PDA

View Full Version : Do animals have souls that live on after death?

EarlJam
06-25-2008, 12:39 AM
If you believe we, as humans, have souls that live on after we die; then do you also believe animals have souls that live on as well?

-EJ

2535Miles
06-25-2008, 12:52 AM
I really want to believe they do, but I just can't. However, I do believe you will live forever so we don't have to worry about your soul, thankfully. ;)

Windsor
06-25-2008, 06:37 AM
My vet has a sign in his office that says "If there are no dogs in heaven I want to go where they went"

If I believed in heaven, there would have to be dogs....or it wouldn't be heaven :)

BlueDevilBaby
06-25-2008, 09:28 AM
What Windsor said. I have no doubt.

blublood
06-25-2008, 10:47 AM
My husband the Hebrew scholar clarified this for me. (and I'm going to try to get this right without butchering his point) Both people and animals have a nephesh - a soul or spirit that presumably lives on after death. People additionally were created with n'shamah - the breath of God - one of the ways that we were made in God's image. Animals don't have a "soul" in the same way that we do, but I think it's a reasonable inference that because they are a part of creation, and because we know that the whole creation is going to be made new, our animals pals are also going to be a part of that.

hurleyfor3
06-25-2008, 11:22 AM
Considering the cats my family has had over the years, there had better be both a kitty heaven and a kitty hell.

wilson
06-25-2008, 11:24 AM
Considering the cats my family has had over the years, there had better be both a kitty heaven and a kitty hell.

Actually, there's only one of those. A few people around here could probably tell you which one it is.;)

TillyGalore
06-25-2008, 11:30 AM
Actually, there's only one of those. A few people around here could probably tell you which one it is.;)

That would be kitty heaven. :D You may disagree with me, but you'd be wrong. ;)

AtlBluRew
06-25-2008, 02:04 PM
Yes, even chiggers! ;-)

Sweet! I've obtained Wojo status. One of my all-time favorites, and a fellow alum of Cardinal Gibbons HS!

ForeverBlowingBubbles
06-25-2008, 04:03 PM
We don't have souls, animals don't have souls...

There is no heaven, there is no hell...

mans fear of the unknown, and fear of divine punishment among many other things have led to these notions...

but, in the words of good old JD to his buddy Turk in scrubs... if there is a heaven

"J.D.: And when we die, where do meet in Heaven?
Turk: At the milkshake pool on the lesbian cloud!
J.D.: I'll see you 'dere, bro! I love religion."

EarlJam
06-25-2008, 05:39 PM
We don't have souls, animals don't have souls...

There is no heaven, there is no hell...

mans fear of the unknown, and fear of divine punishment among many other things have led to these notions...

but, in the words of good old JD to his buddy Turk in scrubs... if there is a heaven

"J.D.: And when we die, where do meet in Heaven?
Turk: At the milkshake pool on the lesbian cloud!
J.D.: I'll see you 'dere, bro! I love religion."

Who is Bubbles?

-EarlJam

-P.S. Kidding

Shammrog
06-25-2008, 05:47 PM
Who is Bubbles?

-EarlJam

-P.S. Kidding

I am laughing so hard, I just wet my chair!!! :D

Lavabe
06-25-2008, 06:07 PM