PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else notice.........

DBFAN
06-18-2008, 02:11 PM
Did anybody notice the ESPN ticker last night that said there were reports from the Dallas News, or the Mavericks camp, (or somebody like that) Jason Kidd will be on the USA team. I thought we were not suppose to know that until Monday. The bigger question I guess who will be the other two guards, there are a lot of great choices, I do not envy coach K, it will be a tough choice.

BD80
06-18-2008, 02:51 PM
Billups has withdrawn. His stock has been dropping anyway. Pistons are looking to move him to open a spot for Rodney Stuckey.

Kidd will be the starter, if just to start the games off right. We will be facing some big, tough, veteran guards and Kidd will not back down even a bit.

Paul and Williams are locks because we will take three PGs, even if Kobe or Wade can play there for stretches.

We will need some shooting, probably at the three. Some interesting times leading to China.

DBFAN
06-18-2008, 02:53 PM
Billups has withdrawn. His stock has been dropping anyway. Pistons are looking to move him to open a spot for Rodney Stuckey.

Kidd will be the starter, if just to start the games off right. We will be facing some big, tough, veteran guards and Kidd will not back down even a bit.

Paul and Williams are locks because we will take three PGs, even if Kobe or Wade can play there for stretches.

We will need some shooting, probably at the three. Some interesting times leading to China.

That clears up a lot of confusion, I had no idea that Billups had withdrawn, so many things happen when I don't pay attention.

roywhite
06-18-2008, 03:10 PM
It will be interesting to see how playing time at PG breaks down for the Olympic team. Kidd is an international veteran and a terrific leader, but he was outplayed by Chris Paul in the playoffs. On the other hand, Paul had some difficulty with the international game, especially defending against big, physical guards, when he was on the 2006 USA team.

Looking forward to watching this Olympic team; they could be something special. The other teams will certainly not roll over, but USA should be a solid favorite.