PDA

View Full Version : Happy Father's Day!

CathyCA
06-15-2008, 10:16 AM
Happy Father's Day to all the dads in DBR land! Enjoy your special day.

CameronBornAndBred
06-15-2008, 10:38 AM
I'm spending mine barbecueing a 7 lb pork butt. The kids got me the 6th season of the Simpson's on DVD, we'll watch that, and see if Tiger can win the Open.

DukeUsul
06-15-2008, 10:57 AM
I'm currently enjoying my first, sitting here reading DBR, with my 7 week old sleeping on my chest. Today is a good day.

OZZIE4DUKE
06-15-2008, 12:02 PM
I'm spending mine barbecueing a 7 lb pork butt.

You really shouldn't talk about your kid like that! :rolleyes:

CameronBornAndBred
06-15-2008, 12:56 PM
You really shouldn't talk about your kid like that! :rolleyes:

HA!...actually this is my second dad's day. They are my stepkids, moved in with us last year..I became insta-dad to two teenagers. Been very rewarding so far, for both parties. If they're good today I'll let them do the hard part and pull the pork :D.

devildeac
06-15-2008, 05:47 PM
Good day so far. Took my dad out to lunch (he's 88!) and he paid:o. Now, my 2 "girls" (yea, right, girls-they are 25 and 19;)) are preparing dinner for me. I will report back on the menu later. I get to relax, watch some of the US Open, and then walk off my dinner later when my wife (she did a wonderful job with all 3 of our children:D) returns from her 4 day vacation.

Lavabe
06-15-2008, 10:21 PM
Good day so far. Took my dad out to lunch (he's 88!) and he paid:o. Now, my 2 "girls" (yea, right, girls-they are 25 and 19;)) are preparing dinner for me. I will report back on the menu later. I get to relax, watch some of the US Open, and then walk off my dinner later when my wife (she did a wonderful job with all 3 of our children:D) returns from her 4 day vacation.

What brew did they select?:D

devildeac
06-15-2008, 11:40 PM

Menu report:

Salad-mixed greens with tomatoes (non-salmonella variety:D), carrots, cukes, croutons, bacon bits, feta cheese and raspberry vinegarette (sp?) dressing.

Main course-honey nut chicken

veggie-barbecue succotash (corn, black beans, red pepper, onions and KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce)

dessert-make your own cookie/ice cream sandwiches

beverage-water (I am on call this weekend so no brews-insert sad face here)

What a wonderful pair of daughters we raised (and, of course, again, my wife gets most of the credit-insert wink here)!

I hope this post meets DA's approval as she "warned" me at #1990 that my next two posts had better be "worthy." (wink here so I don't put too many emoticons in one post).

devildeac
06-15-2008, 11:42 PM
What brew did they select?:D

See devildeac post #1992 (heh-heh) below. No brews as I am on call:(. Brews tomorrow:D:D.

Bluedawg
06-16-2008, 09:33 AM
Thanks

I spent the day watching NASCAR, and sleeping, both from my recliner.