PDA

View Full Version : "Cougars" - Define them

EarlJam
05-28-2008, 12:31 AM
Women who date significantly younger men, or, Cougars. How do you define them?

colchar
05-28-2008, 01:05 AM
Older women out on the prowl for younger men. Some people count any older woman out on the prowl but I only count those who go after younger men.

What brought up this poll? Did you have some sort of encounter with one at a bar tonight?

CathyCA
05-28-2008, 01:54 AM
What brought up this poll? Did you have some sort of encounter with one at a bar tonight?

Oh, it was an encounter, but it wasn't at a bar. ;)

2535Miles
05-28-2008, 01:56 AM
I'm gonna have to go with Older but sexy and desirable women. I think the definition has to include that they're going after younger men, where younger is an exclusive distinction. If there was an "All of the above" I would've gone with that.

What do you call a guy who is obviously making himself known and available to Cougars?

gvtucker
05-28-2008, 08:22 AM
I'm gonna have to go with Older but sexy and desirable women. I think the definition has to include that they're going after younger men, where younger is an exclusive distinction. If there was an "All of the above" I would've gone with that.

What do you call a guy who is obviously making himself known and available to Cougars?

A deer in the headlights.

billybreen
05-28-2008, 08:34 AM

Ashton.

PensDevil
05-28-2008, 09:04 AM
The definition of a cougar according to the legendary-one himself.... Barney Stinson:

"A cougar is an attractive, sex-crazed, middle-aged woman, usually found prowling airport bars and smoky pool halls in search of nubile flesh. Look around you: most likely there's one training her eyes on you right now. She's a predator, a vicious carnivore looking to feed before continuing on her ferocious way, and that's the most beautiful part of the majestic cougar: her unflagging desire to move on after a mauling. Clearly, this is an advanced species."

Excerpt taken from Barney's blog entry on cougars (http://www.legen-waitforit.com/barney/2006_10_01_archive.html).

Shammrog
05-28-2008, 09:45 AM
Shouldn't you have "Earljam" as a poll option? :D

hurleyfor3
05-28-2008, 10:30 AM
EJ, how many of the 6,542 attractive women you saw at Turner Field the other day (http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showpost.php?p=152172&postcount=22) were cougars?

I've threatned to do an NCAA tournament bracket of women over 40 before (regions would be Blondes, Brunettes, Redheads and Minorities). You're tempting me to finally throw this together... not like, say, Marcia Cross would tempt me or anything, you realize.

colchar
05-28-2008, 12:31 PM
Oh, it was an encounter, but it wasn't at a bar. ;)

I was trying to keep things clean.

colchar
05-28-2008, 12:32 PM
I've threatned to do an NCAA tournament bracket of women over 40 before (regions would be Blondes, Brunettes, Redheads and Minorities). You're tempting me to finally throw this together... not like, say, Marcia Cross would tempt me or anything, you realize.

Hurry up then. I leave for Britain on 8 June and my posting will be severely curtailed for a few months (lucky for all of you!) so, if you wait much longer, I won't be able to participate.

Bluedawg
05-28-2008, 01:34 PM
What are men who date significantly younger women called? [please don't say lucky]

Indoor66
05-28-2008, 01:36 PM
What are men who date significantly younger women called? [please don't say lucky]

Dreamers

Windsor
05-28-2008, 02:12 PM

You beat to me to it...I was going to ask the same questions, knowing full well it isn't anything predatory or derogatory when the guy is much older than the girl.

(tongue in cheek, the correct answer is 'rich')

Bostondevil
05-28-2008, 02:16 PM

You looking for famous women or DBR posters? Of course, it wouldn't be fair to have us compete against each other, so maybe you better stick to famous women.

How much younger gets you Cougar status anyway? I'm married, happily so most of the time (hey, it's been almost 17 years, we have our moments) but if I weren't, I don't think I'd qualify as a Cougar. Whereas I appreciate the aesthetics, I couldn't see myself doing anything with a 20-something. Let's put it this way, at work I have a 20-something friend who is a big hockey fan. She thinks Sidney Crosby is the sexiest male athlete ever. Me? I've got to give it to Mark Messier, still. Plus I have a 14 year-old son, I would never want to feel like some guy's mom.

hurleyfor3
05-28-2008, 02:20 PM
You looking for famous women or DBR posters? Of course, it wouldn't be fair to have us compete against each other, so maybe you better stick to famous women.

