PDA

View Full Version : Football game time

jimsumner
06-03-2008, 02:14 PM
From Duke press release

"Kickoff times for Duke's first three football games have been set as Atlantic Coast Conference Commissioner John D. Swofford announced the league's early-season television schedule on Tuesday afternoon.

Duke opens the year with a pair of 7 p.m. tilts against James Madison on August 30 and Northwestern on September 6. On September 13, the Blue Devils will host Navy in a 12 noon game that will be televised live on ESPNU."

Looks like we might get some good from those lights after all.

wolfpackdevil
06-03-2008, 03:15 PM
I think that these night games are great for duke's football team, stadium and attendance

Nobody wanted to go to a game in September when its 90 degrees outside, so I think starting the season with two 7pm games will be nice

Also, Duke does not get many games on TV, and to have ESPNU do a noon time game at Wallace-Wade is great progress, and it could make Duke a 3-0 football team on National TV if they play there schedule to its adventages.

I think these games are great for Duke football and I cant wait for the season to start back up again

killerleft
06-03-2008, 07:12 PM
New era, "new" gametime - I like it! The nighttime games were very nice when we had quite a few in the eighties.

CameronBornAndBred
06-03-2008, 07:30 PM
I enjoy the night games, but it means a hotel for me. Too late to drive the 3 hour trip home, knowing that I won't get out of the parking lot until at least 11:00. (I don't leave the games early, even when it's a trouncing)

OZZIE4DUKE
06-03-2008, 07:59 PM
(I don't leave the games early, even when it's a trouncing)

Yeah, but at least this year we'll be on the long end of the trouncing!

Devil in the Blue Dress
06-03-2008, 09:02 PM
The return of night football games! I LOVE it! Don't know about you guys, but I'm looking forward to my favorite time of day for tailgating.

devildeac
06-04-2008, 08:23 PM
The return of night football games! I LOVE it! Don't know about you guys, but I'm looking forward to my favorite time of day for tailgating.

OZZIE will bring the bud lite and I will bring the good beer;). Are you bringing the Bojangles?

Devil in the Blue Dress
06-04-2008, 08:44 PM
OZZIE will bring the bud lite and I will bring the good beer;). Are you bringing the Bojangles?

Could be something from Bo or maybe some BBQ from Pig N Out. That was the most popular entree last season. The banana pudding from Pig N Out, actually a custard, is out of this world! Real meringue!

Will probably be in a different parking lot this year closer to the new seat location. (I've changed seat locations back to where I was before some guy moved several sections more than 5 years ago.... didn't even inform the Iron Duke office.) Anyway, I plan to tailgate near the pathway of the Devil Walk. Will PM details when we get closer to the first game.

Ricks, if you decide to fly in from Houston, let me know ... I'll plan something special. If it's November 29, the menu will feature roast Tar Heel.

devildeac
06-04-2008, 09:24 PM
Could be something from Bo or maybe some BBQ from Pig N Out. That was the most popular entree last season. The banana pudding from Pig N Out, actually a custard, is out of this world! Real meringue!

Will probably be in a different parking lot this year closer to the new seat location. (I've changed seat locations back to where I was before some guy moved several sections more than 5 years ago.... didn't even inform the Iron Duke office.) Anyway, I plan to tailgate near the pathway of the Devil Walk. Will PM details when we get closer to the first game.

Ricks, if you decide to fly in from Houston, let me know ... I'll plan something special. If it's November 29, the menu will feature roast Tar Heel.

Now, if you can get ricks68 to fly up from Texas, you must also convince him to fill a collapsible cooler with some Texas 'cue/ribs and we can have a 'cue contest one evening with some western NC varieties, some eastern NC samplings and a few brown ales and/or pale ales:D;).

Devil in the Blue Dress
06-04-2008, 09:48 PM
Now, if you can get ricks68 to fly up from Texas, you must also convince him to fill a collapsible cooler with some Texas 'cue/ribs and we can have a 'cue contest one evening with some western NC varieties, some eastern NC samplings and a few brown ales and/or pale ales:D;).

Actually I'd love some Lone Star with my BBQ.....

Devil in the Blue Dress
06-04-2008, 11:02 PM
The best BBQ from Texas would be a beef brisket cooked over slow heat. Pair Lone Star with it and you've got a perfect combination!

OZZIE4DUKE
06-04-2008, 11:05 PM
The best BBQ from Texas would be a beef brisket cooked over slow heat. Pair Lone Star with it and you've got a perfect combination!

Sounds good to me!

DIBD, do you park in the Card Gym lot? That's what the Devil Walk goes by (coming from the Chapel).

BCGroup
06-05-2008, 06:49 AM
How's this for a positive word for the upcoming season:

"The first sign that college football season will be here before you know it — Phil Steele, the Maestro of Preseason Football, returns to newsstands June 10.

The lunatic who spends his Saturdays bunkered down in front of nine TVs so he can crank out 328-pages of goodness on college football predicts a big things for UNC and Duke. Duke!?!"

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/accnow/index.php?title=aug_28_is_not_that_far_away&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Devil in the Blue Dress
06-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Sounds good to me!

DIBD, do you park in the Card Gym lot? That's what the Devil Walk goes by (coming from the Chapel).
That's going to be my new location.... Mission Central for the new football season.