PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Lee Curtis and her Yogurt

EarlJam
06-07-2008, 01:58 PM
FYI - Jamie Lee Curtis just totally sold me on Activia yogurt. In 30 seconds, she so accurately nailed the fact that "with so many brands, making the right yogurt decision can be difficult." Wow. Tell me about it!

Anyway, apparantly doctors really like this Activia stuff and what really got me were these yellow animated graphics that travelled down the esophogus and into the stomach. They broke apart and went throughout the body, bringing some kind of healing process or something. Or at least that's what JLC said.

Anyway, thought you all should know about this powerful yogurt - Activia. I hope I've helped make your yogurt purchasing decisions a bit easier.

-EJ

Ignatius07
06-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Did you know the word "yogurt" (yoğurt) comes from Turkish?

devildeac
06-07-2008, 02:11 PM
FYI - Jamie Lee Curtis just totally sold me on Activia yogurt. In 30 seconds, she so accurately nailed the fact that "with so many brands, making the right yogurt decision can be difficult." Wow. Tell me about it!

Anyway, apparantly doctors really like this Activia stuff and what really got me were these yellow animated graphics that travelled down the esophogus and into the stomach. They broke apart and went throughout the body, bringing some kind of healing process or something. Or at least that's what JLC said.

Anyway, thought you all should know about this powerful yogurt - Activia. I hope I've helped make your yogurt purchasing decisions a bit easier.

-EJ

Does this belong on the "Cougar" thread, too;). Does she qualify?

MrBisonDevil
06-07-2008, 02:55 PM
My wife made me purchase four 4-packs of Activia this morning. She claims it helps curb my... ummm... biological noises. If it makes her happy, then I'm game. I stayed away from the prune flavored Activia. It seemed like overkill...

hurleyfor3
06-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Does this belong on the "Cougar" thread, too;). Does she qualify?

She's in the Cougar NIT.

BTW, if you think choosing a yogurt is complicated, you haven't been in the orange juice aisle in awhile.

OZZIE4DUKE
06-07-2008, 11:39 PM
I like the stuff. I buy it at Sam's Club or Costco in a 24 pack for about $10 - much cheaper than buying it elsewhere. You get equal quantities of strawberry, peach and vanilla, all quite tasty!

Don't know if it actually does anything for my digestive tract or not. In fact, I seem to go better on days I skip it.

I've always been fond of Jamie Lee Curtis. She is definitely a cougar I'd have on my list.

Lavabe
06-07-2008, 11:48 PM
Did you know the word "yogurt" (yoğurt) comes from Turkish?

Did you know that Turkey lost in Euro 2008 soccer today?;)

billybreen
06-08-2008, 12:05 AM
Without dragging this discussion into the toilet, isn't this just the pooping yogurt? In which case, the world needs EJ not to buy any.

devildeac
06-08-2008, 12:06 AM
I like the stuff. I buy it at Sam's Club or Costco in a 24 pack for about $10 - much cheaper than buying it elsewhere. You get equal quantities of strawberry, peach and vanilla, all quite tasty!

Don't know if it actually does anything for my digestive tract or not. In fact, I seem to go better on days I skip it.

I've always been fond of Jamie Lee Curtis. She is definitely a cougar I'd have on my list.

True Lies, 'nuf said:o

devildeac
06-08-2008, 12:09 AM

But, would she have you on HER list:D?

EarlJam
06-08-2008, 12:55 AM
Without dragging this discussion into the toilet, isn't this just the pooping yogurt? In which case, the world needs EJ not to buy any.

Dude, you really need to get to know me better. In a recent Univeristy study, 87.6 percent of my poop was found to smell of sweet, soothing, Lavender.

-EarlJam

billybreen
06-08-2008, 01:04 AM
Dude, you really need to get to know me better. In a recent Univeristy study, 87.6 percent of my poop was found to smell of sweet, soothing, Lavender.

-EarlJam

Worst. Post. Ever.

EarlJam
06-08-2008, 01:29 AM
Worst. Post. Ever.

Worst claim to worst post. Ever.

-EJ

YmoBeThere
06-08-2008, 05:51 AM
Given that all the Activia ads I have seen featured women, I was thinking that it addressed digestive track issues more commonly experienced by women.

Rich
06-08-2008, 07:14 AM

I recently made the switch to FiberOne cereal along with a lot of dried apricots, raisins and almonds and my, ummm, "production" has been very regular and excellent. More than anyone really wanted to know, I'm sure. :eek:

Lavabe
06-08-2008, 07:47 AM

I recently made the switch to FiberOne cereal along with a lot of dried apricots, raisins and almonds and my, ummm, "production" has been very regular and excellent. More than anyone really wanted to know, I'm sure. :eek:

Have it with a little of that yogurt, and what you are eating was discussed on an SNL sketch entitled "Colon Blow.":D

TillyGalore
06-08-2008, 08:53 AM
Why, after reading this thread, do I feel an intense need to visit another room in the house? Gotta go.

camion
06-08-2008, 09:24 AM
Given that all the Activia ads I have seen featured women, I was thinking that it addressed digestive track issues more commonly experienced by women.

