Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by rockymtn devil View Post
    I think if you're going to use purple, it needs to be with a subtle other color. LSU's mix of it with yellow, and Clemson's with orange, are just too much. Kansas State does it well with silver (as do the Colorado Rockies) and even Washington's is okay with gold. I also love white helmets (PSU, Auburn, Texas, and Duke all made my list).

Uni Watch is a good read. Paul Lukas has a daily blog that is even more detailed than his ESPN column (www.uniwatchblog.com). He noted the Duke uniforms last week, but didn't comment on them.
    Guess Mardi Gras colors don't appeal to everyone. There is more than one version of how LSU's colors were chosen. Mardi Gras colors are part of life in the Bayou State and are symbolic of prized values (justice, faith and power). LSU took two of the colors and Tulane took the third color.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRose77 View Post
    My thoughts? The UNC uniforms make me puke.
    Right, and by the second half of any UNC game you're left with the dry heaves.

As for football helmets, try your luck and see how many of these you can identify:

Helmet Quiz 1
    Helmet Quiz 2

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    Aside from my two favorites--Florida and Duke--I'll begrudgingly admit that I think Georgia's uniforms (the traditional ones, not the black--ugh!) look sharp. But I can't imagine any Top 5 list of college football uniforms omitting LSU's. And I would have to include Southern Cal and Michigan somewhere in the Top 10.
    I love LSU in Purple jerseys but they are among about three of four teams who get permission to waer white at home, so you hardly ever see the purple jerseys. The yellow jerseys with yellow helmets and white pants is almost as bad as WVU's all Yellow execpt for the blue helmets.

I like Dukes newest uniforms on the road, I think they look good.

This is not going to be popular, but at one time VA Tech used to wear Maroon helmets, white jerseys and oragnge pants. I liked it!! I know that will be a rare vote

Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    This thread reminds me of a similar list that appeared in Sports Illustrated a few years back. The author chose the best and the worst football uniforms and explained why.

The best was Penn State (classy, timeless, understated, etc.).

The worst was Penn State (blah, boring, practice uniforms, etc.)
    I think Wofford or Georgia Southern made that list. Classic Unis... Too many FBS Unis have gotten' too fancy. FCS has a lot like Penn State / Nebraska that are classic understated.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpackdevil View Post
    The best you don't even have on that list.

Anyone of Oregon's jereseys, West Virginia's Gold over Gold and NEbraskas simple red over white
    Agreed on Nebraska... No idea how they could have been missed... I personally prefer the Texas orange jerseys with white pants, rather than the pure whites... I also like UVa's home unis... How about Oklahoma? Bama? Tennessee?

Quote Originally Posted by 1Devil View Post
    This is easy. Michigan home uniforms: blue jersey, maize pants.

I agree, gotta go with the OG style.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    Most of the Duke apparel you'll find among licensed merchandise will be more or less the Royal Blue. Coach Cutcliffe says to fill the stadium with blue. Time to buy something for the football games if you don't have any Duke apparel.

The countdown for the first game is displayed on goduke.com. 21 days, 9 hours, 41 minutes and 35 seconds. Got Blue?
    Didn't somebody post a link to the Duke archives proving that the official shade of blue is Prussian blue? That would be my favorite shade. Think darker Wranglers or Lees.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    Didn't somebody post a link to the Duke archives proving that the official shade of blue is Prussian blue? That would be my favorite shade. Think darker Wranglers or Lees.
    To refresh your memory on the Duke blue history, go here.

Bruins

I agree with Scoring Point that UCLA's blue and gold uniforms look pretty good, especially now that the darker shade of blue doesn't remind you of somebody on the wrong side of 15-501.

Unfortunately, the basketball team has gone in precisely the opposite direction. Under Coach Wooden (and at least through the 1980s), they had some of the best looking uniforms in the country. Now they wear some ill-fitting outfit that looks like somebody's old pajamas.

I'm also biased, having grown up around the program, but the home Michigan jersey is by far the greatest in college football.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post
    I'm also biased, having grown up around the program, but the home Michigan jersey is by far the greatest in college football.
    Agreed. the Michigan home jerseys are my favorites. Also, the jerseys that Michigan copied, the orange and black of Princeton, are just as good.

Another classic is the USC Trojan home jerseys.

Duke blue jerseys with white pants is a great look.

Quote Originally Posted by novablue4 View Post
    I love LSU in Purple jerseys but they are among about three of four teams who get permission to waer white at home, so you hardly ever see the purple jerseys. The yellow jerseys with yellow helmets and white pants is almost as bad as WVU's all Yellow execpt for the blue helmets.

I like Dukes newest uniforms on the road, I think they look good.

This is not going to be popular, but at one time VA Tech used to wear Maroon helmets, white jerseys and oragnge pants. I liked it!! I know that will be a rare vote
    Actually, there's no permission needed. The home team gets their choice of whether they want to be white or dark. It's just that in football the home team usually chooses to be dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Right, and by the second half of any UNC game you're left with the dry heaves.

As for football helmets, try your luck and see how many of these you can identify:

Helmet Quiz 1
    Helmet Quiz 2
    99 of 100 (Army stumped me at first). Too bad you have to spell Connecticut wrong in order to get credit.

unis

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    99 of 100 (Army stumped me at first). Too bad you have to spell Connecticut wrong in order to get credit.
    How did you have to spell it? conn-victicut?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post

Helmet Quiz 1
    Helmet Quiz 2
    100/100. Straight cash, homey!

2003-2004 HLM

Glad to see some love in the later posts for the Nebraska uni's. Very classic, simple. Plus, it's got that shining symbol of a Husker education on the helmet - the "N" for 'Nowledge!

I also love the Navy jersey/white pants look for PSU.

As an OSU fan, the Scarlet & Grey has to be #1 but I absolutely love Duke's new uniforms and the white helmet is awesome as well; so much better than the old blue helmet with the "Duke" in cursive.

I especially like Duke's white jerseys.

Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post
    So what are your thoughts of the new uniforms? My first thought when I saw them was that it wasn't enough to steal their coach, Michigan had to steal West Virginia's look too? (actually, the blues are still acceptable, but the roads? c'mon).

Ohio State did some minor tweaking a few years back and, although people in Columbus freaked, the new look is great (actually more traditional). My guess is that Michigan changes that road uni before next season.

Quote Originally Posted by rockymtn devil View Post
    So what are your thoughts of the new uniforms? My first thought when I saw them was that it wasn't enough to steal their coach, Michigan had to steal West Virginia's look too? (actually, the blues are still acceptable, but the roads? c'mon).

Ohio State did some minor tweaking a few years back and, although people in Columbus freaked, the new look is great (actually more traditional). My guess is that Michigan changes that road uni before next season.
    The road jerseys I'm not sold on. I'm lucky to have purchased a road #1 jersey last year on a discount (I really liked last year's road unis), but I won't be getting this years...maybe the home one again. I think it should be changed back to something simple like last year's, but I honestly think they may roll with this design for a couple of years, unfortunately.

2003-2004 HLM