wanna buy 2005 basketball NCAA championship ring? It's on sale!

Sold!

For $2 so I could melt it down to remove the stain from the earth.

Should Have Checked E-Bay

You people should have checked e-Bay several years ago. About six or seven years ago a 1991 Duke National Championship ring was up for sale on e-Bay. The seller was in Germany and had bought it off a member of that team for an undisclosed amount then put it up for worldwide auction. The seller did not say who's ring it was but that they were a member of the 91 squad but not 92. Also given the fact they were in Germany my best guess at the time was it had to be Billy McCaffery (sp), but that is my best guess. It was a genuine ring however not a replica.

Quote Originally Posted by Latta6970 View Post
    You people should have checked e-Bay several years ago. About six or seven years ago a 1991 Duke National Championship ring was up for sale on e-Bay. The seller was in Germany and had bought it off a member of that team for an undisclosed amount then put it up for worldwide auction. The seller did not say who's ring it was but that they were a member of the 91 squad but not 92. Also given the fact they were in Germany my best guess at the time was it had to be Billy McCaffery (sp), but that is my best guess. It was a genuine ring however not a replica.
    A more likely suspect -- the German on the team, Christian Ast. I think Jim Sumner has reported here that Ast sold his ring. Ast was, however, on the '92 team as well.

Get about 200 DBR members to contribute $9-10 and we can buy it, gift wrap it, and mail it to Jay Wright or Bruce Weber. (Or Matt Doherty, if we're feeling particularly snarky.)

Anyone want to set up a poll?

Apparently you get two different rings when you win the NCAA championship: one from the NCAA, and one from your school.

The UNC-issued ring would be considered the "real" championship ring.

The one listed on eBay is the NCAA-issued one, and looks like it came from Jostens.

Kiss My Ast

Quote Originally Posted by dkbaseball View Post
    A more likely suspect -- the German on the team, Christian Ast. I think Jim Sumner has reported here that Ast sold his ring. Ast was, however, on the '92 team as well.
    Yeah now that you mention it Ast would be more apt. I always forget he was on that team. And if Sumner says it I usually accept it as gospel. So we'll say it's Sumner 3:21-22 "And thus did on e-Bay a ring be bought and sold, nay did it belong to Billy. For a Christian could not appreciate the privalege of such possession and did sell".

Question

ill buy it how much?

Oh, that's just sad. I mean really, deeply sad.

Worse still, because of the dumb choices that all college kids make (not specific to Carolina, unfortunately) best case scenario it's being sold to buy a Hummer or something. Worst case, it's to cover debts best left undiscussed.

I think they wanted a Hummer, but only got enough money for a Xbox 360.

Its Noel's ring

I confirmed with the seller that its from David Noel. What a freakin chump...

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by HateCarolina View Post
    I confirmed with the seller that its from David Noel. What a freakin chump...
    dont hate. you dont know what his situation is. he earned it and has every right to sell it or do whatever