Or it could be that some digestive tract conditions that women consider to be "problems" are looked upon as recreational activities by men. There are several categories including longest, loudest, silent-but-deadly and lighting.

YmoBeThere
06-08-2008, 09:56 AM
Or it could be that some digestive tract conditions that women consider to be "problems" are looked upon as recreational activities by men. There are several categories including longest, loudest, silent-but-deadly and lighting.

Haha, so its being marketed to those with less discriminating tastes...

devildeac
06-08-2008, 02:06 PM

-EarlJam

Where are those 10 or 12 mods who are reportedly assigned to EarlJam when you need them:o:o?

EarlJam
06-08-2008, 02:41 PM

Awesome.

Years of posting and reading, and this is the first time I think anyone's ever referenced the mighty SBD!

-EarlJam

wilko
06-08-2008, 02:54 PM

-EarlJam

My 5yo son got sent to time out..
Instead of saying "excuse me" when he broke wind... I taught him to say... "Smells like flowers and sunshine..."

The teachers have NO sense of humor...
Wether you are 5mo old or 500.... farts are funny. Expc if you are male.

EarlJam
06-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Instead of saying "excuse me" when he broke wind... I taught him to say... "Smells like flowers and sunshine..."

Ha Ha! That's awesome!

I just can't believe the teacher sent him to time out. Ridiculous. Even if I were forced to send him to time out, I'd do so laughing my arse off!

-EarlJam

P.S. - It is 158 degrees in Atlanta today.

throatybeard
06-08-2008, 09:59 PM
P.S. - It is 158 degrees in Atlanta today.

It is massively awful all over the easten 3/5 of thecountry (93 degrees here in StL when we went to brunch at 10.30am, WTH, the average high is 83), but you guys are close to where it's worst. The SE coastal plain and nearby places (that band from Macon to Richmond) had heat indices over 105.

Bluedog
06-08-2008, 10:09 PM
A woman is suing Dannon and its Actavia yogurt brand for "engaging in a 'massive and comprehensive' false advertising campaign" ....

Her evidence: "the only effect that it had on me was that it tasted poorly," she said.

She wants it to be a class-action lawsuit, which could fetch as much as $300 million.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/01/24/state/n053149S33.DTL&type=health

Seems like a frivolous lawsuit if you ask me....

billybreen
06-08-2008, 10:18 PM
It is massively awful all over the easten 3/5 of thecountry (93 degrees here in StL when we went to brunch at 10.30am, WTH, the average high is 83), but you guys are close to where it's worst. The SE coastal plain and nearby places (that band from Macon to Richmond) had heat indices over 105.

93 in Boston, where almost no one is fortunate enough to have central air. One of our window units gave up the ghost today, so we've been hunkering in the few areas of the house that are livable. It's a reasonable approximation of hell.

EarlJam
06-08-2008, 10:39 PM
93 in Boston, where almost no one is fortunate enough to have central air. One of our window units gave up the ghost today, so we've been hunkering in the few areas of the house that are livable. It's a reasonable approximation of hell.

And tonight, the Celtics (so far) are just as hot (to the delight of EarlJam, a life-long Celtics puller-forer).

I write "puller-forer" vs. fan because it is just that. I was a huge fan in the 80s but now the NBA just doesn't get my juices flowing like it used to.

This series is SO huge for the NBA though. If there are others like me, then this series is bringing many, many fans back to the game.

Also, Gasol looks like a drunk who's been dragged down ten miles of bad road. Dude, get a haircut, a shave...........and for God's sake, moisterize!

-EarlJam

billybreen
06-08-2008, 10:43 PM
Dude, get a haircut, a shave...........and for God's sake, moisterize!

So, what you're saying is that he needs some manscaping? You're so metro!

EarlJam
06-08-2008, 10:59 PM
So, what you're saying is that he needs some manscaping? You're so metro!

And I'm wearing my FOOTIES!

hurleyfor3
06-09-2008, 10:16 AM
And tonight, the Celtics (so far) are just as hot (to the delight of EarlJam, a life-long Celtics puller-forer).

I write "puller-forer" vs. fan because it is just that. I was a huge fan in the 80s but now the NBA just doesn't get my juices flowing like it used to.

This series is SO huge for the NBA though. If there are others like me, then this series is bringing many, many fans back to the game.

