PDA

View Full Version : I used to love it, but now I don't.

EarlJam
06-19-2008, 08:37 AM
For me it's coffee. Now I just like it from time to time.

What about y'all? Are there any products (mostly talking food and drink here) that you used to love, even recently, but for some strange reason just suddenly lost the appetite for?

In addition to coffee, another on my list is salsa. I used to love it but haven't eatin' it in months. Just not craving it.

Perhaps I, EarlJam, am pregnant.

-EarlJam

ugadevil
06-19-2008, 08:44 AM
I used to love Milkshakes. Now, anytime I have one, I end up throwing half of it away because I just don't really like it all that much.

I used to love Mountain Dew. Now, I find to be way too sweet and I feel gross after drinking one.

Also, the TV show 24. It got too ridiculous for me a couple seasons ago.

riverside6
06-19-2008, 08:59 AM
hmm...

1. the NBA
2. easy MAC (man I miss my mom's mac & cheese)
3. one tree hill (I liked the days that fought and played basketball, now it's just one giant soap opera)

EarlJam
06-19-2008, 09:01 AM
hmm...
2. easy MAC (man I miss my mom's mac & cheese)

Man, remember that "pizza in a box" product that Chef Boy-Ardee used to come out with? I think it's still out there. Used to have a ton of fun making them bastards.

I may make one this weekend just for the fun of it.

-EJ

Channing
06-19-2008, 09:08 AM
(1) Gefilte Fish. Now the thought of it makes me queezy
(2) Mayonaise. See Above
(3) Fish Sticks. Granted, I loved them when I was 4, but they don't really excite me anymore.
(4) Beauty and the Geek. The first two seasons were so much better than what we have now

TillyGalore
06-19-2008, 09:20 AM
I used to love shell fish: Lobster, crab, shrimp, etc. Now, they don't taste good and the smell sometimes makes me nauseous. :(

ugadevil
06-19-2008, 09:28 AM
Man, remember that "pizza in a box" product that Chef Boy-Ardee used to come out with? I think it's still out there. Used to have a ton of fun making them bastards.

I may make one this weekend just for the fun of it.

-EJ

Those are definitely still in stores. I love those things!

blublood
06-19-2008, 09:39 AM
I used to love beef stroganoff, but had to stop eating it while I was pregnant because something about the cream of chicken soup made me kinda sick. Now I don't eat it anymore, don't even crave it. Weird.

Other than that, I don't know - if I like a food, I'll pretty much like it forever. Now T.V. on the other hand, I can easily get burned out on. My husband and I used to watch the Office and I genuinely liked it until he made us watch it every single day for a month. Now I just don't care about Jim and Pam and the ol' gang anymore. How are they doing anyway?

OZZIE4DUKE
06-19-2008, 10:00 AM
I used to love shell fish: Lobster, crab, shrimp, etc. Now, they don't taste good and the smell sometimes makes me nauseous. :(

In Earljam's words
maybe you're pregnant?

TillyGalore
06-19-2008, 10:11 AM
No Ozzie no!!!

That would be a heckuva a pregnancy as my problems/challenges with shellfish started a year ago.

CathyCA
06-19-2008, 10:13 AM
When I saw the title of this thread, I immediately thought of Ex-Lax, my ex husband.

Then I opened the thread and realized that the topic is food.

blublood
06-19-2008, 10:21 AM
In Earljam's words
maybe you're pregnant?

That's what I thought too, from another thread, but Tilly continues to deny. :D

TillyGalore
06-19-2008, 10:25 AM
That's what I thought too, from another thread, but Tilly continues to deny. :D

I can't get pregnant. Doctor told me so a couple of months ago.

blublood
06-19-2008, 10:28 AM
When I saw the title of this thread, I immediately thought of Ex-Lax, my ex husband.

Then I opened the thread and realized that the topic is food.

Now there would be a thread-starter: what do you really, really hate about your ex husband/wife/girlfriend/boyfriend etc.?

Udaman
06-19-2008, 10:29 AM
Music

The Steve Miller Band (just doesn't work for me anymore)
Boston (every song sounds the same)

Food

McDonald's (too fattening)

TV

ER

rthomas
06-19-2008, 10:39 AM
Since the writer's strike the only thing I watch is House (new episodes only), Dailyshow/Colbert (new episodes only) and the Golf Channel.

ugadevil
06-19-2008, 10:43 AM
I used to love Quizno's. I don't know if their prices went up or what but it's just not worth it anymore.

EarlJam
06-19-2008, 10:44 AM
Since the writer's strike the only thing I watch is House (new episodes only), Dailyshow/Colbert (new episodes only) and the Golf Channel.

House. I love that episode where he has this weird theory about what is wrong with the patient and everyone thinks he's crazy. Then he's a total smart-pottymouth!pottymouth!pottymouth! to everyone and in the end, it turns out his whacked theory is right!

