Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: image gallery

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

image gallery

I threw my stuff out there, and Latta has shown us his....
    art.

Any closet artists/photogs here? Even if you drew it in 5th grade, or doodled your way through a 2535 mile long conference call, let us see what was on the other end of that pencil/pen/brush!

My latest..

I grew the tomatoes

This isn't art but it's in WV where I'm doing research on trees that date back to 1500. Looking down on the North Fork of the Potomac.

~rthomas

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    That's exactly what I'm talking about...except smaller. But sweet start, love the tree!

I do a bit of amateur photgraphy, but most of my stuff is not electronic. For the stuff that is, who do you guys use to host so you can post it here?

You don't need a host. Just click on the paper clip while posting, upload your file from your computer. That's assuming you have scanned or saved it to your PC.

Testing

So, if I've done it right, then there should be a view of Lesser Skellig from the Monastary atop Greater Skellig?

EDIT - I appear to have done something wrong, or perhaps the dimensions are too large.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2 Works

I hope CBAB doesn't mind but these are two images (horrible photos!!) of two recent works....

The first of course is the Taj Mahal a historic work of art I am absolutely astounded by. Before I die I will see it with my own eyes if I have to swim to India.

The second is a woodcut and stain. It was originally a table top. I drew out the design and then cut it out with a jigsaw and stained it. I had plans to turn it into a table but I like it better hanging on the wall.

Beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Cavlaw View Post
    So, if I've done it right, then there should be a view of Lesser Skellig from the Monastary atop Greater Skellig?

EDIT - I appear to have done something wrong, or perhaps the dimensions are too large.
    Beautiful photo. I hate people that can take photographs, and even more the ones who can take a photo that's a work of art! And 2535 that is an awesome photo too. I've been to Hong Kong but not mainland China I envy your skill and opportunity.
    Last edited by Uncle Drew; 07-10-2008 at 12:40 AM.

Nice shot. I like your taste. Here's a shot I took when I was in China on business.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Nice shot. I like your taste. Here's a shot I took when I was in China on business.

I'm jealous of the shot and the trip. I can only offer Rainbow Over Stonehenge in response.

That's awesome.

Is it art?

My Brother's Wife posted a blog one day with the following challenge:
    After emptying my clothes dryer lint trap, I was about to throw the contents away and I wondered "hmmmm" is there anything I could possibly do with this other than add it to the landfill? I'm going to think on it while I scrub the toilets. Send me any suggestions you have or, if you think you can do better than me. Please be my guest.
    I created the following advertisement:

Clinique's Home Facelift Kit (scalpel not included) - $39.99
    - 12 clear scalp retention pins: Designed for the appearance conscious home face lifter. Clear pins disappear into your hairline hiding the unsightly surgical instruments while your lift heals!
    - 11 designer face retention pins: Harmonious colors and contemporary low-profile design combine to create refined retention pins that complement any fall or spring ensemble
    - 2 ear pins: Long pins allow even the largest ears to be pinned back comfortably
    - 1 personal pocket mirror: Enjoy your facelift on the go with Clinique's new Laser Mirror
    - Synthetic/Natural Hybrid Gauze: This high-fashion, recycled hybrid gauze features a random mix of environmentally friendly synthetic and natural fibers that quickly absorb blood during your home face-lift procedure
    - Clinique's Lip Gloss: Dazzling light reflecting and moistiruizing formula comes in a variety of colors for a combination of color and comfort that's impossible to resist.

I'm jealous of the shot and the trip. I can only offer Rainbow Over Stonehenge in response.
    That's a great shot! Stonehenge is on my 'to do' list.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post

I grew the tomatoes
    Great, just great. I love it. If I'm ever back in town I'm going to come by and you're going to sell me a painting. Or else!

Not A Work Of Art

This isn't a work of art but it shows why you can't take SOME people to Switzerland get them drunk on Absynthe and let them lose in the town. The old man watching me having my picture taken knew I had to be some $#$#% American and most likely from North Carolina.

vcool so far!

Great photos. Latta that woodcut is amazing, can you get a better photo? I'm not sure I'd have the patience to do a woodwork piece that size.

I love the face kit, too. That's hilarious.

out of the school house window

Looking out of the (abandoned) school house window in Cuervo, New Mexico. Cuervo once was a bustling town - it became a ghost town after Route 66 moved.

People? We have photo albums here for this purpose. Let's use 'em!

Separately, I posted photos to this thread awhile back.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    People? We have photo albums here for this purpose. Let's use 'em!

Separately, I posted photos to this thread awhile back.
    You can't do much discussion about them in the album section, it's nice to be able to share with a story. Excellent photos, by the way. I took a trip out Vegas and the Grand Canyon in early April, the desert was blooming. Not many of my photos are painting worthy though, grrr.

Yeah, I want people to "ooohhh" and "ahhhh" over my favorite landscape photo, and that won't happen if it's just in my gallery!