PDA

View Full Version : What Rhymes with Rambis?

EarlJam
06-13-2008, 01:21 PM
As many of you know, I am a lyrical mo honkin' genius (self proclaimed, of course).

I'm trying to come up with some lyrics for a song that includes the name Kurt Rambis. Just as I was (WAS) with the infamous "unrhymable" word "orange," I'm stumped.

The closest I've gotten so far is:

-Chris Chambliss
-Hamless
-Jam this
-Cannibas
-'Nam Vets
-Pam's kiss
-Ram this
-Shamm bliss
-Tanless
-Wham's hits

That's it. I need help. Serious help - you know, for rhyming this lyric. Extra bonus points if you throw in something that rhymes with his first name too. Something close to:

Hurt Chambliss (Kurt Rambis)

Thanks in advance for your help.

-CurlHam

Shammrog
06-13-2008, 01:38 PM
As many of you know, I am a lyrical mo honkin' genius (self proclaimed, of course).

I'm trying to come up with some lyrics for a song that includes the name Kurt Rambis. Just as I was (WAS) with the infamous "unrhymable" word "orange," I'm stumped.

The closest I've gotten so far is:

-Chris Chambliss
-Hamless
-Jam this
-Cannibas
-'Nam Vets
-Pam's kiss
-Ram this
-Shamm bliss
-Tanless
-Wham's hits

That's it. I need help. Serious help - you know, for rhyming this lyric. Extra bonus points if you throw in something that rhymes with his first name too. Something close to:

-CurlHam

I think you are going to have to resort to some (mis)use of phonetic affectations. For example:

The once was a playa
His name was Kurt Rambis
You hand him da ball
And he say "I gonna slam dis!"

The Senator of Hoops
Roundball's Saxby Chambliss
He'd be eatin' up the court
Like a praying man-tis

BlueDevilBaby
06-13-2008, 01:44 PM
nambis pambis?

hc5duke
06-13-2008, 01:47 PM
I think you are going to have to resort to some (mis)use of phonetic affectations. For example:

The once was a playa
His name was Kurt Rambis
You hand him da ball

The Senator of Hoops
Like a praying man-tis

Ooh mantis, I think that's the winner. All I could think of was Rambus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAMBUS) (Inc.) :)

EarlJam
06-13-2008, 01:56 PM

The once was a playa
His name was Kurt Rambis
You hand him da ball

The Senator of Hoops
Like a praying man-tis

Wow! Good work wingman! I really like both the "slam dis" and "man-tis."

What if you took "slam dis" and just played on that a little further....

I'm a nimble multi-tasker;
Some say I'm amphibious.
My lady "J" just ask her;
I know just what to do with this.

I'm the masta playa;
And may name is Kurt Rambis;
Just hand me da ball;
You know "I gonna slam dis!"

Or back at my crib in the Hollywood hills;
So sloppy need a bib for my sexual thrills;
Come on over girl, cause you don't wanna miss dis;
Either way, you know, girl, "I'm gonna slam dis!"

-EJ, inspired by Shammrog

Lavabe
06-13-2008, 02:00 PM
Sounds like you need help from the Rhymenoceros or the Hiphopopotamus.:D

Rich
06-13-2008, 02:01 PM
Ay Carumbus!

rsvman
06-13-2008, 02:34 PM
Can't help you with Rambis, but everybody knows that "door hinge" (especially if you say it fast) is a pretty darn good rhyme for "orange."

You're welcome.

blublood
06-13-2008, 02:40 PM

-CurlHam

Hey, hey, no hurting Chamblisses! That's my last name and I will withdraw my support of your musical career if you advocate discriminatory cruelty against our kind. :D

Bostondevil
06-13-2008, 03:10 PM
Ham fist. I know. Doesn't really work. But doesn't that phrase make you think of Kurt Rambis anyway?

Poor guy, known forever as the white guy that got decked by McHale, then pushed into the Laker girls by Worthy. Could he buy a date after that, even though he was a Laker?

Bostondevil
06-13-2008, 03:12 PM
By the way, does anything rhyme with Lisa? I've never come up with anything.

Aside to DBR posters comtemplating parenthood, having a name that doesn't rhyme with anything is a plus. Lisa pizza just isn't insulting, it sounds stupid, even when you're only 8.

EarlJam
06-13-2008, 03:19 PM

Aside to DBR posters comtemplating parenthood, having a name that doesn't rhyme with anything is a plus. Lisa pizza just isn't insulting, it sounds stupid, even when you're only 8.

I saw her on the street;
Stockings and heels.
You could feel the heat;
From the thought of the thrills.

I asked for her name;
She said it was Lisa;
You can play me like a game;
If you whip out your VISA.

?????????????????

-EarlJam

hc5duke
06-13-2008, 03:22 PM
Can't help you with Rambis, but everybody knows that "door hinge" (especially if you say it fast) is a pretty darn good rhyme for "orange."

You're welcome.

Orange: \ˈär-inj, ˈär(-ə)nj; chiefly Northern & Midland ˈȯr-inj, ˈȯr(-ə)nj\
I tend to pronounce it the second way (almost one syllable), so not for me! The third one would rhyme with door hinge, which is still pretty good. Apparently this place (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorringe_Ridge) also rhymes with orange. Now rhyme 'purple' and 'month'.

Shammrog
06-13-2008, 03:22 PM

She was tall and thin...
Her name was Lisa
She had a little lean
Like the Tower of Pisa...