I only personally know one female 40+ DBR poster. And she seems happily married. :)

People seem interested in this, so I'll toss out the 1-seeds: Nicole Kidman (40), Courtney Cox (43), Diane Lane (43) and Janet Jackson (42). Raquel Welch (67) gets a 16-seed in the Redhead bracket as a lifetime achievement award.

colchar
05-28-2008, 02:28 PM
I only personally know one female 40+ DBR poster. And she seems happily married. :)

People seem interested in this, so I'll toss out the 1-seeds: Nicole Kidman (40), Courtney Cox (43), Diane Lane (43) and Janet Jackson (42). Raquel Welch (67) gets a 16-seed in the Redhead bracket as a lifetime achievement award.

Too bad Catherine Zeta Jones misses the cutoff by a few months (born September 1969). She'd win, hands down.

2535Miles
05-28-2008, 02:31 PM

People seem interested in this, so I'll toss out the 1-seeds: Nicole Kidman, Courtney Cox, Diane Lane and Janet Jackson.
I'm not sure about the seeding yet, but I'll throw in: Demi Moore, Madonna, Pamela Anderson, Rachel Griffiths.

Bostondevil
05-28-2008, 02:35 PM
Sheryl Crow, Madonna, Tina Turner, Julia Roberts just turned 40, I think.

Ellen Barkin, Holly Hunter, Kyra Sedgwick, Helen Mirren, Diana Rigg.

Cheryl Miller, Peggy Fleming, Dorothy Hamill.

Iman, Christie Brinkley, Cindy Crawford, Cheryl Tiegs.

There's a few for you.

Oh and Jaclyn Smith, who should win, have you seen her lately?

EarlJam
05-28-2008, 02:44 PM
Sheryl Crow, Madonna, Tina Turner, Julia Roberts just turned 40, I think.

Ellen Barkin, Holly Hunter, Kyra Sedgwick, Helen Mirren, Diana Rigg.

Cheryl Miller, Peggy Fleming, Dorothy Hamill.

Iman, Christie Brinkley, Cindy Crawford, Cheryl Tiegs.

There's a few for you.

Oh and Jaclyn Smith, who should win, have you seen her lately?

Jaclyn Smith and Sheryl Crow. GOOD ONES!

-EJ

Bostondevil
05-28-2008, 02:47 PM
Also in the model who has aged well category, Paulina Porizkova, even if her dancing didn't pass muster, plus she's a knitter. She always was my favorite.

billybreen
05-28-2008, 02:58 PM

Funny you should ask that today. My dad is currently playing a pro-am round with Natalie Gulbis in Charleston. But I don't think he would fit this category because 1) he's happily married and 2) he has no chance.

http://www.golfforwomen.com/images/players/2008/01/plit01_natalie_0108.jpg

Bostondevil
05-28-2008, 03:00 PM
Oh and as an aside on fabulous DBR posters, there was a time when CathyCA and Bostondevil lived in the same dorm at Duke.

Were you there for the infamous Spirit Keg Victory, CathyCA? The dorm was Aycock. The cheer? Well, let's just say there was no competition that day.

Aycock girls, fabulous forever.

EarlJam
05-28-2008, 03:01 PM
Snap. HOLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

THANKS BILLYBREEN!

Funny you should ask that today. My dad is currently playing a pro-am round with Natalie Gulbis in Charleston. But I don't think he would fit this category because 1) he's happily married and 2) he has no chance.

http://www.golfforwomen.com/images/players/2008/01/plit01_natalie_0108.jpg

billybreen
05-28-2008, 03:02 PM
Also in the model who has aged well category, Paulina Porizkova, even if her dancing didn't pass muster, plus she's a knitter. She always was my favorite.

Paulina, Rick, and Colbert (http://video.aol.com/video-detail/colbert-report-paulina-porizkova/1645128193) -- one of the best things ever.

devil84
05-28-2008, 03:20 PM
Oh and as an aside on fabulous DBR posters, there was a time when CathyCA and Bostondevil lived in the same dorm at Duke.

Were you there for the infamous Spirit Keg Victory, CathyCA? The dorm was Aycock. The cheer? Well, let's just say there was no competition that day.

Aycock girls, fabulous forever.

