PDA

View Full Version : What is Your Best after dinner radio show

CameronBornAndBred
06-27-2008, 09:34 PM
I have mine, and will share it with you...ON MONDAY!. I can't share it tonite, because it only airs Monday- Friday...but it kicks eclectic azz. I paint to it. So until Monday (I'll post a link you get to listen live) what is your favorite radio show after you get home? When I drive through home, (Durham) I always like to catch Back Porch on the local public station, great bluegrass, on weekend nights. (Hint, my hidden show might be on public radio).

rthomas
06-27-2008, 11:10 PM
My favorite radio show any time of the day is World Cafe.

Ben63
06-28-2008, 10:17 AM
Mine has got to be Fox Gametime React with JT the Brick. Fox Sports Radio (XM 142) starting 10PM EST. His caller driven show is the best out there because of his love and passion for sports.

Indoor66
06-28-2008, 10:19 AM
Mine used to be "Yours truly, Johnny Dollar."

wilson
06-28-2008, 02:47 PM
"The Sound" on eastern North Carolina public radio (Public Radio East) is really good, though I'm happy to be out of eastern NC now. Another NPR station out of Hickory, NC used to have a great Grateful Dead Hour (I think it was actually a couple of hours). And of course, there's the king of all radio shows (though it doesn't air at night): Car Talk.

CameronBornAndBred
06-28-2008, 03:36 PM
"The Sound" on eastern North Carolina public radio (Public Radio East) is really good, though I'm happy to be out of eastern NC now. Another NPR station out of Hickory, NC used to have a great Grateful Dead Hour (I think it was actually a couple of hours). And of course, there's the king of all radio shows (though it doesn't air at night): Car Talk.

"The Sound" is my favorite show. I listen to it everynite from 7 until Midnite. It has a great mix of music: rockabilly, folk, bluegrass, country, "other". I listen to it to find new artists I've never heard of before and remember ones I haven't heard in forever. You can listen to it live here (http://www.publicradioeast.org/) along with all of their other programming.

P.S. I'm posting it now because Wilson mentioned it. Do turn into it Monday night, you won't be dissapointed.

hc5duke
06-28-2008, 04:05 PM
No offense to anyone, but I am *shocked* people still listen to the radio. The only time I listen to the radio is in my car, and even then only when I'm tired of my mp3 player play list.

wilson
06-28-2008, 04:17 PM
No offense to anyone, but I am *shocked* people still listen to the radio. The only time I listen to the radio is in my car, and even then only when I'm tired of my mp3 player play list.

You clearly don't know enough about NPR. Your loss.

captmojo
06-30-2008, 02:40 PM
http://www.wncw.org/

This is back porch all day and all night.

mapei
06-30-2008, 03:37 PM
XM Fine Tuning channel.

rthomas
06-30-2008, 03:44 PM
How about worst? thistle and shamrock.

CameronBornAndBred
06-30-2008, 04:19 PM
How about worst? thistle and shamrock.

NO way, that's a good driving show. Her accent is pretty annoying, but I enjoy the music. I try to catch it if I'm in the middle of the state on Sundays.

willywoody
06-30-2008, 04:40 PM
thistle and shamrock . yikes. i'd rather've graduated from UNC.

fadero
06-30-2008, 10:43 PM
Night Calls, 7-10 weeknights on sirius playboy, ginger lynn and christy canyon host a call in talk show. check it out.

rockymtn devil
07-02-2008, 11:49 PM
After Hours in Studio C on KBCO out of Boulder.