PDA

View Full Version : Kung Fu Panda!

Shammrog
06-19-2008, 11:39 AM
Anyone see it?

I saw it last Friday with my six year-old. One of the best kid's movies I have seen! Not a comedy/cutesy movie as you might expect. Plenty of funny moments, but it was almost like a kiddie/animated action flick. The animation was incredible, creative, and hilarious - particularly the "escape" and the scene where Po (the panda) and the master fight over the dumplings. I couldn't stop laughing.

Also, had a number of good moral messages for the kids. And adults. A tad bit violent, but no worse than Bugs Bunny.

This is one of those rare kid's movies I would even see again in the theater.

hc5duke
06-19-2008, 12:06 PM
Anyone see it?

I saw it last Friday with my six year-old. One of the best kid's movies I have seen! Not a comedy/cutesy movie as you might expect. Plenty of funny moments, but it was almost like a kiddie/animated action flick. The animation was incredible, creative, and hilarious - particularly the "escape" and the scene where Po (the panda) and the master fight over the dumplings. I couldn't stop laughing.

Also, had a number of good moral messages for the kids. And adults. A tad bit violent, but no worse than Bugs Bunny.

This is one of those rare kid's movies I would even see again in the theater.

If it's got Jack Black in it, I'm staying away... I'm sure it's a decent flick (88% on Rotten Tomato), but no thanks.

Shammrog
06-19-2008, 12:08 PM
If it's got Jack Black in it, I'm staying away... I'm sure it's a decent flick (88% on Rotten Tomato), but no thanks.

Fortunately, just his voice. Not "Jack Black"-ish at all. Really.

Bostondevil
06-19-2008, 05:06 PM
Saw it with my brood, highly recommended, best kids movie I've seen in years. Of course, I'm taking the older three to see Ironman tomorrow.

elvis14
06-19-2008, 10:49 PM
Wow, my wife and I took our kids (4 and 6 years old) to see it last weekend. We both like Jack Black, heck even my 6 year old daughter knows who he is and likes him. Kung Fu Panda, however, didn't do it for us. We didn't think it was very good at all. My kids we luke warm on it as well and that's the real test. The second half of the movie my 6 year old was laying down somewhat bored. The training scene with the food was pretty good but it was by far the best part of the movie. We were very disappointed.

OldPhiKap
06-23-2008, 10:16 AM
"Prepare for awesomeness"

Kids liked it, pretty good flick. I agreee with whoever said it was not really "Jack Black-ish" although he did a good job.

Rich
06-23-2008, 04:11 PM
One word -- "Skidoosh".

I can always judge a kids flick based on whether I fall asleep. I gave this one a "two eyes open." The only other kids film I've seen in the theaters recently that got a "two eyes open" was Flushed Away. I hear that Wall-E is going to be very, very good too.