One minor correction: there was a time when CathyCA and Bostondevil and devil84 lived in the same dorm at Duke! Talk about fabulous Aycock women!! Any more of us??

blublood
05-28-2008, 03:27 PM
One minor correction: there was a time when CathyCA and Bostondevil and devil84 lived in the same dorm at Duke! Talk about fabulous Aycock women!! Any more of us??

Sadly not, from this corner. :) I lived in Giles.

EarlJam, don't get too excited. I'm pretty sure that photo has had a little, uh, work done much like Paulina herself.

arydolphin
05-28-2008, 03:33 PM
Billybreen, I'm officially jealous of your dad. The best I can do is that I'm volunteering at that tournament on Sunday.

Bostondevil
05-28-2008, 03:37 PM

That's right!!! (I didn't forget about you but as you hadn't posted in this thread I wasn't sure I should mention you. We are admitting to be 'of Cougar age' after all.)

Were you at the infamous Spirit Keg Victory? There used to be a picture of us in the Alumni office from that game.

colchar
05-28-2008, 03:43 PM
plus she's a knitter.

Is that a euphemism?

Bostondevil
05-28-2008, 03:45 PM
Is that a euphemism?

No, she knits. I knit. It's kind of a cult. We get together and touch the cashmere in yarn stores. Knitters I mean. I haven't done that with Paulina yet.

DevilAlumna
05-28-2008, 03:47 PM
Sadly not, from this corner. :) I lived in Giles.

Giles ruled. I had a window on the back side of the top floor, that enabled some nice dormer-deck sunning, and access onto the rooftop for viewing the whole East quad.

hurleyfor3
05-28-2008, 04:03 PM
Wow, this thing has legs. Pun very much intended.

The 2-seeds are Sharon Stone (50), Teri Hatcher (43), Liz Claman (44) and Rudi Bakhtiar (41).

Someone mentioned Madonna (49). She makes it in as a six-seed against #11 Cindy McCain (54).

billybreen
05-28-2008, 04:04 PM
Billybreen, I'm officially jealous of your dad. The best I can do is that I'm volunteering at that tournament on Sunday.

My dad is an insane PGA groupie, so he manages to finagle his way into a lot of things like this. It's a tough life.

Clipsfan
05-28-2008, 05:20 PM

Rich.

Clipsfan
05-28-2008, 05:23 PM
Is there some reason that the cutoff has been listed as 40? I upset one of my coworkers a couple months back when I described a place where women in their mid-late 30s hung out as a cougar den (she's 34). For some reason I've always thought of them as being slightly younger, but maybe that's because there are lots of women around here in their late 30s on the prowl.

colchar
05-28-2008, 05:47 PM
Is there some reason that the cutoff has been listed as 40? I upset one of my coworkers a couple months back when I described a place where women in their mid-late 30s hung out as a cougar den (she's 34). For some reason I've always thought of them as being slightly younger, but maybe that's because there are lots of women around here in their late 30s on the prowl.

Yeah, let's knock it down to 35 so that I can get Catherine Zeta Jones in on this thing.

EarlJam
05-28-2008, 05:58 PM
Rich.

Post of the Year!

And the TRUTH, will set you free!

-EJ

EarlJam
05-28-2008, 06:04 PM
Seriously, I think women in their 40s are sexier, more attractive than most younger girls. I usually prefer the age range of 37 - 43 or so, though I've dated and carfoongled younger than that.

They (35+) are more experienced in many ways and the conversation is usually much stronger. Yeah, weird to hear a guy care about quality of conversation, but afterall, I AM EarlJam.

So to all women 35, 40+, and even beyond, I salute you! And I want to be with you. :)

-EarlJam

P.S. That's, 1-900-EARL-JAM

2535Miles
05-28-2008, 06:05 PM
Wow, this thing has legs. Pun very much intended.

The 2-seeds are Sharon Stone (50), Teri Hatcher (43), Liz Claman (44) and Rudi Bakhtiar (41).

Someone mentioned Madonna (49). She makes it in as a six-seed against #11 Cindy McCain (54).
We're starting to need our own thread.

hurleyfor3
05-28-2008, 06:43 PM

Yeah, and they're my dang brackets, so I get to decide how old you have to be. I do, however, strongly believe CZJ is >40. Just can't find verification.

