Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thumbs down Earthquake Schrmaquake

This wasn't an EARTHQUAKE that mattered an iota. It was a drop in the bucket, a piece of cake.

A 5.4 is just a little rock'n'roll. No property damage anywhere, no lives lost, perhaps a painting or two needing re-adjustment on the walls.

Should this even have made the news either locally or farther afield? NOT.

Ridiculous! Give me a great 6.0, or even bet a 7 -- and then we can talk.

It was interesting here in SoCal that "news" of the "quake" was reported non-stop on most channels for hours. Must have been a slow new day.

Smile It's a very boring day ... it is boring through and through...

Quote Originally Posted by dukemomLA View Post
    It was interesting here in SoCal that "news" of the "quake" was reported non-stop on most channels for hours. Must have been a slow new day.
    You mean there weren't any celebrity/police car chases?

You mean Andruw Jones didn't hit a single?

You mean Manny wasn't being Manny?

Cheers,
    Lavabe

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by dukemomLA View Post
    This wasn't an EARTHQUAKE that mattered an iota. It was a drop in the bucket, a piece of cake.

A 5.4 is just a little rock'n'roll. No property damage anywhere, no lives lost, perhaps a painting or two needing re-adjustment on the walls.

Should this even have made the news either locally or farther afield? NOT.

Ridiculous! Give me a great 6.0, or even bet a 7 -- and then we can talk.

I hope you are joking because I've been in a near 7.0 in the Bay Area and no way would I want to experience it again

Dear Devil 77,

I apologize for listing a 7.0 quake, or something near that in my earlier post. I was also in SanFran (attending a SF Giants baseball game) when that quake occurred. And yes, quite scary.

The Northridge Quake in L.A. also caused much damage. The water in the pool sent many gallons of water into my house. Such 'fun' and lots of mold to follow. Stupid me for leaving the back sliding doors open at night. And my morning visit to our ice company yielded surprising results as they were giving away bags of cubes and block of ice free-of-charge. My power was restored even before I returned from my "Ice trip" but it allowed me the opportunity to supply ice the many friends who weren't so lucky.

But again a 5.4 should not have merited hours of media coverage. No loss of life and no damage to property.

I hereby lower my past estimate of scary quakes: Let's settle upon a 5.9 or above.

quake, grammar police

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Wow! You're 3rd quake in 4 years? I'm sure your getting to feel like they're just another day at the office. Your lucky to have so much action in you're place of work. I'm glad your not injured, and I hope that you're family members are likewise safe.
    speaking of the grammar police...
    Last edited by devildeac; 08-03-2008 at 09:39 AM. Reason: sorry-just reading thread-grammar lesson has been completed (frown)