Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USA v Russia

USA v Russia

First off this is TiVo alert the game is on at 2:00 AM Sunday morning on ESPN2

Here is a good preview of the Russian team and players to watch including one American. As much as there is all this talk about Spain this team stunned the Spanish team at the Euro championships which were held in Spain by beating them on a great last minute come from behind game.

The game is at 4 pm Sunday afternoon for me so that is 3 am Eastern Standard Time. I'm looking forward to the Olympics and with Beijing being a one hour time difference from Tokyo I should see much prime time coverage.
    Bob Green

It's 3:00 A.M. EDT, i.e. 11 hours, 18 minutes from now.

Does anyone know if any of the team USA games will also be showed at a more reasonable hour for US viewers?

Quote Originally Posted by darthur View Post
    Does anyone know if any of the team USA games will also be showed at a more reasonable hour for US viewers?
    The Russia--USA game will be replayed at 7:00 PM Sunday 8/3, also on ESPN2. As to the games during the Olympics, you'll still have the 12-hour time difference, so live broadcasts will likely begin somewhere between 1:00 AM EDT and 8:00 AM EDT, and probably be replayed.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronCrazy'11 View Post
    It's 3:00 A.M. EDT, i.e. 11 hours, 18 minutes from now.
    I stand corrected - there is no daylight savings time in Japan so I forgot it is currently EDT not EST.
    Bob Green

OK

OK I am impressed I went to the ESPN website and somehow it must talk to my clock so it gave 2:00 AM as the starting time and knew I was on central time. ESPN U is rebroadcasting the games if you get that.

The Road to Redemption is also worth watching on the NBA channel being broadcast and rebroadcast a lot.

Hey, that's only midnight for us westcoasters!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim3k View Post
    Hey, that's only midnight for us westcoasters!
    Not too bad for those of us with some youth in our veins

halftime update

It's 10:00 in the morning in Bosnia-Herzegovina, but not on my local cable system (surprise!) ...

46-31 USA at the half, with D. Wade leading all scorers with 12 (and 7 rebounds!).

Balkan Boy

Russia has been successful in slowing the pace but the USA is still up 15. The game has been somewhat sloppy, but I'm expecting a couple of big runs in the 2nd Half.
    Bob Green

Q3

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Russia has been successful in slowing the pace but the USA is still up 15. The game has been somewhat sloppy, but I'm expecting a couple of big runs in the 2nd Half.
    looks like no big runs in the 3rd quarter, but we'll see what the 4th brings...

spoke to soon

Quote Originally Posted by balkan boy View Post
    maybe i spoke too soon - 10 straight for the americans, including the last 8 of the 3rd q...

spoke too soon

Quote Originally Posted by balkan boy View Post
    maybe i spoke too soon - 10 straight for the americans, including the last 8 of the 3rd q...

90-68

USA never pulled away, but we still win by 22. This wasn't a pretty game by any stretch of the imagination, however it was a win.
    Bob Green

Sounds like a solid win over a contender. Thanks for the reoprts.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

USA/russia

How many times did they play/replay the final 3 seconds?

The WORST of the WORST

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    How many times did they play/replay the final 3 seconds?
    That is the "greatest" travesty in the history of not only the Olympic Games, but of SPORTS. The IOC was determined to find a way for the Russians to win, and finally they DID IT. I'm glad our guys refused to accept the medals.

Russia did cut the lead to 10 points in the 3rd quarter. Not that the final outcome was ever in doubt. I couldn't believe my eyes when Kobe missed an easy finger roll on a fast break. I thought he shoulda just threw it down. Then there were several alley oops that missed the mark (going for the highlight reel?) And Kirilinko looked almost unstoppable inside for a good stretch there.

Interesting what the announcer was saying about Kidd, that maybe Team USA doesn't want to reveal their whole hand at this time. That, and giving Paul a chance to gain some experience.

Deron Williams

I would have to say that DW looked great against their zone, he was able to penetrate at will. CP looked a little lost on the defensive end today, but he wasnt the only one. It does worry me a little that Spain obliterated the Russians, but I am almost positive that if Coach K wanted, they could have won this game by 50 points. It was clear that he insisted on playing a half court game i the first half. Even though the Russians were not sending anybody to the board, and sending everyone back as soon as the shot went up, the USA team made no attempt to run up the floor after missed and made baskets, something they have done in the previous three games. The team also seemed a little lethargic today, they are just ready for the Olympics to start. I would have to agree that the team was just taking it a little easy today, and not showing everything they have in store for the other teams. Plus no use in risking injuries this close to the Olympics.

Go Team USA