Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Brandon Knight has been offered.

man: boynton, williams, dawkins, knight, and thornton. loooooottttta guards. but they're all so good!

Quote Originally Posted by dukeballer2294 View Post
    i thought he signed with texas
    I didn't see this answered. Does anyone have any insight?

Tristan Thompson commited to Texas. Thornton hasn't commited yet.

Lightbulb here's an idea

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    man: boynton, williams, dawkins, knight, and thornton. loooooottttta guards. but they're all so good!
    we need a true center.
    i love all the guards and forwards, but give me 1 true center, just like boozer or shelden or brand.

who?

Quote Originally Posted by speedevil View Post
    we need a true center.
    i love all the guards and forwards, but give me 1 true center, just like boozer or shelden or brand.
    Have anyone in mind? Is there a 2010 prospect that is similar to any of those 3?

we need a true center.
    Don't forget that we will have Miles and Mason Plumlee still on the team. Both are in the 6'10" range and should have decent bulk by then. Both are also pretty athletic. It's yet to be seen exactly how good they will be but they should be able to play the center position just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SMO View Post
    Have anyone in mind? Is there a 2010 prospect that is similar to any of those 3?
    Josh Smith, 6'9" 270# from Washington state, is ranked among the top 5 in the class of 2010 (some say contending for #1 prospect), and is shown on the rivals.com database as having an offer from Duke. He is a true low post scorer, rebounder, and shotblocker.

Think about the scholarship situation for 2010. In 2009, we will be coming off a championship run (at least final four, great chance for K's 4th title). Nolan Smith and Kyle Singler will be going into there senior years, and if we win it, i dont like our chances of keeping both of them.

Most of us think that Gerald Henderson will be gone after this year, but if he stays, thats another scholarship. Scheyer, Pocius, Thomas and Zoubek will be all graduating.

Dont forget, we have room for 3 in the 09 class, and say for instance we sign Plumlee, Boynton and Jamil Wilson.

After 09 Championship run:
    PG- Nolan Smith
    SG- Kenny Boynton
    SF- Jamil Wilson
    PF- Mason Plumlee, Olek Czyz
    C- Miles Plumlee

Thats only 6 guys on scholarship! 5 if you think Smith will leave early. So at a maximum number, we could have 8 scholarships open for:
    PG- Brandon Knight, Tyler Thornton
    SG- Andre Dawkins
    SF- Harrison Barnes
    PF- Josh Hairston, Nate Lubick
    C- Josh Smith

I know its not real possible to think about, but this would be the best recruiting class ever if we could sign everyone above.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEDEVILS View Post
    Think about the scholarship situation for 2010. In 2009, we will be coming off a championship run (at least final four, great chance for K's 4th title). Nolan Smith and Kyle Singler will be going into there senior years, and if we win it, i dont like our chances of keeping both of them.

Most of us think that Gerald Henderson will be gone after this year, but if he stays, thats another scholarship. Scheyer, Pocius, Thomas and Zoubek will be all graduating.

Dont forget, we have room for 3 in the 09 class, and say for instance we sign Plumlee, Boynton and Jamil Wilson.

After 09 Championship run:
    PG- Nolan Smith
    SG- Kenny Boynton
    SF- Jamil Wilson
    PF- Mason Plumlee, Olek Czyz
    C- Miles Plumlee

Thats only 6 guys on scholarship! 5 if you think Smith will leave early. So at a maximum number, we could have 8 scholarships open for:
    PG- Brandon Knight, Tyler Thornton
    SG- Andre Dawkins
    SF- Harrison Barnes
    PF- Josh Hairston, Nate Lubick
    C- Josh Smith

I know its not real possible to think about, but this would be the best recruiting class ever if we could sign everyone above.
    '09 is next season so you're off by a year. Also you forgot E-Will which would give us 7 returning players.

Also, there is no way that K would bring in more than 6 recruits in one class. First of all, you could never get freshman as talented as those on your list, to ride the pine for their entire freshman year and probably half the guys you list would have to make that sacrifice. Second that would make recruiting the '11 class an absolute nightmare. A couple of those guys are 1-2 year caliber star players but with so much competition it would be impossible to know who would rise to the top as freshman and who would have to stick around a little longer. Also, how do you even try to convince someone from the following class that they could break into the rotation? Then when half the class goes pro after their sophomore year and you have no one in the next class you have a two year hole that can't be filled.

Just a bump and hoping Tyler gets his due instead of the thread straying off topic. The kids a solid prospect and an inportant prosect for the Blue Devils.

There's not to much info on Thronton. Does anyone know what kind of player he is?

Yancem, it was very late....

Tyler would be a vitale piece to the '10 class. He's a very solid hard nosed PG who likes to defend and is a pass first PG. He's also very strong for his size and can get to the rim when it's needed.
    This is a 4 yr PG which we definitely need for this class.

thanks man.

if you have access to rivals, there's a good article about Tyler on there and what he thinks of Duke and how important he actually is to the '10 class.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEDEVILS View Post
    Yancem, it was very late....
    Been there done that

Quote Originally Posted by bozz03 View Post
    Tyler would be a vitale piece to the '10 class.
    Does this mean he will be a "diaper dandy" or maybe even a "prime-time player"?
    Sorry to jump on a typo, but I just couldn't resist this one.

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    Don't forget that we will have Miles and Mason Plumlee still on the team. Both are in the 6'10" range and should have decent bulk by then. Both are also pretty athletic. It's yet to be seen exactly how good they will be but they should be able to play the center position just fine.
    just because they are 6"10 doesnt mean that they are centers.

singler is 6'7 -6'8 and he logged minutes at the center position

just because they are 6"10 doesnt mean that they are centers.

singler is 6'7 -6'8 and he logged minutes at the center position
    What position would you play them then? Yes, 6'10" doesn't necessarily mean you have to play center, McRoberts played PF his freshman year but that was because we had Shelden Williams. He moved to center his sophomore season. If Zoubek is healthy then either Plumlee brother could play the PF at times, but they are both 6'10" +/- and from what I have read, have or will have the strength to play in the middle. They (mostly Mason from what I hear) may float out to the perimeter on offense and take some jump shots but that doesn't mean they aren't/can't play center. Laettner played center and he took a lot of outside shots. As did Parks. Of course you have to make the outside shots to be effective but that has nothing to do with what position you play.

As for Singler logging minutes at the center position, I don't get your point. Zoubek was the only guy taller than him on the team last year and was injured most of the season. Are you saying you consider Singler a center?