The three-seeds are Helen Hunt (44), Shania Twain (42), Jane Leeves (47) and Michelle Yeoh (45). Now I need a Latina as the #4 seed to balance out the Minority bracket.

Also, I changed my mind about Cindy McCain. I'm sticking her in the 8/9 game against Ann Coulter (45).

2535Miles
05-28-2008, 06:49 PM
Yeah, and they're my dang brackets, so I get to decide how old you have to be. I do, however, strongly believe CZJ is >40. Just can't find verification.

The three-seeds are Helen Hunt (44), Shania Twain (42), Jane Leeves (47) and Michelle Yeoh (45). Now I need a Latina as the #4 seed to balance out the Minority bracket.

Also, I changed my mind about Cindy McCain. I'm sticking her in the 8/9 game against Ann Coulter (45).
Selma Hayek is 41. I cannot wait to see the brackets.
IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001876/) has CZJ at 39.

hurleyfor3
05-28-2008, 07:09 PM
Selma Hayek is 41. I cannot wait to see the brackets.

Oh, good one. I'll make her the four, along with Heather Locklear (46), Elizabeth Hurley (42) and Marcia Cross (46).

The five-seeds are all eligible for membership in AARP: Kim Catrall (51), Jackie Smyth (61), Rene Russo (54) and Pam Grier (just turned 59).

rthomas
05-28-2008, 07:10 PM

Ann Coulter? Eeewwww. What are you talking about? Eeewwww. Eeewwww. I can't even think what to say. eewww.

hurleyfor3
05-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Ann Coulter? Eeewwww. What are you talking about? Eeewwww. Eeewwww. I can't even think what to say. eewww.

I thought I was doing lefties a favor with a McCain/Coulter 8/9 game. Somebody has to lose, and whichever one doesn't gets knocked out by Nicole anyway. If you want I can put the play-in game in the Blonde bracket with #16a Hillary Clinton (60) vs. #16b Tipper Gore (59).

hurleyfor3
05-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Six seeds are the aforementioned Madonna (49), Demi Moore (45), Julianne Moore (47) and Iman (42). Gillian Anderson and Debra Messing both turn 40 in August... my, will that ever shake up the Redhead bracket.

For the Blonde five I'm swapping out Catrall for Kim Basinger (54) whom I haven't seen a recent picture of but couldn't possibly have jumped the shark. I'll make Kim Catrall the seven.

Bostondevil
05-28-2008, 07:38 PM
I've met Ann Coulter. She went to high school with my hubby. I could take her, in so very many ways. Easiest way would be to blow on her.

Up close, she's skinny in an 'I don't eat because I'm famous' kind of way, she's got bad posture and the tanning, however she does it, salon or spray, ain't great.

There are way more attractive women over 40, way more, shoot if you really need a Republican, go for Katherine Harris or Arianna Huffington. Or hey, how about Dennis Kucinich's wife? Not a Republican, I know, and she might not be old enough. Yes, I'm too lazy to look up how to spell Kucinich.

CathyCA
05-28-2008, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devil84

That's right!!! (I didn't forget about you but as you hadn't posted in this thread I wasn't sure I should mention you. We are admitting to be 'of Cougar age' after all.)

Were you at the infamous Spirit Keg Victory? There used to be a picture of us in the Alumni office from that game.

I didn't know about the Spirit Keg Victory picture in the Alumni office. I would love to see it! I do, however, remember the words to some of the cheers that we shouted to win that keg. Bostondevil, you probably authored those cheers, didn't you?

Do you remember the slogan that was silk-screened on our Aycock T-shirts? :D

The Aycock Cougars might be our reunion T-shirt slogan. . . :cool:

hurleyfor3
05-28-2008, 07:52 PM
I was also going to throw Michelle Obama (44) in somewhere if it matters... easily trouncing Condi Rice in her conference championship game.

Seven seeds are Catrall, Julia Roberts (40), Geena Davis (52) and Halle Berry (41).

I have to cut out for the night. I'll try to work on this more tomorrow.

billybreen
05-28-2008, 08:10 PM

There must be an adams apple sub-bracket.

colchar
05-28-2008, 08:29 PM

She was born 25 September 1969 so hasn't turned 39 quite yet.

If she was included how tough a matchup would it be between her and Shania for the right to go to the Final Four?