I love that episode.

-EJ

blublood
06-19-2008, 10:51 AM

Pay him/her no mind. I have at least 4 friends that I can think of who weren't supposed to be able to have children, including one with advanced endometriosis, who now have toddlers running around the house. There's also someone I used to work with who was using the infertility as a source of birth control. That didn't work out so well (the birth control aspect, not the having children aspect) as she got married in a maternity wedding dress four months later.

aimo
06-19-2008, 10:58 AM
I can eat dark chocolate by the pound, but milk is just too sweet for me. I have made my own pb cups with dark choclate and they are yummy. But, sigh, Reese's just doesn't do it for me like it used to.

2535Miles
06-19-2008, 01:35 PM
Milk. Blech. I'll cook with it but I just can't get into drinking a glass of the stuff.

OldPhiKap
06-19-2008, 01:44 PM
When I was a kid I loved strawberry milk. It was some nasty chemical/powder mix that makes me ill to even think of now.

Windsor
06-19-2008, 02:02 PM

Been there...heard that...just don't tell my daughter!

---

I once had a serious sweet tooth...now I really don't like cake/cookies/candy/etc. The only remaining sweet weakness is donuts.

Shammrog
06-19-2008, 02:04 PM
Now there would be a thread-starter: what do you really, really hate about your ex husband/wife/girlfriend/boyfriend etc.?

Which one???

HaveFunExpectToWin
06-19-2008, 03:25 PM
Used to be able to eat two burritos in one day, now I just don't really care for it.

hamster
06-19-2008, 03:39 PM
I had a really badly deviated septum corrected a little while ago. There are tons of things that I would eat all the time before that I cannot stand now because I can actually smell them now.

First that comes to mind is cheddar and broccolli soup. My goodness that stuff STINKS!

Fried foods also fall into this category - I can smell the grease on my clothes and in my hair afterwards. (And no, I'm not a messy eater. Or not that messy. The smell just gets everywhere and then you can't get rid of it.)

blublood
06-19-2008, 04:08 PM
Which one???

What the hey... whichever one has the most hateable qualities! :) For instance while I don't hate my husband (today), it drives me bananas when I'm playing with our little boy (pictured above), we're having some really good bonding time, and then he horns in and redirects the baby's attention to himself. I HATE that!! Yes, I'm thrilled to have a man who loves his son because plenty of women don't have this blessing, but that doesn't prevent me from wanting to strangle him each and every time he does it

OZZIE4DUKE
06-19-2008, 04:29 PM
When I was a kid I loved strawberry milk. It was some nasty chemical/powder mix that makes me ill to even think of now.

Nestle's Strawberry Quik?

OldPhiKap
06-19-2008, 04:36 PM
Nestle's Strawberry Quik?

Hayle yeah. I think there was an orange mix at some point, too, IIRC. THAT was nasty.

ugadevil
06-19-2008, 04:39 PM
Hayle yeah. I think there was an orange mix at some point, too, IIRC. THAT was nasty.

Nestle made an orange mix? Don't you start talkin' bad about Tang!

ForeverBlowingBubbles
06-19-2008, 04:52 PM
Bugles... I used to love them when I was little.

Now if I smell them - see the package - hear them crunch -I get really nauseous

also,

I used to love the sky, until I realized it was a similiar shade to carolina blue... now every time I go outside without sunglasses- see a picture of the sky - look into a swimming pool - I get really nauseous...

OZZIE4DUKE
06-19-2008, 04:57 PM
I used to love the sky, until I realized it was a similiar shade to carolina blue... now every time I go outside without sunglasses- see a picture of the sky - look into a swimming pool - I get really nauseous...

Just remember, the sky is carolina blue so the rest of us don't have to step in it!

Johnboy
06-19-2008, 05:20 PM
I rarely enjoy non-diet soft drinks, frozen alcoholic beverages and other really sweet drinks except sweet tea; Childrens' style food like just about anything form Chef Boy-ar-dee, pre-flavored instant oatmeal, go-gurt, and milk chocolate.

I can't think of any savory foods I used to like and now don't, but I used to like super-hot food and now I don't unless it's wasabi hot (short burst of extreme heat that dissipates quickly) rather than hot-pepper heat (lingering, can't taste anything else hot). I still like spicy food though, just not super hot.

I have in the past had an on-again, off-again affection for cilantro, and I don't like it if it's used too heavily.

I was a reasonably choosy eater when I was a kid, and am a serious omnivore now, so the list of stuff I like now that I used to hate is much longer. I like a lot of stuff most people hate, like cooked spinach and carrots, liver and Brussels sprouts.

