PDA

View Full Version : Played it til my fingers bled

EarlJam
06-26-2008, 01:05 AM
You know that old song by Bryan (not Ryan) Adams "Summer of 69" that includes the lyrics, "...Played it (guitar) til my fingers bled?"

Well, I've just spent the last two hours playing the hell out of my guitar and on a slide I can proudly say I opened a cut on my left middle finger that drew blood.

My guitar play is simple, and I am humble in the simplicity of my music, but having a bloody finger from playing tonight makes me happy in some twisted way.

Now I am off to dry my laundry. Can't stop me!

-EJ

2535Miles
06-26-2008, 03:10 AM
You know that old song by Bryan (not Ryan) Adams "Summer of 69" that includes the lyrics, "...Played it (guitar) til my fingers bled?"

Well, I've just spent the last two hours playing the hell out of my guitar and on a slide I can proudly say I opened a cut on my left middle finger that drew blood.

My guitar play is simple, and I am humble in the simplicity of my music, but having a bloody finger from playing tonight makes me happy in some twisted way.

-EJ
I snapped a brand new string tuning my bass once. It drew blood and scared the crap out of me. Bass strings are small enough to cut, and big enough to bruise. Do not try this at home.

Matches
06-26-2008, 10:50 AM
This song was on 80's XM when I got in the car this morning - odd little piece of synchronicity...

pfrduke
06-26-2008, 10:56 AM

-EJ

But the real question is whether that guitar was your first real six-string and whether you acquired said guitar over at the five and dime.

Shammrog
06-26-2008, 11:31 AM

-EJ

Bryan Adams. How unfortunate.

(Actually, Reckless was a great album. Everything thereafter was, ...unfortunate.)

g_olaf
06-26-2008, 03:53 PM
-EJ

Doesn't count... a previous cut on your finger is like getting a head start...

Plus you did this playing slide? What finger was the slide on? 4th or pinkie... makes a difference.

EarlJam
06-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Doesn't count... a previous cut on your finger is like getting a head start...

Plus you did this playing slide? What finger was the slide on? 4th or pinkie... makes a difference.

4th (ring finger). I was playing one of my faster, but more meaningful songs, "Dock dis Rocket in your Pocket" when I slide down to the 10th fret to began the lead. Halfway down, a burn. I looked down. Blood.

I put the guitar away, did some push-ups, had a beer and went to bed.

-EarlJam

2535Miles
06-26-2008, 04:13 PM
I put the guitar away, did some push-ups, had a beer and went to bed.

Reminiscent of American Psycho. Wait. Damn. You just might really have BillyBreen.