Can you imagine the brunette bracket if both CZJ and Angie Harmon were old enough to be included?

rthomas
05-28-2008, 08:36 PM
Sigh...I must be getting old. I find younger women attractive and all of these are younger.

OZZIE4DUKE
05-28-2008, 10:25 PM

It is all a matter of perspective. In my eyes, y'all aren't Cougars, but younger MILF's!

2535Miles
05-28-2008, 10:46 PM
It is all a matter of perspective. In my eyes, y'all aren't Cougars, but younger MILF's!
HAHAHA Nice. Would you believe that "they" qualify Brittney Spears as a MILF? While it would technically be correct (assuming she's your type) to call her a MILF, I think it's a mighty pedantic application of the term. Sure she has kids, but, but, but.

DevilAlumna
05-29-2008, 12:07 AM
So to all women 35, 40+, and even beyond, I salute you! And I want to be with you. :)

Damn, I guess I have to wait a few more years... ;)

There are way more attractive women over 40, way more, shoot if you really need a Republican, go for Katherine Harris or Arianna Huffington.

Hate to break it to you, but Arianna's been a Dem for quite awhile (>5yrs) now. Very public about it. Her latest book is entitled something to the effect of, "Why Right is Wrong."

Please do, it'll be an entertaining bracket.

CathyCA
05-29-2008, 12:37 AM

Thank you, I think. LOL

billybreen
05-29-2008, 12:48 AM
HAHAHA Nice. Would you believe that "they" qualify Brittney Spears as a MILF? While it would technically be correct (assuming she's your type) to call her a MILF, I think it's a mighty pedantic application of the term. Sure she has kids, but, but, but.

All this talk of MILFs (and the earlier mention of Michelle Obama) begs the question: is America ready for a FLILF (http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=127597&title=is-america-ready-for-a-flilf)?

Bostondevil
05-29-2008, 01:04 AM
Hate to break it to you, but Arianna's been a Dem for quite awhile (>5yrs) now. Very public about it. Her latest book is entitled something to the effect of, "Why Right is Wrong."

Oops, I quit watching political discussion shows after Politically Incorrect went off the air. Very occasionally I'll still watch the McLaughlin Group.

You'll notice you don't see me posting to the PP board.

Arianna's still more attrative than Ann Coulter IMHO.

Hey, do we get to vote in the brackets?

Bostondevil
05-29-2008, 01:08 AM
I didn't know about the Spirit Keg Victory picture in the Alumni office. I would love to see it! I do, however, remember the words to some of the cheers that we shouted to win that keg. Bostondevil, you probably authored those cheers, didn't you?

Do you remember the slogan that was silk-screened on our Aycock T-shirts? :D

The Aycock Cougars might be our reunion T-shirt slogan. . . :cool:

Up and Coming!!!!! The picture was of the whole group of us holding up the A-Y-C-O-C-K signs in the stands at Wallace Wade. Most of us were behind the signs unfortunately but there were enough recognizable faces that I knew it was us. It's been awhile since I've seen it, I don't know if it's still there.

I didn't author the cheers, I was a freshman! It was our illustrious dorm president, I think. I can picture her, plain as day, but I don't remember her name.

CathyCA
05-29-2008, 01:19 AM
I didn't author the cheers, I was a freshman! It was our illustrious dorm president, I think. I can picture her, plain as day, but I don't remember her name.

Her first name was Emma. PM me and I'll tell you her last name.

2535Miles
05-29-2008, 01:39 AM
All this talk of MILFs (and the earlier mention of Michelle Obama) begs the question: is America ready for a FLILF (http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=127597&title=is-america-ready-for-a-flilf)?
Ready? I think we've all been waiting for something worthwhile in the Oval Office.

devil84
05-29-2008, 07:31 AM

Oh, I'm not afraid to admit being of Cougar age! I'm in excellent company with you and CathyCA! We're just *barely* of Cougar age! ;) Besides, I GOT CARDED LAST NIGHT!!! So, bring on Cougar age. I'll wear that badge with pride! (Although just to be clear, I'm married, and not partaking of Cougar activities!)

There was a picture of us at the Spirit Keg Victory in the Alumni office??!! OMG!! I'd love to see that!

BluBlood -- I was in Giles my Junior and Senior years, second floor. A fine dorm, too.

