PDA

View Full Version : HBO Produces Duke-Carolina Documentary

Ben Cohen
06-23-2008, 12:37 PM
HBO has announced the production of an hour-long documentary about the Duke-Carolina rivalry (http://chroniclesports.wordpress.com/2008/06/23/hbo-produces-duke-carolina-documentary/), similar to the film it released in Nov. 2007 about the Michigan-Ohio state rivalry. The film will likely air next March to coincide with the NCAA Tournament.

Read more at The Chronicle's Sports Blog, www.dukechroniclesports.com.

DukeDude
06-23-2008, 01:23 PM
That is awesome. HBO does a really good job on these. Let's just hope that it is balanced.

Edouble
06-23-2008, 02:11 PM
That is awesome. HBO does a really good job on these. Let's just hope that it is balanced.

Yeah, I'd like to know what Carolina people are on board for this thing. Sometimes these media things reek of powder blue.

jimsumner
06-23-2008, 03:00 PM
They interviewed lots of Duke folks. Trust me.

OldPhiKap
06-23-2008, 04:00 PM
They interviewed lots of Duke folks. Trust me.

That's what I want to hear (and from whom I want to hear it).

Should be a perfect backdrop for that Duke-UNC FF game we have a-brewin' next year.

zingit
06-23-2008, 04:40 PM
Ooh, I'm excited. I'm surprised someone hadn't done something like this earlier. In fact, as I was reading Art Chansky's "Blue Blood" last year, I was struck by how some of it seemed perfect for a movie--a historical drama, not just a documentary. Don't you think a movie about, say, Art Heyman and Larry Brown and their history could be great (if done right)? But maybe I'm preaching to the choir here.

brevity
06-23-2008, 06:27 PM
Attention Triangle residents:

Last year's OSU-Michigan documentary got advanced screenings for the public in Ann Arbor and Columbus, about 5 days or so before the HBO broadcast. They may do that again, and it may or may not be sponsored through the university, local cable company, etc.

So keep a lookout for that, if you're interested.

arydolphin
06-23-2008, 07:29 PM
Attention Triangle residents:

Last year's OSU-Michigan documentary got advanced screenings for the public in Ann Arbor and Columbus, about 5 days or so before the HBO broadcast. They may do that again, and it may or may not be sponsored through the university, local cable company, etc.

So keep a lookout for that, if you're interested.

This is already the plan of the HBO staff on the project, according to this SI.com article: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/richard_deitsch/06/22/media.623/index.html

Greenburg said he'd like to have an advanced screening in Raleigh where HBO would split an auditorium in half between Blue Devil and Tar Heel supporters. "It'd be great to have each side chanting the fight song before we showed the film," he said, laughing.

PumpkinFunk
06-23-2008, 09:37 PM
This is already the plan of the HBO staff on the project, according to this SI.com article: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/richard_deitsch/06/22/media.623/index.html

Greenburg said he'd like to have an advanced screening in Raleigh where HBO would split an auditorium in half between Blue Devil and Tar Heel supporters. "It'd be great to have each side chanting the fight song before we showed the film," he said, laughing.

Hopefully they don't bring in all students if they try the fight song thing... most people can't sing them (Blue & White, definitely the ability to sing it all is few and far between)