PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Vinson

taiw93
06-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Just a recruiting note...Acording to Scout.com (http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=2&c=759134&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fscouthoops.scout.com%2f2 %2f759134.html), Terell Vinson has narrowed his list to three schools. I don't have a premium subscription there, but according to the list of schools on his profile (http://duke.scout.com/a.z?s=167&p=8&c=1&nid=2431577), Duke is among his top three, along with Georgetown and Villanova. I personally think that he would be an excellent addition to our frontcourt if a scholarship frees up, but would rather Duke offer Jamil Wilson, who is also somewhat of a combo forward, and who apparently thinks very highly of Duke. Your thoughts...

novablue4
06-02-2008, 10:04 PM
:confused:Jamil Wilson is a future pro but I thought like most that he would never go as far away from Wisconsin as Durham. I think Terrel V. would chose Duke, although Villanova would be very strong. Georgetown perhaps as JT3 is a wonderful recruiter.

I have no insider information, it is all just a combo of many things. I think Duke wants Wilson 1 for the small forward and Vinson is 1B. Trouble is Wilson has said he won't announce until next March, by then Vinson is signed to Wildcats or Hoyas.

This is really a tough one. I would offer Kammeron Hosley right now, I think we could convince him and he is a wonderful young student and player by all accounts and it gets us into Georgia Tech, Clemson, and Georgia recruiting heatland.

Jusy my thoughts.

Peace.

Devilsfan
06-03-2008, 05:49 AM
Ryan Kelly has better skills set imo (he's a Dunlevy type) and lives within driving distance of Cameron. He's been offered one of carolinas' 42 scollies but would be a better fit at Duke imo.

Devilsfan
06-03-2008, 07:07 AM
Better skill set than any big on our 2007 roster that is.

chrisheery
06-03-2008, 10:52 PM
Better skill set than any big on our 2007 roster that is.

be serious please.

CameronCrazy'11
06-03-2008, 11:20 PM
If I'm correct we still haven't offered him a scholarship. I'm fairly sure that if Boynton and McDonald both commit we don't have any more scholarships to give unless someone leaves early (Most likely Henderson for the pros or academic senior Pocious for the European pros).

HillDevil
06-03-2008, 11:38 PM
We could have another if we were to lose Singler???????? Thoughts???

kydevil
06-04-2008, 12:24 AM
If I'm correct we still haven't offered him a scholarship. I'm fairly sure that if Boynton and McDonald both commit we don't have any more scholarships to give unless someone leaves early (Most likely Henderson for the pros or academic senior Pocious for the European pros).

We don't have a Pocious? :D

CameronCrazy'11
06-04-2008, 12:31 AM
we would have another scholarship if we were to lose anyone. the problem is that we won't know if anyone's going early to the nba early until april. I don't think K will offer an extra scholarship on the assumption that someone is going to leave early unless that player has told him so. However, I for one would not hope for Henderson or Singler to leave early just so we could offer another scholarship to Vinson or anyone else. At any rate, I think 2009-10 will be our best team, at least on paper, since 2005-06 and we'll have a realistic shot at a championship

devildeac
06-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Ryan Kelly has better skills set imo (he's a Dunlevy type) and lives within driving distance of Cameron. He's been offered one of carolinas' 42 scollies but would be a better fit at Duke imo.

AFAIK, he is "under consideration" but aren't we getting an abundance of frontcourt players now with LT, BZ, KS, MP1 and MP2? Did I just actually ask that question:o?

ArnieMc
06-05-2008, 08:37 AM
AFAIK, he is "under consideration" but aren't we getting an abundance of frontcourt players now with LT, BZ, KS, MP1 and MP2? Did I just actually ask that question:o?You forgot OC.

devildeac
06-05-2008, 01:59 PM
You forgot OC.

Thanks-I thought that list looked incomplete-kinda like spell check that misses a word despite proofing a post several times:o

SilkyJ
06-05-2008, 04:07 PM
AFAIK, he is "under consideration" but aren't we getting an abundance of frontcourt players now with LT, BZ, KS, MP1 and MP2? Did I just actually ask that question:o?

He's also more of a SF even though he probably plays PF in HS. He's 6'7' 195, according to scout. Not to say he won't grow into a PF somewhere around Lance's size, but right now he seems more of a SF here...kinda like Nate. Speaking of which, scout calls him "a junkyard dog" type player...sounds like the b@d@ss to me!

devildeac
06-05-2008, 04:20 PM
He's also more of a SF even though he probably plays PF in HS. He's 6'7' 195, according to scout. Not to say he won't grow into a PF somewhere around Lance's size, but right now he seems more of a SF here...kinda like Nate. Speaking of which, scout calls him "a junkyard dog" type player...sounds like the b@d@ss to me!

And if he chooses Duke, he will have a classic mentor of bad@ssery:D (or is the proper term "bad@ssitude";)).

Dukefan03
12-01-2008, 09:31 AM
Not sure if I was hearing things, but I was at the game on Friday and swore I heard the Crazies chanting "Terrell Vinson." Has he re-opened the recruiting process now that Loyola Maramount's coach has taken a leave?

Carlos
12-01-2008, 09:55 AM
I don't believe Vinson has reopened his recruitment nor do I believe that Duke would be very interested if he did. We're kind of set for bigs in the next recruiting class and if you were to look at him as a SF then I still don't think Duke would be interested because of their pursuit of Harrison Barnes.

Dukefan03
12-01-2008, 10:16 AM
I don't believe Vinson has reopened his recruitment nor do I believe that Duke would be very interested if he did. We're kind of set for bigs in the next recruiting class and if you were to look at him as a SF then I still don't think Duke would be interested because of their pursuit of Harrison Barnes.

Fair enough, and that makes a lot of sense. I am not advocating that they go after him if he re-opens. I was just surprised to hear the chant-I would be interested if anyone else heard the chant at the game just so I know that I am not delusional.

vango
01-16-2009, 08:42 AM
Saw where he was back on our Devils Den recruiting board and that he was asking for a release from his LOI (I was thinking it was Loyola Marymount)

http://duke.scout.com/a.z?s=167&p=8&c=1&nid=2431577

With our 2010 targets are we still seriously interested in him?

Thanks in advance.

Tim1515
01-16-2009, 10:26 AM
I would have to guess no. Duke faded a little on him if i remember correctly before the shadiness went down with his recruitment.

Duke also has a handful of talented wing players they could go after in the 2010 class...yet they've basically made it known that Barnes is their #1 and only guy. I doubt they'd mess with that by going after Vinson

-bdbd
01-16-2009, 03:05 PM
I imagine these are the sorts of decisions that make coaches' hair change color and/or fall out... Do you take, for argument's sake, a top-30 recruit this year, or wait and see on a top-5 one next year???

I think most schools would take the bird in the hand. BUT, fortunately, that isn't necessarily the case at Duke, as we can expect a reasonably competitive chance at landing a top-5 kid. Of course, a lot more goes into the decision, such as the relationship the coaches have with the two young men and their character make-up, potential growth, etc.

2010 is shaping up to be a very good recriting year for us...

-BDBD :cool:

jv001
01-16-2009, 03:18 PM
I'm glad Coach K has to make those decisions and not me. I would make a mess of it and he has a long track record of making great decisions. Go Duke!