Clipsfan
05-29-2008, 02:34 PM

According to IMDB: Catherine Zeta-Jones was born on 25 September 1969, in Swansea, West Glamorgan

hurleyfor3
05-29-2008, 02:55 PM
I need some help filling out the Redhead bracket.

Below #7 I have #10 Fergie (48), #12 Reba McIntyre (53), #13 Cynthia Nixon (42) and #14 Molly Ringwald (40). Raquel Welch is the aforementioned #16. I guess I could put Vicki Lawrence (59) at #15. This leaves the eight, nine and 11 seeds. Little help?

I could close one slot by moving natural redhead Nicole Kidman over from the Blonde bracket. But she'd have go in as the #2, becuase nobody is moving Diane Lane off the "Overall #1" pedestal. Well, not until Angie Everhart hits 40 at least.

(Update: Katey Segal [54] goes in somewhere.)

DukieInKansas
05-29-2008, 02:55 PM
Seriously, I think women in their 40s are sexier, more attractive than most younger girls. I usually prefer the age range of 37 - 43 or so, though I've dated and carfoongled younger than that.

They (35+) are more experienced in many ways and the conversation is usually much stronger. Yeah, weird to hear a guy care about quality of conversation, but afterall, I AM EarlJam.

-EarlJam

P.S. That's, 1-900-EARL-JAM

EarlJam - pay your phone bill. The number doesn't work. :D

throatybeard
05-29-2008, 03:10 PM

Below #7 I have #10 Fergie (48), #12 Reba McIntyre (53), #13 Cynthia Nixon (42) and #14 Molly Ringwald (40). Raquel Welch is the aforementioned #16. I guess I could put Vicki Lawrence (59) at #15. This leaves the eight, nine and 11 seeds. Little help?

I could close one slot by moving natural redhead Nicole Kidman over from the Blonde bracket. But she'd have go in as the #2, becuase nobody is moving Diane Lane off the "Overall #1" pedestal. Well, not until Angie Everhart hits 40 at least.

Redheads were my minor.

Khrystyne Haje turns 40 later this year. Emma Thompson (49) has reddish hair in some films. Three decades after Poldark, Angharad Rees (58) is still lovely. And Leigh Taylor-Young is (!) 63.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.poldark.org.uk/images/booksign4.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.poldark.org.uk/autobiography.html&h=256&w=213&sz=18&hl=en&start=4&sig2=B7pF22etlWuLzLBK0ATb4w&um=1&tbnid=D5_lS0CqO6aQ2M:&tbnh=111&tbnw=92&ei=z_4-SOa2OZjgigGsts3IDA&prev=/images%3Fq%3D%2522angharad%2Brees%2522%26um%3D1%26 hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leigh_Taylor-Young

The problem with this is that the overwhelming majority of all these women actually have brown hair. What about regional regions? US/Canada, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Southern Hemisphere, or something like that.

In the brunette region, I'll tell you who's grown on me lately is Lisa Edelstein (42). And I'm pretty sure I was born lusting after Renee Fleming (49).

ETA: Alleged redhead Wynonna Judd is 43. I'd take her over Reba.

2535Miles
05-29-2008, 03:14 PM

(Update: Katey Segal [54] goes in somewhere.)
Nice choice on Katey Segal.
How about:
Debra Messing
Marilou Henner
Jullianne Moore

TillyGalore
05-29-2008, 03:14 PM

What about Marg Helgenberger (49)?

TillyGalore
05-29-2008, 03:15 PM
EarlJam - pay your phone bill. The number doesn't work. :D

A cool picture for the front page of the board would be EarlJam and his DBR harem. :)

hurleyfor3
05-29-2008, 03:16 PM
Debra Messing is 39. Julianne Moore is in as a six seed. Marilu gets a bid.

2535Miles
05-29-2008, 03:19 PM
Debra Messing is 39
So she's on the bubble?;)

2535Miles
05-29-2008, 03:26 PM
Do you have Kate Walsh in a bracket? I'm not sure if she's a real redhead, but she certainly sports the red hair on Grey's Anatomy.

hurleyfor3
05-29-2008, 03:27 PM
Vicki Lawrence gets bumped out of the 15-seed in favor of Linda Cohn (48). In a related development over in the Brunette bracket that will doubtlessly please Joe Namath, Suzy Kolber (44) gets a bid.

