Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post
I was going to post this earlier and now that CathyCA has joined this fascinating topic of conversation, I feel justified in doing so.

* Men of DBR - if you're having a lot of trouble with razor burn, bumps, etc. it may not be your razor that's to blame.* My husband thought I was crazy, but after getting "razor burn" (more accurately characterized as a horrible, stinging pain radiating down my legs) from shaving with his shaving cream on my legs, I suggested that he switch to Aveeno. No fragrances, emulsifiers, weird colors, dioxymidiichlorians, etc. From that point onwards, he claims that his face has become less sensitive, but I know the truth and I'm the one that has to buy the stuff for him because he's embarrassed.
I've gone through it all. The best solution that I stick with now is Clinique's Men's 3-Step and skin care products. The face scrub softens the beard up nicely, the shaving cream is great and the lotion dulls the fire on my face quite nicely.

Occasionally, I'll sport the Abe Lincoln because the mustache and higher areas on the cheek don't seem to have the same problems as my neck. My biggest problem is the ingrown hairs on my neck that happen afterwards. So far, Clinique hasn't made anything to address that. :-(