View Poll Results: When was the last time you bled from an injury?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Todayt

1 3.03%
  • Within the week

17 51.52%
  • Within the last two weeks

6 18.18%
  • Within the last three weeks

2 6.06%
  • Within the last month

2 6.06%
  • It's been more than a month

5 15.15%
  • I have never bled

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I play softball on Sundays and almost always end up sliding into one base or another (except first), which causes my left knee to ooze and bleed as it doesn't have time to fully heal. It's been oozing and bleeding on and off all summer. It kind of sucks when it seeps through the Band-Aid to my dress pants during work.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Awwww! Post a picture! What's her name?
    His name is Boomer Ang. He's about 4 months old and is seriously hyper. I play frisbee with him.

Here's a pic.

and a video.

Kiteboard fin slices my right upper arm after a dastardly fall off Cherry Grove Beach, South Carolina, last October. Bled a lot, right into the ocean.

dth.

Quote Originally Posted by dukestheheat View Post
    Kiteboard fin slices my right upper arm after a dastardly fall off Cherry Grove Beach, South Carolina, last October. Bled a lot, right into the ocean.

dth.
    <hijack>
    DTH -- we were driving through the Columbia River Gorge a couple of weekends ago, and the kite-boarders and windsurfers were out in force! We stopped for about 30 min. just to watch them - looks like a ton of fun. (and a lot of hard work.) I mentally waved to you.
    </hijack>

I have all sorts of scratches and scrapes on my legs from two days of hiking in the Cascades. Does that count? (DA, I'm posting this from Mukilteo, which I finally learned how to pronounce.)

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Hit the pavement while cycling in IN & MI. My 12 year old niece went down in front of me and I couldn't avoid her bike. I went over the handle bars and hit the pavement. We both were exceedingly fortunate - just bruises, scrapes, and a sprained wrist. Some bike repairs and a new helmet later we were back to riding.
    I voted "2 weeks" a while back, but if I could change my vote, I'll have to go with "today". I fell off my bike and now I got two nice sized scrapes on/near my right knee (+ sprained ankle). Time to readjust the chains I guess... I must have pedaled too hard and it slipped, and I barely avoided hitting a tree. A couple more feet and it would have been a fire hydrant!

(see, I don't hate all bikes, I just hate cyclists who don't obey traffic laws)

Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    I voted "2 weeks" a while back, but if I could change my vote, I'll have to go with "today". I fell off my bike and now I got two nice sized scrapes on/near my right knee (+ sprained ankle). Time to readjust the chains I guess... I must have pedaled too hard and it slipped, and I barely avoided hitting a tree. A couple more feet and it would have been a fire hydrant!

(see, I don't hate all bikes, I just hate cyclists who don't obey traffic laws)
    Biggest bummer on the sprained ankle. Is it a bad sprain?

-EJ

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Biggest bummer on the sprained ankle. Is it a bad sprain?

-EJ
    Not too bad actually. I've had much worse basketball sprains. It doesn't help that I was wearing sandals, too. Sandals + shorts + falling = ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    I just bleed internally. No, seriously, I bruise more easily than just about anyone I know. I can brush past a doorknob, and will end up with a fist-size purple bruise on my hip.

So, after clearing up a bunch of de-construction debris a couple weeks ago, my arms were so bruised, I looked like I was a heroin junky.

As for actual, red, liquid, external bleeding, good question. I can't rightly recall. I don't really do too much to cause injuries like that anymore.
    I have the same problem, as did my father and uncle. If I take any aspirin the bruising problem is much worse.

I also get sunburn and if I take aspirin I don't burn. A heck of a problem selection issue living in south FLA!

The Saturday before last. I was with Earljam; stabbed myself in the hand while attempting to open a can of pellets for our newly purchased air rifle!

Thank you Scuba chick!

<hijack>
    DTH -- we were driving through the Columbia River Gorge a couple of weekends ago, and the kite-boarders and windsurfers were out in force! We stopped for about 30 min. just to watch them - looks like a ton of fun. (and a lot of hard work.) I mentally waved to you.
    </hijack>
    The Gorge is the Holy Grail for the kiter world, BUT, the dudes who can kite it are advanced and have the ability to stay upwind (ie, can take a breeze and work to a 90 degree angle with it, thereby going across and then back from the point of origin, virtually on an imaginary string...) in some fierce conditions. The Gorge can be very windy so you're probably seeing smaller kites out there (190 pound guy on a 9 meter kite for example). I am still really only going down wind (which is G-R-E-A-T for meeting lots of people).

Thanks for the salute. It warms my heart that you were thinking of me. In fact, I can honestly say that NO ONE in that part of America has probably ever thought of me, and now I can claim it!

I fly Flexifoil, a British-made kite. Check us out at: www.flexifoil.com

thanks again,

dukestheheat

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    I have all sorts of scratches and scrapes on my legs from two days of hiking in the Cascades. Does that count? (DA, I'm posting this from Mukilteo, which I finally learned how to pronounce.)
    Coolio! Hope you've had (are having?) a good stay! Were you taking the Ferry from Mukilteo to Whidbey Island?

I've been up there a few times (it's 30 min. from where I live), and will be next weekend - there's some good diving not too far on either side from the Ferry terminal.

To keep this thread relevant, I'd have to say that scratches/scrapes from hiking aren't really injuries. Now, if you'd had to climb a tree to escape a pursuing beast, and happened to get some bad cuts in that manner, then it's a different story.

Coolio! Hope you've had (are having?) a good stay! Were you taking the Ferry from Mukilteo to Whidbey Island?
    Nah, I was just staying there because it was near the west end of U.S. 2 and more pleasant than Everett. I hiked up to the Enchantment Lakes on Monday. Stunning day. I messed around in Seattle yesterday and am back in Chicago today.