Thread: 2008-09 Roster

2008-09 Roster

...has been posted at GoDuke.com

GoDuke link

Lists new guys as follows:

Czyz F, 6-7 240
    Plumlee F, 6-10 220
    Williams G/F, 6-4 180

None of the listings for returnees appear to have changed at all. I am a little surprised that Plumlee weighs only 220 - I thought he was more like 230, though I'm encouraged that he is listed at 6-10 - and that Williams is listed as a swingman.
    Last edited by -jk; 07-30-2008 at 06:06 PM. Reason: fix link

Only 6-7. I guess thats why he had trouble defending Ed Davis in the summer league. Hopefully coach K will teach him to use his athleticism in defense and not just to dunk.

Interesting that Elliot Williams is listed as a G/F but Henderson is just listed as a G. We usually think of Williams as a 2 and Henderson as a 3 and this seems to reverse that. Should I be reading anything into this?

Quote Originally Posted by CameronCrazy'11 View Post
    Interesting that Elliot Williams is listed as a G/F but Henderson is just listed as a G. We usually think of Williams as a 2 and Henderson as a 3 and this seems to reverse that. Should I be reading anything into this?
    No. Means absolutely NOTHING.

Not only does it mean nothing, as you imply, the opposite is in fact true. Duke will occasionally throw Henderson out there at the 4 for brief spurts, but I will go ahead and say that Elliot will never guard the opposing team's 4 on purpose for more than a play or two.

Sorry, I didn't mean to get anyone up in arms about this. I'm just wondering what criteria they use to decide who's a G, G/F, F, or C.

for Hendo

Quote Originally Posted by CameronCrazy'11 View Post
    Sorry, I didn't mean to get anyone up in arms about this. I'm just wondering what criteria they use to decide who's a G, G/F, F, or C.
    this is probably more of a nod to his draft status. he will go into the NBA as a guard, maybe they want to present him as such. or maybe they had a ball handling drills for the last 10 days and he was the best. too much to hope for? well, here's hoping. imagine what hendo could do to people with a reliable jumper and just two reliable moves to get by his man. the fact that he has neither and is still one of the best players in the country this year speaks volumes about his athleticism and savvy.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisheery View Post
    this is probably more of a nod to his draft status. he will go into the NBA as a guard, maybe they want to present him as such. or maybe they had a ball handling drills for the last 10 days and he was the best. too much to hope for? well, here's hoping. imagine what hendo could do to people with a reliable jumper and just two reliable moves to get by his man. the fact that he has neither and is still one of the best players in the country this year speaks volumes about his athleticism and savvy.
    I agree it may be a nod to his draft status, but no jump shot? His mid-range J is one of his top weapons. Maybe you mean imagine what he could do with a reliable 3-point shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    I agree it may be a nod to his draft status, but no jump shot? His mid-range J is one of his top weapons. Maybe you mean imagine what he could do with a reliable 3-point shot?
    If Henderson develops a reliable three point shot next year (.385 or higher) I see no reason why he can't go top 5 in the draft next year.

Haha... i like our new number 20 alot more than the old one