Ben63
06-19-2008, 08:47 PM
1. Cotton Candy - Guess I just grew out of the novelty children have for it

2. Cocoa Puff- In 8th grade, I ate it every day for breakfast religiously, now I absolutley hate them.

ugadevil
06-19-2008, 09:07 PM
Cheerwine

2535Miles
06-19-2008, 10:35 PM
Cheerwine
They sell Cheerwine at some of the BevMo's out here in California. I grabbed a bottle for old times sake. I wish I hadn't; it ruined my fond memories.

EarlJam
06-19-2008, 11:41 PM
Cheerwine

Snap. GREAT CALL! I used to love Cheerwine but the last time I tried it, it tasted like cough medicine.

Yes. Cheerwine. I used to love it but now it sucks butthole.

-EJ

knights68
06-20-2008, 06:34 AM
Mine is Chocolate Milk.
Either Regular Milk with (Hershey's) Choc. Syrup mixed in or Nestle's Choc Milk (Used to me my all time fave!). I just can't stomach it much anymore.

And sadly, as of late, my taste for BBQ seems to be waning. Must be the effects of my turning 40 next week, of which all in all I am looking forward to!

ugadevil
06-20-2008, 08:28 AM
Snap. GREAT CALL! I used to love Cheerwine but the last time I tried it, it tasted like cough medicine.

Yes. Cheerwine. I used to love it but now it sucks butthole.

-EJ

Cough medicine really is the most accurate way of describing it. I used to think it was like a cherry Dr. Pepper or Mr. Pibb. Now, I just realize I was stupid and that it's nowhere near those two drinks.

throatybeard
06-20-2008, 08:48 PM
Cheerwine

I love Cheerwine in principle; I can't drink sugar like that though anymore. Fortunately, there's Diet Cheerwine, though I can't get it in StL.

to answer the question, used to love it, now I'm over it:

Krispy Kreme (see Cheerwine)
Cadbury creme eggs (ditto)

the Portland Trailblazers (ca. 1988-1992)
the game of basketball, frankly
ACC basketball culture overall, frankly
being into sports rivalries
the game of Golf since (a) Payne Stewart died and (b) Tiger's bandwagon kicked into high gear
figure skating, though I do still like Ice Dance

Dead Poets' Society, a manipulative piece of tripe, I realized, when older

Italian food
hamburgers
hard cider

most beaches
the South below 2000 ft AMSL
Atlanta, Georgia (it was all there was when I was a kid)
Six Flags over anything, amusement parks in general

Alicia Silverstone
Sarah McLachlan

certain repertory Italian operas and certain other flogged-to-death pieces of the Classical rep

considering myself Independent (PPB content)

video gaming

Car Talk (this isn't an active dislike, like me with some of these things, but I'm over those guys)
driving fast

the genre of comedy in general, with a few exceptions

undergraduate selectivity and SAT scores

Some of this is just changing taste, some is greater maturity, and some is pretty random.

terrih
06-20-2008, 09:12 PM
Peanutbutter and banana sandwhiches. I grew up on these as a kid, probably once a week or so for lunch. Tried one again about 10 years ago and almost got sick. Texture or something just doesn't work anymore for me. I don't mind the separately, but not all mixed together.

Yuck- freaks me out thinking about it.

OZZIE4DUKE
06-20-2008, 10:07 PM
I love Cheerwine in principle; I can't drink sugar like that though anymore. Fortunately, there's Diet Cheerwine, though I can't get it in StL.

to answer the question, used to love it, now I'm over it:

Krispy Kreme (see Cheerwine)
Cadbury creme eggs (ditto)

the Portland Trailblazers (ca. 1988-1992)
the game of basketball, frankly
ACC basketball culture overall, frankly
being into sports rivalries
the game of Golf since (a) Payne Stewart died and (b) Tiger's bandwagon kicked into high gear
figure skating, though I do still like Ice Dance

Dead Poets' Society, a manipulative piece of tripe, I realized, when older

Italian food
hamburgers
hard cider

most beaches
the South below 2000 ft AMSL
Atlanta, Georgia (it was all there was when I was a kid)
Six Flags over anything, amusement parks in general

Alicia Silverstone
Sarah McLachlan

certain repertory Italian operas and certain other flogged-to-death pieces of the Classical rep

considering myself Independent (PPB content)

video gaming

Car Talk (this isn't an active dislike, like me with some of these things, but I'm over those guys)
driving fast

the genre of comedy in general, with a few exceptions

undergraduate selectivity and SAT scores

Some of this is just changing taste, some is greater maturity, and some is pretty random.

Throaty, there isn't much left that you like, is there? :)

throatybeard
06-21-2008, 02:45 AM
Throaty, there isn't much left that you like, is there? :)

Tons. But what, are we gonna have a thread about stuff Throaty likes?

devildeac
06-21-2008, 10:44 AM
Tons. But what, are we gonna have a thread about stuff Throaty likes?

looks like we are:o:D