PDA

View Full Version : Hansblahblah Article and Poll Skew

EarlJam
07-01-2008, 12:45 PM
2009 Mock Draft and predictions. He has Hansblahbra going 18th.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/8299626/Mullens,-Griffin-top-2009-mock-draft

-EJ

moonpie23
07-01-2008, 12:54 PM
he's pretty right.......gerald at 20 might be a under estimate depending on how gerald does this season tho...

i'm kinda wondering about the patrick patterson pick.....nothing really this past season except the injury...

EarlJam
07-01-2008, 01:10 PM
i'm kinda wondering about the patrick patterson pick.....nothing really this past season except the injury...

More on the Patrick Patterson "pick"....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=h1tIoqzWH8I

-EarlJam

DevilDan
07-01-2008, 01:24 PM
I'm not surprised at the poll ... this guy appears to have the same take as I do on Tyler ... a great hustler & gamer, but just a "good" basketball player. He's likely to get a lot of repeat POY attention, but some of that will come due to the high profile of his team throughout the coming season.

After this season, he's going to have to develop a reliable 17-20 foot shot, because his game near the rim isn't going to work at the NBA level. He'll get away with a move here and there, but I see of lot of "rejections" when he tries those little baby flip shots (which he still tends to create, once he's in the air). Remember the Kansas game?

I predict that he will become the NBA's next Eduardo Najera. 'Nuff said, I'd rather talk about our guys. GO DUKE !

wilson
07-01-2008, 01:38 PM

I disagree strongly. Patterson was the best player by leaps and bounds on a Kentucky team that rallied to make the tournament. He averaged 16+ points, 8 boards on the season (his ended in late February). His numbers did not drop off at all once UK got into their conference schedule, which is precisely when their season took a turn for the better. He served as the catalyst in their January win against previously undefeated Vanderbilt, putting up a double. I saw him play in person and he was obviously the most talented player on the court. He will definitely produce on the next level.

FireOgilvie
07-01-2008, 09:55 PM
Patterson was great until he got injured.

Looking at the mock draft... there's no way Stephen Curry goes 10th. I could see him more like 20th at best. He's a great scorer, but he's too small and doesn't have NBA point guard skills.

yancem
07-01-2008, 10:52 PM
I found it interesting that there were several freshman listed but Greg Monroe wasn't one of them. Was this an oversight or has his stock fallen that much?

Also, while I am hoping that Singler sticks around for a third (or a fourth!) year, I would have thought, considering all of the other underclassmen listed, that he would have been on the list. We'll have to wait and see what happens next season before we will know how high he could go but I would think he would certainly be a first rounder if not possible a lottery pick.

dukemomLA
07-02-2008, 03:38 AM
There is so much with which I disagree. Truly I do not dispute Hansblahblah at 18. But so much depends (for others) what transpires this season.

Gerald H should go much higher than 20. S. Curry from Davidson -- well, I'd gobble him up in a non-second. Patrick P -- perhaps one of the best in this draft-to-come. Ah...so many more picks that differ from this "expert."

Let's keep this list for referral as the season unfolds. Can we collectively raspberry this idiot. LOL