Also, Gasol looks like a drunk who's been dragged down ten miles of bad road. Dude, get a haircut, a shave...........and for God's sake, moisterize!

-EarlJam

You can't be both a Kurt Rambis fan and a Celtics fan, dear.

Indoor66
06-09-2008, 10:35 AM

Pray tell, why not?

EarlJam
06-09-2008, 11:04 AM

The hell I cannot.

-EarlJam

aimo
06-09-2008, 02:41 PM
A woman is suing Dannon and its Actavia yogurt brand for "engaging in a 'massive and comprehensive' false advertising campaign" ....

Her evidence: "the only effect that it had on me was that it tasted poorly," she said.

She wants it to be a class-action lawsuit, which could fetch as much as $300 million.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/01/24/state/n053149S33.DTL&type=health

Seems like a frivolous lawsuit if you ask me....

but it was my understanding that part of the hoo-ha within this lawsuit was that there was NO clinical evidence, though Dannon is claiming there is, that this stuff works as it says it does.

Hope no one gets immediately constipated from reading this post.

rsvman
06-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Her evidence: "the only effect that it had on me was that it tasted poorly," she said.....

Of course it tasted "poorly," it doesn't have any taste buds.

She's never going to win a lawsuit if she can't even get her grammar squared away.:)

DukePA
06-09-2008, 04:16 PM
but it was my understanding that part of the hoo-ha within this lawsuit was that there was NO clinical evidence, though Dannon is claiming there is, that this stuff works as it says it does.

Hope no one gets immediately constipated from reading this post.

You are exactly right. IIRC, there are no clinical trials with which Dannon can back up their claim.

EarlJam
06-09-2008, 04:21 PM
Of course it tasted "poorly," it doesn't have any taste buds. She's never going to win a lawsuit if she can't even get her grammar squared away.:)

No. She got it right. She's is a "food whisperer." She's the one that taught "Parkay" how to speak / communicate in the old commercials. Remember those?

Anyway, on page 14, paragraph seven of her complaint, she writes:

"I was making progress with the yogurt and was getting in touch with its feelings, when I decided it was time for the next step. I ate a spoonful of the yogurt and communicated with it for the fourth time that day. 'My oh my,' I said. 'You are delicious!' I then proceeded to ask the food product its first question. To be honest, I really wasn't expecting a response on the first attempt. To my surprise, and chagrin, not only did I get a response, I got quite the shock of an answer. 'Do you find ME tasty,' I asked the yogurt. The yogurt did not hesitate. 'I find you repulsive,' it retorted. Well, the nerve! Having communicated with many food products in my career - and having been complemented on my flavor by all of them except for the pork rinds, and don’t even get me started on the pork rinds, I knew the yogurt was either mentally unstable, deranged, or had just tasted poorly. I deduced that it was a case of the latter and hence had no recourse but to report it to the FDA and take the appropriate ethical steps to remove it from the market. This is the first time in my storied 27-year career I have taken such action, and I do not do so lightly….”

It's all right there in the report. Oh man.

Whew.

I'm completely out of pencils.

-EarlJam

EarlJam
06-09-2008, 04:23 PM
You are exactly right. IIRC, there are no clinical trials with which Dannon can back up their claim.

Is this a set-up? Tell me you used the term "back up" on purpose.

-EJ

DukePA
06-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Is this a set-up? Tell me you used the term "back up" on purpose.

-EJ

Moi??? Would I ever do such a thing? I'm sort of innocent, NOT!!

Turk
06-09-2008, 05:48 PM

...and occasionally if you are female. My middle school daughter taught my 3rd grade boys a new game, which is sort of a variation of "jinx" or "punch buggy":

If you detect someone breaking wind, you get to call "Doorknob!!" and you are then free to dope-slap them at will until they physically touch a doorknob, at which point peace must be restored. To prevent this, the offender can let one rip, and then immediately call "Safety!!", which prevents any such "Doorknob" attacks.

I don't recall this game back in the day when I walked 5 miles in the snow uphill both ways to school... When did this game come onto the scene?

billybreen
06-09-2008, 05:52 PM
I don't recall this game back in the day when I walked 5 miles in the snow uphill both ways to school... When did this game come onto the scene?

When I was a kid (15-20 years ago), the safety word was 'No slugs.' And, instead of touching a doorknob, you had to name 5 brands of beer and then whistle. Try whistling with someone dead-arming you. It's hard.

captmojo
06-09-2008, 06:13 PM
As a child, I was many times forced to whistle whilst having one of my nipples twisted. This has formed a twisted sense within. Very painful, even to write about.

Oh...as for Jamie Lee, she can keep her curds and whey, and beware of spiders in addition to nipple twisters.