PDA

View Full Version : Roy is a helpin' of fire sauce

CameronBornAndBred
06-07-2008, 06:55 PM
I was reading the latest N&O observations on Ty Lawson's situation, and ran across this quote..

"Williams can come across as the folksiest, most easy-going guy this side of Happy Gilmore. But beneath that Coca-Cola and barbecue veneer for which Williams is so well known lies a heaping helping of fire sauce."

That's just about the funniest thing I've read all day, and I thought I'd share it.

src = http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/story/1099589.html

moonpie23
06-08-2008, 09:10 AM
yeah, he sure showed kansas that fire.......georgetown too.!!!!

OldPhiKap
06-08-2008, 11:23 AM
In honor of this thread, I just ate a Moon Pie with tobasco sauce. Not very pleasant.

devildeac
06-08-2008, 02:03 PM
In honor of this thread, I just ate a Moon Pie with tobasco sauce. Not very pleasant.

You should have washed it down with a choke-a-cola:D

Edouble
06-08-2008, 02:05 PM
"Williams can come across as the folksiest, most easy-going guy this side of Happy Gilmore."

Whoever wrote that article clearly has not seen the movie Happy Gilmore if that's what they think that the character is like. Most easy-going people don't get into a fist fight with Bob Barker and yell at golf balls before they putt. Happy was a tempermental hockey-playing maniac who was forced onto the links for financial reasons.

OldPhiKap
06-08-2008, 07:08 PM
You should have washed it down with a choke-a-cola:D

I realize that many in the South refer to all cola's as "coke." But if it ain't an RC Cola with a Moon Pie, you're just tempting fate.

devildeac
06-08-2008, 07:23 PM
I realize that many in the South refer to all cola's as "coke." But if it ain't an RC Cola with a Moon Pie, you're just tempting fate.

I was actually making a reference to a Coca Cola (brand name) commercial that ol' roy did a few years ago that someone "re-packaged" after they (unc) lost to Georgetown last year and "re-named" the product "choke-a-cola;)" Any one have a link/you tube saved with that gem?