PDA

View Full Version : Shamm and Earl's BIG ADVENTURE!

Shammrog
06-18-2008, 01:28 PM
For my Father's Day present, my wife is sponsoring a weekend trip (this weekend) to Chattanooga, along with my bud Earljam. This is to be a boy's weekend. We are leaving Friday afternoon and returning Sunday.

We are two white males, mid (me) to late (him) 30s. I am married with child. Earljam is single, and as far as we know childless.

Suggestions from the Board for our weekend activities???

DukieInKansas
06-18-2008, 01:58 PM
For my Father's Day present, my wife is sponsoring a weekend trip (this weekend) to Chattanooga, along with my bud Earljam. This is to be a boy's weekend. We are leaving Friday afternoon and returning Sunday.

We are two white males, mid (me) to late (him) 30s. I am married with child. Earljam is single, and as far as we know childless.

:eek:Call ahead and warn Chattanooga? :D

Seriously, have a great time. I know nothing about Chattanooga but I'm sure you'll find lots of fun things to do.

jacone21
06-18-2008, 02:03 PM
See Rock City

BlueDevilJay
06-18-2008, 02:16 PM
If you hear "Dueling Banjo's" playing in your vicinity, run....run like the wind. No but seriously, you should visit the football stadium there, home of ASU's 3 peat of championships :) Thats the only place I've been int Chatt.

EarlJam
06-18-2008, 02:41 PM
Six beers, four dogs at the Lookout's game - $16.00
Six more beers, fresh trout & hushpuppies at Willie's - $36.00
Admission to Holy Moe's for 80's Hair Metal bands - $8.00
Six more beers and two shots of something - $30.00
Bailed out of the Chattanooga Jail for doing THAT! - $250

Memories of Sky, Amber and the leather pain thingy - Priceless.

-EJ

Lavabe
06-18-2008, 02:55 PM
Do I sense an upcoming DBR post frenzy?:eek:

Hilary Swank movie-thon?

Dollywood?

Fishing?

The two of you with your nightmares? Oy!

Cheers,
Lavabe

EarlJam
06-18-2008, 03:03 PM
I like things!

bhd28
06-18-2008, 03:12 PM
It is a bit of a drive (about an hour), but I strongly suggest going to Ocoee River for some white water rafting. It is where they did the kayaking and such for the ATL Olympics. There is a damn where they release water (pretty much daily) to ensure you get a pretty good white water experience. My brother and I went in April and had a blast. Here is who we used.

http://www.raft.com/

Not sure with just 2 people (we had a raft full who went), but they did a good job of tailoring the experience to our level (had gone before but weren't experts). The guide would do something and ask... more or less next time? So we had a bunch of fun. With only 2, you may be stuck with people with less of a taste for... adventure... river water in their faces, noses, and mouths... call it what you will. ;)

Regardless of what you do, have fun!

blublood
06-18-2008, 04:38 PM
It is a bit of a drive (about an hour), but I strongly suggest going to Ocoee River for some white water rafting. It is where they did the kayaking and such for the ATL Olympics. There is a damn where they release water (pretty much daily) to ensure you get a pretty good white water experience. My brother and I went in April and had a blast. Here is who we used.

http://www.raft.com/

Not sure with just 2 people (we had a raft full who went), but they did a good job of tailoring the experience to our level (had gone before but weren't experts). The guide would do something and ask... more or less next time? So we had a bunch of fun. With only 2, you may be stuck with people with less of a taste for... adventure... river water in their faces, noses, and mouths... call it what you will. ;)

Regardless of what you do, have fun!

Second that. We used the Nantahala Outdoor Company and they were great too. That whole area is beautiful and folks are really into adventure trips - skydiving, horseback riding, hiking, it's great.

Just don't lose your wedding ring in the Ocoee or your wife will be really mad, especially if she had told you repeatedly that it was too big and needed to be re-sized!! (not that this actually happened to us or anything...)

Shammrog
06-18-2008, 04:44 PM
Second that. We used the Nantahala Outdoor Company and they were great too. That whole area is beautiful and folks are really into adventure trips - skydiving, horseback riding, hiking, it's great.

Just don't lose your wedding ring in the Ocoee or your wife will be really mad, especially if she had told you repeatedly that it was too big and needed to be re-sized!! (not that this actually happened to us or anything...)

Already did that once (too.) At Whitewater; a water park in Marietta.

2535Miles
06-18-2008, 06:45 PM
I'm not too familiar with the area so I can't help there, but I'm pretty sure you need to get a limo for the weekend.

DevilAlumna
06-19-2008, 12:19 AM
Let me get this straight, Shamm, your wife's gift to you for Father's Day, is to ship you out of town? With EARLJAM?? Man, that's harsh.... then again, it's better than sending you by yourself, saying, "Earljam will keep me company." ;) :D

I understand that Chattanooga has a vertical train/tram thing -- I've always wanted to check it out, but never had enough motivation to head there from Nashville.

I get a weird sense that you and EJ are gonna come back from the trip, and fill the board up with weird inside jokes. Like, "you can't reheat french fries in the microwave," only more obscure. I'm looking forward to it. :D

ugadevil
06-19-2008, 12:40 AM
Already did that once (too.) At Whitewater; a water park in Marietta.

I went to Whitewater last week. I'm now on anti-biotics.

Shammrog
06-19-2008, 11:01 AM
I'm not too familiar with the area so I can't help there, but I'm pretty sure you need to get a limo for the weekend.

No; can't do that. We will be WAY too drunk to hire a limo.