Oh, and Earljam - "heels" and "thrills?" NO WAY, man... :mad:

DukieInKansas
06-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Is Kurt Rambis from NJ? Paramus, perhaps?

Lisa - good thing you weren't from Italy - you would have been Lisa from Pisa.

ETA - Sorry Shammrog - didn't see your post until after I did mine.

EarlJam
06-13-2008, 03:27 PM
I tend to pronounce it the second way (almost one syllable), so not for me! The third one would rhyme with door hinge, which is still pretty good. Apparently this place (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorringe_Ridge) also rhymes with orange. Now rhyme 'purple' and 'month'.

I could rhyme "month" but I would get a serious infraction from.......the Mods.

-EJ

DukieInKansas
06-13-2008, 03:27 PM

And isn't silver another of the un-rhymable words?

EarlJam
06-13-2008, 03:33 PM
Honest to god. Someone down the "cubeway?" just uttered the following statement:

"If you can smell it, you know it must be true."

Now I have no IDEA what they are talking about down there, but that phrase definitely caught my ear.

Addendum: While typing this, one of the girls just said, "I know it must be scary."

-EarlJam

Bostondevil
06-13-2008, 03:41 PM
She was tall and thin...
Her name was Lisa
She had a little lean
Like the Tower of Pisa...

Oh, and Earljam - "heels" and "thrills?" NO WAY, man... :mad:

Oh Shammrog, "Lisa" and "Pisa"? NO WAY, man (same with Visa, EJ), unless we're talking about Leeza Gibbons.

hc5duke
06-13-2008, 03:50 PM
Oh Shammrog, "Lisa" and "Pisa"? NO WAY, man (same with Visa, EJ), unless we're talking about Leeza Gibbons.

Pisa would rhyme with Lisa in Italian.

2535Miles
06-13-2008, 03:55 PM
Honest to god. Someone down the "cubeway?" just uttered the following statement:

"If you can smell it, you know it must be true."

Now I have no IDEA what they are talking about down there, but that phrase definitely caught my ear.

Addendum: While typing this, one of the girls just said, "I know it must be scary."

-EarlJam
My buddy has a clip of QVC where they were selling Amazing Amanda Dolls (long story). One of the callers says: "Well they wouldn't have been watching they would've been sleeving." To this day, we cannot figure out how to sleeve.

EarlJam
06-13-2008, 03:57 PM

Well you don't have to be all nit-picky about it! :D

Hey, I thought VISA, like the credit card, WAS pronounced with the "S."

No?

hc5duke
06-13-2008, 03:58 PM
I could rhyme "month" but I would get a serious infraction from.......the Mods.

-EJ

Are we talking about See you next Tuesday? I don't think that would be a full rhyme. I've seen people rhyming it with "nth" as in "x^n" (x to the nth power), but that's about it.

hc5duke
06-13-2008, 04:04 PM

No?

I had been pronouncing it vye-zuh, but it's these new dentures

2535Miles
06-13-2008, 04:09 PM
"Orange rhymes with sporange."

"…I can rhyme purple with curple, hirple and turple. You want rare rhymes? Add my personal favorite the verb to besperple!"

"Silver rhymes with dicky dilver and chilver."

"Month rhymes with hunth, an official, in-the-dictionary abbreviation, spoken and written, for a hundred thousand. Let us use it in an exemplary sentence: A hunth of morons braying that something is true, when I know it is not, shall never keep me silent."

http://www.billcasselman.com/wording_room/no_rhyme_for_orange.htm

Bostondevil
06-13-2008, 04:20 PM

No?

OK, I concede, but Lisa Visa still does not make even a merely adequate playground taunt, unlike say all the possibilities of Kelly.

I'm just trying to get more parents to name their girl babies Lisa. The world needs more Lisa's, especially ones that aren't I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.es like the one on Top Chef or the cheerleader from It Must Be Love, Cause I Feel So Dumb.

EarlJam
06-13-2008, 04:37 PM
Are we talking about See you next Tuesday? I don't think that would be a full rhyme. I've seen people rhyming it with "nth" as in "x^n" (x to the nth power), but that's about it.

It would if you just came back from the dentist. ;)

-EJ

EarlJam
06-13-2008, 04:39 PM
The world needs more Lisa's, especially ones that aren't I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.es like the one on Top Chef or the cheerleader from It Must Be Love, Cause I Feel So Dumb.

This made me laugh my white arse off! Awesome. Perhaps my new sig if...............The Mods [lightning, thunder] will allow it!

-EarlJam

Bostondevil
06-13-2008, 06:03 PM
Hey, you're right, the mods let me get by with the B-word.

CathyCA
06-13-2008, 06:47 PM
I would like to thank you guys for the Lisa VISA discussion because now the talking you-know-whats-----> :):):) have been replaced with an ad for VISA above.

wilko
06-13-2008, 06:50 PM
D@MN this... cannabis
lemon twist, make a fist...

Lavabe
06-13-2008, 07:42 PM
I would like to thank you guys for the Lisa VISA discussion because now the talking you-know-whats-----> :):):) have been replaced with an ad for VISA above.

Hellloooooooo VISA!:D
Sorry, Cathy, but as I type this, Mr. Hello is staring me in the face, blabbing away.

Helloooooooo moderators ... is there something we can do about that ad?

EarlJam
06-13-2008, 08:25 PM
D@MN this... cannabis
lemon twist, make a fist...

Get wit this;
Full of bliss;
Lick my kiss;
As I smoke cannabis.

Shapely girl;
Whirly wirl;
Necklace o' pearl;
Legs that twirl.