PDA

View Full Version : Freakin' CATS! What are the cutest parts!?

EarlJam
07-01-2008, 11:49 PM
What's the most cutest thing about a cat to you?

hc5duke
07-02-2008, 01:10 AM
missing option: the delicious meat.

ok, but seriously, i don't like cats... that should be an option :)

DevilAlumna
07-02-2008, 01:19 AM
What about, "the annoyed flick of their tail as they run away from your kicking foot"?

(Also not a huge cat fan... though I have met a couple dog-like ones that were tolerable.)

dukemomLA
07-02-2008, 04:15 AM
I currently have 3 dogs and 2 cats. Love them all.

Many recent scientific studies have shown that babies/kids who grow up with more at least 2 domestic animals in the household usually do not suffer from colic, allergies or asthma. Older adults with pets live longer, healthier and happier lives.

I don't care what is the "cutest parts." All is fine with me. Couldn't live without them. I can't imagine the thought of returning home after a long day without the wags of the tails or the meows for food, or all the critters giving me unconditional love. Yikes, what a blessing.

Now, if only I could get these guys (along with the three hawks who have decided to live in my trees) to get rid of my gophers, I'd be in paradise.

Uncle Drew
07-02-2008, 07:08 AM
When they run and jump on one of the ferrets like it's some play toy just for them. And the ferret turns and grabs the cat by the throat with it's jaws. After that I hear a pitiful wail and have to go coax Jello (my female ferret) down so she won't crush the cats windpipe. It happens once a week and you'd think Socker (one of my cats) would have learned by now. My other cat Prince has learned when the ferrets walk up to him he doesn't pop them with his paw or anything, he just walks away.

When Prince young he was reaching his paw under a stool to get at one of the ferrets. All of a sudden I heard him howl and when he pulled out his paw Jello had gotten a hold of his arm. He was swinging it trying to shake her lose but she was holding on like a pitbull.

Oh FYI: Prince is a minister in the Feline Evangelical Ebenezer Tabernacle, he says all dogs are going to burn in hell. My other cat Socker is Catholic, he just thinks all dogs are going to purgatory.

YmoBeThere
07-02-2008, 07:25 AM
Cat hating = sure sign of mass homicidal tendencies?

One of mine does act more like a dog than a cat...

rthomas
07-02-2008, 08:54 AM
Your cat is a mind control expert. It does this by infecting you with a parasite, call Toxoplasmosis, and you get this when you empty the little kitty's litter box and forget to wash your hands.

Typically, the life cycle of Toxoplasmosis involves a cat and its prey, starting as eggs shed in an infected cat's feces, inadvertently eaten by a warm-blooded animal, such as a rat. The infected rat's behavior alters so that it becomes more active, less cautious and more likely to be eaten by a cat, where the parasite completes its life cycle.

A human is a dead end for the parasite. After producing usually mild flu-like symptoms in humans, the parasite tends to remain in a dormant state in the brain and other tissues. (Note: could be worse in pregnant women, old people and babies).

The parasite lives in your brain, affects the level of dopamine and influences your behavior including that it makes you love your cat. Infected men are more likely to be aggressive, jealous and suspicious and have a lower atention span, while women become more outgoing, more promiscous, and show signs of higher intelligence. In addition, toxoplasma infection and subsequent delayed reaction times were linked to a greater risk of traffic accidents.

hc5duke
07-02-2008, 01:30 PM
Cat hating = sure sign of mass homicidal tendencies?

You keep saying that, and I'll KILL you! I'LL KILL YOU ALL.

I mean... I respectfully disagree with your correlation of ailurophobia and homicidal tendencies. Mine is purely a coincidence.

Many recent scientific studies have shown that babies/kids who grow up with more at least 2 domestic animals in the household usually do not suffer from colic, allergies or asthma. Older adults with pets live longer, healthier and happier lives.

My brother and I grew up with 1 dog (+ 1 cat later) at home and 2-3 dogs at the farm... he's extremely allergic to cat dander, and I'm allergic to dust mites and just about every tree sperm in the air. Yay for being anomalies :-p

2535Miles
07-02-2008, 01:49 PM
I present you with:

Septimus aka: Captimus, Captimus Prime, Buddy. He doesn't like it when I talk on the phone. He also lays on your chest and puts his paw on your face when he wants attention. He runs the house.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c97/long1118/septimus.jpg

Allegra. She doesn't have nicknames, she doesn't need them.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c97/long1118/allegra.jpg

Ggallagher
07-02-2008, 08:06 PM
My apologies to all the cat lovers (and we do have one in the house along with two dogs), but I'm afraid I can't pass this up now.

At our favorite Oriental restaurant here in Cincinnati, I've always felt that a true sign of how good the restaurant is (and how cool the owner is), is looking at the owner's Porsche which is typically parked where you can't miss it as you walk toward the entrance - and prominently displayed on the Porsche's rear bumper is a sticker that reads, "So many cats, so few recipes"

And we absolutely love eating there.

hc5duke
07-02-2008, 08:17 PM
My apologies to all the cat lovers (and we do have one in the house along with two dogs), but I'm afraid I can't pass this up now.

At our favorite Oriental restaurant here in Cincinnati, I've always felt that a true sign of how good the restaurant is (and how cool the owner is), is looking at the owner's Porsche which is typically parked where you can't miss it as you walk toward the entrance - and prominently displayed on the Porsche's rear bumper is a sticker that reads, "So many cats, so few recipes"

And we absolutely love eating there.

My GOD that's HORRIBLE! You've offended me with that post and I hope you're happy. I won't eat for a week now... Bumper sticker on a Porsche, jeebus. :rolleyes:

Ggallagher
07-02-2008, 09:12 PM
My GOD that's HORRIBLE! You've offended me with that post and I hope you're happy. I won't eat for a week now... Bumper sticker on a Porsche, jeebus. :rolleyes:

Yeah I know, that's pretty extreme. But I wouldn't be surprised if the owner bought that particular Porsche just to have a place for that bumper sticker.

Sorry about your appetite :)

YmoBeThere
07-02-2008, 10:08 PM
My cats are getting the Hummer out of the garage as I type. Little Porsche doesn't stand a chance...