DevilAlumna
05-29-2008, 04:37 PM
"Cougar bait," HF3? Nice.

Turk
05-29-2008, 05:51 PM
Dang this is thoroughly entertaining... Here's a co-ed all-time list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Gcrossan/Redheads

Names that jumped out at me:
Ann-Margaret
Geena Davis
Victoria Principal
Bonnie Raitt
Rene Russo
Susan Sarandon

and as noted above, they also consider Nicole Kidman to be a redhead too...

Probably needs validation for true redhead status and current level of hotness. Looking forward to the entire bracket...

EarlJam
05-29-2008, 06:42 PM
[QUOTE=DevilAlumna;153034]Damn, I guess I have to wait a few more years... ;)

Hey, I didn't say I limited myself to ONLY those ages!!!!!

-EarlJam

colchar
05-29-2008, 08:23 PM
So she's on the bubble?;)

Is Messing gets in we have to let CZJ in too.

Bob Green
05-30-2008, 07:04 AM
I was going to stay out of this, but seeing as I've had a few beers tonight, I'll nominate Filipina actress Lorna Tolentino (1961):

http://contents.igma.tv/igmaweb/webpics/photos/295_608/lorna-tolentino.jpg

throatybeard
05-30-2008, 08:22 AM
Another redhead nomination: Amy Yasbeck (45), actress and widow of John Ritter.

colchar
05-30-2008, 10:11 AM
Amy Yasbeck (45)

Superb nomination.

widow of John Ritter.

Ahh, John Ritter. He died waaay too young.

Shammrog
05-30-2008, 10:30 AM
Vicki Lawrence gets bumped out of the 15-seed in favor of Linda Cohn (48). In a related development over in the Brunette bracket that will doubtlessly please Joe Namath, Suzy Kolber (44) gets a bid.

Holy crap! Suzy Kolber is 44!!! She looks waaaay younger.

An aside: my wife's boss stayed in a hotel room next door to Suzy Kolber in NYC a few years ago. She and a Giant's player (forgot which one) kept him up a good part of the night with their "activities" during the night.

EarlJam
05-30-2008, 10:37 AM
An aside: my wife's boss stayed in a hotel room next door to Suzy Kolber in NYC a few years ago. She and a Giant's player (forgot which one) kept him up a good part of the night with their "activities" during the night.

Yahtzee?

-EJ

hurleyfor3
05-30-2008, 10:53 AM
Yahtzee?

-EJ

Either that or Scrabble.

There's been some talk amongst the mods about this thread... we can continue as long as (1) it stays PG-rated and (2) we leave out politically-related figures. So no Coulter/McCain matchup in the Blonde region. Media figures who do not derive their fame from espousing political views are fair game, as are foreign nobility, so Fergie can stay.

EarlJam
05-30-2008, 11:11 AM
Either that or Scrabble.

There's been some talk amongst the mods about this thread... we can continue as long as (1) it stays PG-rated and (2) we leave out politically-related figures. So no Coulter/McCain matchup in the Blonde region. Media figures who do not derive their fame from espousing political views are fair game, as are foreign nobility, so Fergie can stay.

What about dead semi-politicians. Thinking Princess Diana here, who was one hot mama - and would still be today - if she were not dead.

Anyway, fair game?

-EarlJam

hurleyfor3
05-30-2008, 11:21 AM
What about dead semi-politicians. Thinking Princess Diana here, who was one hot mama - and would still be today - if she were not dead.

Anyway, fair game?

-EarlJam

Ick. No.

colchar
05-30-2008, 11:25 AM
So no Coulter/McCain matchup in the Blonde region. Media figures who do not derive their fame from espousing political views are fair game, as are foreign nobility, so Fergie can stay.

Why should their being political figures matter? This is about looks.

hurleyfor3
05-30-2008, 11:29 AM
Why should their being political figures matter? This is about looks.

I want to preclude the possibility of straying into Public Policy Board content. There are other fish in the sea, as they say. Anyway, I can always invoke the "it's my dang bracket" rule.

colchar
05-30-2008, 11:44 AM
I want to preclude the possibility of straying into Public Policy Board content. There are other fish in the sea, as they say. Anyway, I can always invoke the "it's my dang bracket" rule.

While it is your bracket, I still fail to see how saying someone like Ann Coulter is or isn't attractive, or that she lost in round X to so-and-so could stray into public policy territory. When it comes to actresses we're not discussing their acting abilities so why would we discuss a semi-political figure's political views?

