PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Fowler suspended for Steroids

TheDuke11
06-09-2008, 04:48 PM
not sure if I agree with how this is going down, but he has never tested positive and all the leauge knows is that his name was on a list of clients that purchased illegal substances. Either way, they suspended him.

check out espn.com

Uncle Drew
06-09-2008, 05:36 PM
Here is the link to TheDuke's thread if anyone wants to see it. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3434088 I agree that he doesn't deserve to be suspended if he has never failed a drug test. As near as I can tell a steroid dealer had contact information about Ryan and they are assuming he is guilty. I would not be shocked to see the suspension lifted due to the fact it is presuming innocence before guilt. But then the NFL isn't society and commissioners have a lot of say in THEIR leagues.

I've always felt work drug testing is unfair and can be used to the employers benefit. Dateline had a special a few years back saying many diseases / conditions can be found out about via a drug test. Sure they say they are testing for banned substances, but if they found out you had cancer what is stopping them from firing you so it doesn't go on their insurance. And before anyone says ethics, I've worked long enough to know companies are out to please stock holders not employees. Do I want to be working side by side with someone on crystal meth? No not at all, but "hard core" drugs and users are a lot easier to spot and chances are you wouldn't need a drug test to figure it out.

dukie8
06-09-2008, 05:53 PM
not sure if I agree with how this is going down, but he has never tested positive and all the leauge knows is that his name was on a list of clients that purchased illegal substances. Either way, they suspended him.

check out espn.com

not having failed a drug test doesn't really mean all that much. marion jones passed over 100 of them and was dirty for most of them. bonds hasn't failed one either. glad to see the nfl cracking down on the drug cheats. hopefully baseball will follow suit.