PDA

View Full Version : "High End" Toilets coming to WW

rthomas
06-05-2008, 09:38 AM
http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/564/story/475324.html

This should increase female attendance at the football games!

Men on the other hand still have to use the 1929 version.

Bluedawg
06-05-2008, 12:35 PM
Sounds like the women will be living in luxury come football season. They may not know what to do with themselves.

A plan to renovate the aged bathrooms in Duke's Wallace Wade Stadium is on hold for another year, so the university is bringing in high-end portable toilets for women to use during football games.
The trailers, which the university customarily rents for events related to alumni weekends, are air-conditioned and even feature an attendant, said Chris Kennedy, Duke's senior associate athletic director.

"They're a lot nicer than what we have now," Kennedy said. "It's the high end, the gold standard."
http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/duke/story/1096955.html

I’m happy to see them trying to work around the Durham issue and make things better.

Devil in the Blue Dress
06-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Sounds like the women will be living in luxury come football season. They may not know what to do with themselves.

I’m happy to see them trying to work around the Durham issue and make things better.
This decision regarding women's restrooms seems to have come out on nowhere. Is the solution to the problem to follow the Pentagon's example on spending for restroom equipment?

When Spring Scrimmage took place, the leaves and trash which accumulated since the end of last season were still piled up near the areas in front of the restrooms. I would be happy just to see the grounds cleaned up!

OZZIE4DUKE
06-05-2008, 01:49 PM
This decision regarding women's restrooms seems to have come out on nowhere. Is the solution to the problem to follow the Pentagon's example on spending for restroom equipment?

When Spring Scrimmage took place, the leaves and trash which accumulated since the end of last season were still piled up near the areas in front of the restrooms. I would be happy just to see the grounds cleaned up!

These are the same type of "facility" they provide at the "Big Even" party reunion tent. As far as temporary facilities go, they are pretty nice. As for me, I'm perfectly happy with the toughs.

Devil in the Blue Dress
06-05-2008, 01:53 PM
These are the same type of "facility" they provide at the "Big Even" party reunion tent. As far as temporary facilities go, they are pretty nice. As for me, I'm perfectly happy with the toughs.
Having attended several reunions over the years, I'm familiar with what is being rented. I'd rather that the trash be cleaned up than have some sort of fancy rental.

Acymetric
06-05-2008, 02:36 PM
Having attended several reunions over the years, I'm familiar with what is being rented. I'd rather that the trash be cleaned up than have some sort of fancy rental.

I'm sure the trash will be cleaned up. Why are you acting like the two are mutually exclusive?

hurleyfor3
06-05-2008, 02:44 PM
Welcome. I am honored to accept your waste. (http://www.snpp.com/episodes/AABF20)

Devil07
06-05-2008, 05:05 PM
Do the "attendants" that apparently come with the toilets count as part of the official attendance for game? If so, well done administration. Way to kill two birds with one stone.

On a related and not at all surprising note, the story was picked up (and mocked) by Deadspin (http://deadspin.com/5013418/duke-helps-ladies-buttocks-feel-more-comfortable)

OZZIE4DUKE
06-05-2008, 06:33 PM
Do the "attendants" that apparently come with the toilets count as part of the official attendance for game? If so, well done administration. Way to kill two birds with one stone.

On a related and not at all surprising note, the story was picked up (and mocked) by Deadspin (http://deadspin.com/5013418/duke-helps-ladies-buttocks-feel-more-comfortable)

I think this quote is the meat of the issue

This is important, because if there's one thing that's important at a Duke football game, it's the bathrooms.

While improving the pissers is important, especially to the ladies, it is winning that will put more fannies into said facilities, or, lining up for them as the case may be. 48 "seats" will be available for the ladies. If we start winning and we get 30,000 fans for the games at the end of the season, that means there will be ~10,000 women at the game. That's a line 200+ long for each "seat" if they all want to go at halftime.

devilirium
06-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Chris Kennedy is a smart guy, no doubt, but he has made some pretty dumb statements, lately. First, he talked about how The Admiral was really a good AD, deep down.....let me get you a kleenex Chris....and then today...these toilets are the "gold standard". Thanks for adding to the ridicule, CK. Here's a tip: when you get new latrines, you downplay it.

Today, I've everything about how Duke should start a Fantasy Bathroom Academy to "why are toilets an issue when you need fans".

Devil in the Blue Dress
06-05-2008, 09:03 PM
I'm sure the trash will be cleaned up. Why are you acting like the two are mutually exclusive?
It's a matter of priorities and standards, not a question of one or the other. In view of how impressed he was with how clean the campus was, it's a good thing Coach Cutcliffe didn't walk through the area near the stadium restrooms when he was walking on campus prior to his interview!

DukeUsul
06-05-2008, 10:46 PM

I'm ok with troughs too. I'm not okay with standing in a puddle of inch deep trough-"water" while doing my business.

arnie
06-05-2008, 10:57 PM
Chris Kennedy is a smart guy, no doubt, but he has made some pretty dumb statements, lately. First, he talked about how The Admiral was really a good AD, deep down.....let me get you a kleenex Chris....and then today...these toilets are the "gold standard". Thanks for adding to the ridicule, CK. Here's a tip: when you get new latrines, you downplay it.

Today, I've everything about how Duke should start a Fantasy Bathroom Academy to "why are toilets an issue when you need fans".

There is a reason why we are the laughingstock of Division 1 football - I think this thread and the quote from Kennedy pretty well sums it up!

PSurprise
06-06-2008, 09:30 PM
Just as long as the don't install the NASA toilets, I'll be okay with that...

godukecom
06-07-2008, 09:25 AM
do these luxury porta-johns have running water?

OZZIE4DUKE
06-07-2008, 09:45 AM
do these luxury porta-johns have running water?

Yes, they do.

Just as long as the don't install the NASA toilets, I'll be okay with that...

The toilets on the Space Station were made by the Russians, not NASA.

CathyCA
06-08-2008, 10:26 AM
As a brand new season ticket holder, I am very happy to know that we'll have the new potties at Wally Wade.

I'm wondering, however, if we must tip the attendants. . .

DukePA
06-08-2008, 10:47 AM
It's a matter of priorities and standards, not a question of one or the other. In view of how impressed he was with how clean the campus was, it's a good thing Coach Cutcliffe didn't walk through the area near the stadium restrooms when he was walking on campus prior to his interview!

I, for one, have never been in the women's rest rooms at Wally Wade when there hasn't been leaves and debris on the floor. Not to mention the spider webs in the stalls, on the ceilings, and in the doorways. I would be fine with having the present facilites swept and cleaned while waiting for the new ones to be built.

OZZIE4DUKE
06-08-2008, 11:24 AM
As a brand new season ticket holder, I am very happy to know that we'll have the new potties at Wally Wade.

Are you flying in from San Jose for the games this year? If so, I am impressed, even if you don't make all 7 home games.

I would think tipping is optional. Now if they perform some extra personal service for you....... :D

Devil in the Blue Dress
06-08-2008, 11:46 AM
Are you flying in from San Jose for the games this year? If so, I am impressed, even if you don't make all 7 home games.

I would think tipping is optional. Now if they perform some extra personal service for you....... :D

Such as handing you a roll of toilet tissue or handing you a paper towel?

rthomas
06-08-2008, 12:02 PM

You should never talk about "porta-johns" and "tipping". That is a nightmare waiting to happen.