Do what you like, it just seems silly to preclude someone simply because of how they came to fame.

OZZIE4DUKE
05-30-2008, 04:28 PM

Anyway, fair game?

-EarlJam

I sense a little necrophilia going on here with Earljam. :eek: Double ick.

2535Miles
06-02-2008, 03:48 PM
Where do we stand? I'm ready for a poll. :D

wilko
06-10-2008, 09:12 AM
Not to make this overly complex... but brackets should be assembled based on the relative age of the voter..

Im 40. alot of these women arent cougars, but my peers (more or less).
Some could be MILFS, but not all are quite cougars in my mind.

I have a sleeper cougar. An older vibrant woman..

Susan Sullivan - While not a household name... On Dharma and Greg she played Gregs mom.. Something about her says "notice me".
(or at least it did then)

2535Miles
06-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Not to make this overly complex... but brackets should be assembled based on the relative age of the voter..
Im 40. alot of these women arent cougars, but my peers (more or less).
Some could be MILFS, but not all are quite cougars in my mind.
That doesn't seem fair. A cougar is a cougar, it's their age that matters not yours or mine.

I have a sleeper cougar. An older vibrant woman..

Susan Sullivan - While not a household name... On Dharma and Greg she played Gregs mom.. Something about her says "notice me".
(or at least it did then)
I noticed her as well. Good call.

wilko
06-10-2008, 03:26 PM
That doesn't seem fair. A cougar is a cougar, it's their age that matters not yours or mine.

Well... If you are 12 Miley Cyrus is your peer... And Britteny S. would be both a cougar and a MILF to that 12 yo.

But as a person MY age... Britt is only a MILF... a cougar.. not so much. I still tend to think of her as bait.

Unless we have a drop dead age limit to be a cougar. Period. (Lotta, pages I coulda missed it..) But even then thats not so fair to the idolized object in question.. because a cougar is inherently an older woman. So Id only vote for ones older than me..

I noticed her as well. Good call.
Glad Im not nutz.

Indoor66
06-10-2008, 03:30 PM
because a cougar is inherently an older woman. So Id only vote for ones older than me..

What are you going to do in 10, 20 or 30 years? Quit enjoying? Not me. IMO, a cougar is a woman over 40.

2535Miles
06-10-2008, 03:37 PM
Well... If you are 12 Miley Cyrus is your peer... And Britteny S. would be both a cougar and a MILF to that 12 yo.

But as a person MY age... Britt is only a MILF... a cougar.. not so much. I still tend to think of her as bait.

Unless we have a drop dead age limit to be a cougar. Period. (Lotta, pages I coulda missed it..) But even then thats not so fair to the idolized object in question.. because a cougar is inherently an older woman. So Id only vote for ones older than me..

Glad Im not nutz.
Ahhhhh I see your point. I think you're looking at the definition of "older" too literally. We're not comparing age relative to individual people. There is a minimum age to quality as a Cougar, and it's 40. Brittney cannot achieve cougardom until she is 40.

Cougar is widely referenced in pop culture as an older woman (40s - 50s) preying upon younger men (20s - 30s).

To really seal the deal, hurleyfor3 clearly states it's his "dang bracket". :D

wilko
06-10-2008, 04:06 PM
What are you going to do in 10, 20 or 30 years? Quit enjoying? Not me. IMO, a cougar is a woman over 40.

In 30 yrs I'll be a dity old man.
Still not quite ready for the Betty whites and Jessica Tandys of the world

rthomas
06-10-2008, 06:55 PM
In 30 yrs I'll be a dity old man.
Still not quite ready for the Betty whites and Jessica Tandys of the world

I like older women as long as they are younger than me.

YmoBeThere
06-24-2008, 08:35 AM
Don't know the definition, but I had to have been in cougar central this weekend. The Hamptons...and boy were they aggressive.

Bostondevil
06-24-2008, 10:01 AM
Did they score?

YmoBeThere
06-24-2008, 11:51 AM
Haha, not with me...we were at the beach and a few of them were pressing hard on the group of four guys near us. (I was with a group of several couples and myself...so probably not the ratio they were looking for.) Its not a big area, so I saw them prowling a night club later that evening...they appeared to still be looking for targets.