Post a picture! What's her name?

It's been a while since I had an injury draw blood. A few months ago I was chopping some produce to make chili, and I sliced the bejeezus out of my finger. Now if you ever cut yourself whilst preparing food, you know that band-aids don't do a darn thing, especially if you need to keep rinsing your hands. Soo, I busted out the crazy glue and glued the wound shut. Works like a charm.

bleeding

as we speak from posting too much

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    I just bleed internally. No, seriously, I bruise more easily than just about anyone I know. I can brush past a doorknob, and will end up with a fist-size purple bruise on my hip.

So, after clearing up a bunch of de-construction debris a couple weeks ago, my arms were so bruised, I looked like I was a heroin junky.

As for actual, red, liquid, external bleeding, good question. I can't rightly recall. I don't really do too much to cause injuries like that anymore.
    inferior genes... kidding but seriously be careful...

my buddies like that and he fell down there stairs drunk and had no real injury except he was a giant bruise... had to stay in the hospital for 3 days.

At Duke at the end of the weekend, I'd often count how many UDI* bruises I'd ended up with.

(* Unidentified drinking injury)

Last Tuesday

Hit the pavement while cycling in IN & MI. My 12 year old niece went down in front of me and I couldn't avoid her bike. I went over the handle bars and hit the pavement. We both were exceedingly fortunate - just bruises, scrapes, and a sprained wrist. Some bike repairs and a new helmet later we were back to riding.

Cool! My puppy has very sharp teeth!

At Duke at the end of the weekend, I'd often count how many UDI* bruises I'd ended up with.

(* Unidentified drinking injury)
    LOL! Better UDI than DUI.

Seriously, you sound just like my mother - she's always bruising something.

I can't remember my last externally bleeding injury, but back in April when I tore the short head bicep tendon in my right arm playing softball, http://www.jacobrozbruchmd.com/nycor...eon/biceps.htm my right bicep turned red and purple two days later, from top to bottom and side to side, for about 3 weeks. Then it all disappeared very quickly. My doctor told me the injury had a 4 week recovery time, but I was playing again in only 3 weeks, and have had no lingering affects. Then a shortstop hit me in the right butt cheek as I was going back to first base after he caught a line drive. That too, left a mark, but I only showed it to my wife.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I guess there wasn't too much actual blood involved (unless you count the surgical incision), but my last major bleeding, aside from having a baby, was probably when my appendix nearly ruptured. The surgeon said there were spots of gangrene on it, it was oozing pus and junk everywhere in my abdominal cavity, and when he clamped it off to prepare to remove it, the whole thing burst. It sounds really gross and I'm glad I was asleep.

Last Thursday I took over an intro obedience class for another instructor...and two of the (canine) students decided to try and kill each other...getting them apart I made a tactical error and one of them got me on the forearm.

Not the first time...probably not the last...occupational hazard!

(fortunately we require shot records for all students)

I just bleed internally.
    ~snip~
    "I'm a karate-man! We bruise on the inside!"

Bleed? I ain't got time to bleed!
    Last edited by bjornolf; 08-11-2008 at 03:05 PM. Reason: grammar...

Quote Originally Posted by Windsor View Post
    Last Thursday I took over an intro obedience class for another instructor...and two of the (canine) students decided to try and kill each other...getting them apart I made a tactical error and one of them got me on the forearm.

Not the first time...probably not the last...occupational hazard!

(fortunately we require shot records for all students)
    That's really cool - not that you got bit, but that you teach obedience classes! I'm taking my puppy to a puppy class. It's mainly "train the trainer" for basics, and socialization for the puppies. Kayla loves the playtime with the other puppies.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    That's really cool - not that you got bit, but that you teach obedience classes! I'm taking my puppy to a puppy class. It's mainly "train the trainer" for basics, and socialization for the puppies. Kayla loves the playtime with the other puppies.

Train the trainer is the way to go...doesn't do much good to teach your dog to listen to *me* when you're the one who has to live with them.

I belong to a local dog training club...teaching is a volunteer gig...I do obedience and agility and occassionally freestyle.

hugs to your puppy