PDA

View Full Version : US Open Leader - Streelman

sagegrouse
06-12-2008, 05:01 PM
Duke golfer Kevin Streelman is tied for the lead at the US Open at this very moment -- and maybe for only this moment-- at -3. Kevin is 29 years old and is in his first year on the main tour. Earlier this year, he did well enough in one tournament (Buick on this same course?) to be in the final group on the weekend with Tiger Woods.

sagegrouse

sagegrouse
06-12-2008, 05:22 PM
Following a bogey, Kevin just made another birdie to regain a share of the lead (-3) after eight holes.

Also, Duke stalwart Joe Ogilvie finished at even par and is in contention. Tiger is at +1.

sagegrouse
'What does everybody else do on Thursday PM of US Open week? Read college bball scouting reports?'

sagegrouse
06-12-2008, 06:39 PM
Just birdied no. 11.

sagegrouse

sagegrouse
06-12-2008, 08:57 PM
Kevin finishes his round at -3, tied for the lead with Justin Hichs, another relative unknown.

He tees off early tomorrow, but he will have a share of the lead for more than 12 hours.

Way to go, Kevin!

sagegrouse

stals
06-12-2008, 10:47 PM
Following a bogey, Kevin just made another birdie to regain a share of the lead (-3) after eight holes.

Also, Duke stalwart Joe Ogilvie finished at even par and is in contention. Tiger is at +1.

sagegrouse
'What does everybody else do on Thursday PM of US Open week? Read college bball scouting reports?'

But he's an amateur!

dukemomLA
06-13-2008, 03:07 AM
Don't think Kevin S. has a chance -- this time around. But being in the lead after Day One will serve him in the future. As a Tiger lover, can't wait to see what he does on Day 2,3,4. And am THRILLED that The Big Easy is right up there!!! (...hate to say it, but I'm looking forward to Phil M. crashing and burning).

Can't wait to see how Oglivie fares on Friday -- and espeically Saturday if he makes the cut as expected. I'll be there in his gallery dressed in all of my obnoxious Duke flora and fauna.

Love the U.S. Open. BUT CAN'T WAIT FOR 8/8/08. Ahh...the Olympics!

OZZIE4DUKE
06-13-2008, 06:49 AM
Here's a link to the scoreboard for the Open. Good luck Kevin! He tees off at 7:11 a.m. PDT.

http://www.majorschampionships.com/usopen/2008/scoring/

chrishoke
06-13-2008, 07:38 AM
Go Kevin! Thanks for the updates.

BlueDevilJay
06-13-2008, 07:51 AM
Hey, that guy is one R in his last name away from being my relative! Go Streelman!!! You da man!

gw67
06-13-2008, 08:06 AM
Streelman played very well yesterday afternoon. I hope that he has the game and moxie to hang in there.

Ever since I went to the 2000 Presidents Cup, I’ve been a big fan of Phil, Furyk, Elkington, Norman, Appleby, Allenby, Cink and Weir. All of those golfers were very approachable and signed autographs for kids/fans for several minutes after their rounds. I like the Aussies’ (Appleby and Allenby) chances. They have been top players for many years and both are playing well.

gw67

sagegrouse
06-13-2008, 08:45 AM
Good luck Kevin! He tees off at 7:11 a.m. PDT.

So, how many hours of sleep do you think Kevin has gotten? Essentially, he needed to get up well before 5AM for a 7:11 tee time.

Also, props to Kevin for wearing royal blue pants yesterday.

sagegrouse

DevilAlumna
06-13-2008, 12:05 PM
Checking the leaderboard this morning, looks like he could have used a little more sleep. +5 through the first 6 holes already. :(

Here's hoping he pulls it together to stay for the weekend.

gw67
06-13-2008, 12:32 PM
I just checked the leaderboard and none of the players out early are going low so far. Assuming that afternoon play is tougher (wind, harder/faster greens), the leader may be around 3-4 under and the cut line at 6-7 over after today's play. The foreign players appear to be playing well and Streelman just got a birdie to go to even for the tourney. He has come back from a couple of bad holes so he may be able to wind up in the mix when they begin play on the weekend.

gw67

gw67
06-13-2008, 02:05 PM
I checked the leaderboard again and there are only eight golfers under par and seven of them tee it up in the afternoon. If Tiger and Phil can keep it around par, it appears that they will be in the hunt come this weekend. Streelman is hanging in there at even par for the tournament.

gw67

sagegrouse
06-13-2008, 03:38 PM
Kevin ran into some more trouble on the back nine and finished at +6: one triple bogey, two double bogeys, and three bogeys partially offset by four birdies.

Scores are very high. He is tied for 10th among those who played the morning round. The afternoon should be even tougher because of the high winds and bumpy greens.

sagegrouse

Lavabe
06-13-2008, 09:11 PM
With one more hole to complete Friday, just one stroke off the leader is...

TIGER WOODS

Holes 1-5 are just sick!! :eek:

I wonder who'll be paired with Kevin. There are some big names there at +3.

Cheers,
Lavabe