Shammrog
06-19-2008, 11:01 AM
Let me get this straight, Shamm, your wife's gift to you for Father's Day, is to ship you out of town? With EARLJAM?? Man, that's harsh.... then again, it's better than sending you by yourself, saying, "Earljam will keep me company." ;) :D

I understand that Chattanooga has a vertical train/tram thing -- I've always wanted to check it out, but never had enough motivation to head there from Nashville.

I get a weird sense that you and EJ are gonna come back from the trip, and fill the board up with weird inside jokes. Like, "you can't reheat french fries in the microwave," only more obscure. I'm looking forward to it. :D

You should come on down... :D

ugadevil
06-19-2008, 11:43 AM
You should come on down... :D

Will Colonel MacKenzie be going with you? If so, I'm coming!

Shammrog
06-19-2008, 11:45 AM
Will Colonel MacKenzie be going with you? If so, I'm coming!

Who is Colonel MacKenzie?

(and are you a hot female, like DevilAlumna? If so, c'mon down!!!)

(or up, if you are in GA.)

blublood
06-19-2008, 11:56 AM
No; can't do that. We will be WAY too drunk to hire a limo.

Wait - you're going to be too drunk to pick up a phone to hire a limo and yet you're thinking of going white water rafting?? :D Which object comes next in this series...

ugadevil
06-19-2008, 01:08 PM
Who is Colonel MacKenzie?

(and are you a hot female, like DevilAlumna? If so, c'mon down!!!)

(or up, if you are in GA.)

I thought your avatar was Catherine Bell from the TV show, Jag?
Bell played the role of Colonel MacKenzie.

TillyGalore
06-23-2008, 04:15 PM
So guys, how was the weekend?

Shammrog
06-23-2008, 05:10 PM
I thought your avatar was Catherine Bell from the TV show, Jag?
Bell played the role of Colonel MacKenzie.

Oh - I think last I saw the show, she was a Major. And I didn't know her surname was MacKenzie... My bad.

Shammrog
06-23-2008, 05:11 PM
So guys, how was the weekend?

It was, shall we say, unique... I am not sure how much to share; perhaps EJ will join me in posting a suitable post-mortem narrative.

A LOT of fun, though!!!

EarlJam
06-23-2008, 05:24 PM
It was, shall we say, unique... I am not sure how much to share; perhaps EJ will join me in posting a suitable post-mortem narrative.

A LOT of fun, though!!!

A quick summary:

-Where's my wallet?
-Shot off the highway
-Class of '68?
-Saliva and elevators
-Pickle's Pub
-Bad deals
-June Bug, the wheelchair stalker
-The one-armed bandit (a.k.a., Lefty, no wait.....Righty)
-A baseball game? Can't really remember.
-Radar guns and baseballs
-Billards, more shots
-Steal the pizza, eat the pizza
-Shake the lamp post, break the lamp post (EarlJam don't do Orbs)
-Pleasent conversation with the outstanding members of Chattanooga Law Enforcement
-"We come from the North."
-Walk, walk, walk
-Sleep
-Semi-Pro
-Barking Dog
-Billards, Beers
-Darts, Beers
-"Don't make me take those sharp objects from you. 'bad word, bad word,' it's like talking to kids."
-Jam has sick reach, Shamm has mad hops
-Bad food
-Good sleep
-Aretha Frankenstein's fly by
-Sugar's Ribs fly by
-Cracker Barrel feast

And lastly...............

Home.

Whew.

-EJ

Shammrog
06-23-2008, 05:49 PM
A quick summary:

-Where's my wallet?
-Shot off the highway
-Class of '68?
-Saliva and elevators
-Pickle's Pub
-Bad deals
-Billards, more shots
-Pleasent conversation with the outstanding members of Chattanooga Law Enforcement
-Walk, walk, walk
-Sleep
-Semi-Pro
-Barking Dog
-Billards, Beers
-Darts, Beers
-"Don't make me take those sharp objects from you. 'bad word, bad word,' it's like talking to kids."
-Bad food
-Good sleep
-Sugar's Ribs fly by
-Cracker Barrel feast

Home.

Whew.

-EJ

That absolutely sums it up. Much better than I could have. We need to make T-shirts!

EarlJam
06-23-2008, 06:08 PM
That absolutely sums it up. Much better than I could have. We need to make T-shirts!

On the front: "ShammJam '08" Chattanooga

On the back: "Free Pizza! - But hide the darts and guard the street lights!"

-EJ

Shammrog
06-23-2008, 06:16 PM
On the front: "ShammJam '08" Chattanooga

On the back: "Free Pizza! - But hide the darts and guard the street lights!"

-EJ

Maybe we should make it a golf shirt.

(Thank God I was wearing a golf shirt.)

EarlJam
06-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Maybe we should make it a golf shirt.

(Thank God I was wearing a golf shirt.)

Good point.

My God. I'm just looking at the schedule. ShammJam '09.......Detroit.
Oh no.

-EarlJam

DevilAlumna
06-23-2008, 09:03 PM
It didn't really catch on, obviously, but Chattanooga actually had the marketing slogan, "What happens in Chattanooga stays in Chattanooga" waaaay before Vegas. (those copycatting b@stards out West....)

I think EJ's list is a little close to being too revealing. :D

TillyGalore
06-24-2008, 08:35 AM
A quick summary:

-Where's my wallet?
-Shot off the highway
-Class of '68?
-Saliva and elevators
-Pickle's Pub
-Bad deals
-Billards, more shots
-Walk, walk, walk
-Sleep
-Semi-Pro
-Barking Dog
-Billards, Beers
-Darts, Beers
-Bad food
-Good sleep
-Sugar's Ribs fly by
-Cracker Barrel feast

Home.

Whew.

-EJ

Whew! I need nap after reading that list. Sounds like ya'll had a good time. Make any lawyer friends?