Cormac
06-30-2008, 07:16 AM
Right now!

dcarp23
06-30-2008, 10:45 AM
What did he have to say?

Cormac
06-30-2008, 10:55 AM
It was all about the Olympic team. How to build chemistry, etc. He made some interesing points I thought, as he always does. He said chemistry has not been a problem because they have "NBA all-stars" in that they are great players, not that they are all about individual glory. The guest hosts (eric Kuselias and marcellus wiley sp?) asked him if they were going to get the gold medal back. His response I thought was exactly what needs to be said. He pointed out that this sense of entitlement to the gold medal is what's gotten us in this mess in the first place (my words, not his). Its not "ours". We're not getting something back that was ours and stolen from us. The world has a lot of great players (he said in the next few years the NBA will be 40% international) and we cant go in like its our medal. We have to earn it, just like everyone else. Anyway, I thought it was a great, great interview. The man never stops amazing me. Its things like this that remind me he's much more than a college basketball coach. He's about a lot more than just tourny performance. He's an amazing man and thank God he's at Duke!!!

RWD
06-30-2008, 12:39 PM
The "get our medal back" response reminded me to what he said at the beginning of the '91-'92 season. We weren't "defending" our national title; the '91 team had won the '91 title, and the '92 team had to go out and win a different title -- the '92 title. It worked then.

RWD

Edouble
06-30-2008, 04:33 PM
The "get our medal back" response reminded me to what he said at the beginning of the '91-'92 season. We weren't "defending" our national title; the '91 team had won the '91 title, and the '92 team had to go out and win a different title -- the '92 title. It worked then.

RWD

Yes, nice analogy, not "defending" but "pursuing" were Coach K's words, I believe.