PDA

View Full Version : The Hulk

TillyGalore
06-19-2008, 09:38 AM
Has anyone seen this movie? If so, please post your review. Thanks!

JasonEvans
06-19-2008, 12:49 PM
Has anyone seen this movie? If so, please post your review. Thanks!

Yeah, I want to hear about this one too as I have not seen it yet.

wilko
06-19-2008, 01:38 PM
Im a comic book nerd and a Hulk fanatic.
Im missing about 30 issues from all of the Tales to Astonish and Self titled Hulk to having all of his appearances in those 2 titles. 42 yrs of sequential publishing and about 550 comics.

Enuff about me.

I thought the movie was fab. Deserves to be mentioned with Ironman and Spiderman 1. It has all you want in a hulk movie and I loved the intro. If you liked the old TV series it will feel like a flashback.

The unique thing in this is... here in this movie you can really see where Marvel is developing a Cinematic Universe. New characters and foreshadowing abounds. They really are building towards an Avengers event in 2011.

The next couple of movies on the slate are Thor - to be played in the flavor of "Lord of the Rings". Antman which I havent heard much about... and then a Captain America movie is to preceed an Avengers movie... much like Ironman was followed by Hulk. A planned release that builds on what came before.

To hear what comic guys are saying about this movie,
http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=10206

enjoy.

TillyGalore
06-23-2008, 09:38 AM
I saw Hulk this past weekend. I'm not a comic book nerd like Wilco, though I did watch The Incredible Hulk years (and years) ago so I sort of went into this movie not knowing or remembering a whole lot about the Hulk.

I liked the movie. Not as much as I liked Ironman (which I saw again after Hulk, my first double feature). In the opening credits you learn how the Hulk came to be, which I appreciated. The studios did a good job explaining how these characters came to be for those of us who don't follow comics, thereby drawing in (pun intended) a whole new audience. There were several references to the tv show which even I picked up on, and a couple that I missed but were pointed out to me later.

Ed Norton did a pretty good job, shouldn't compare him to Robert Downey, Jr, but can't help myself. RDJ did a much better job with his character. The love story in Hulk wasn't as subtle as in Ironman.

Not sure I'd see the Hulk again, except to pick up on nuances I missed the first time around. I would watch Ironman a third time. I loved the music in Ironman.

Am looking forward to the next installment.

Matches
06-23-2008, 10:53 AM
I liked it. It started off dull (not slow - just dull), but it picked up considerably as it went on. Much MUCH better than the Ang Lee version. There were some cool easter eggs and cameos, too, esp. Lou Ferrigno.

CameronBornAndBred
06-23-2008, 11:24 AM
I liked it. It started off dull (not slow - just dull), but it picked up considerably as it went on. Much MUCH better than the Ang Lee version. There were some cool easter eggs and cameos, too, esp. Lou Ferrigno.

The Marvel cameos have been fun, especially when Stan Lee shows up. I haven't seen the Hulk yet, but I do know that besides the cameo, Ferrigno voiced the green one.