PDA

View Full Version : Andy Katz on K, Duke, and The Olympics

SilkyJ
05-19-2008, 06:11 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?columnist=katz_andy&id=3402838&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab5pos1

Interestingly, Katz says

"Krzyzewski said that the plan is to have the team decided by the time it arrives at the Las Vegas training camp on June 30."

I could be wrong, but that would mean they would decide the team BEFORE the have the "tryouts." I guess they've seen them play, but in an earlier paragraph he talks about how players have gotten better since the last time they were together, which would seem to me that they would want to re-evaluate at least some of the players. Maybe I'm crazy, but it seems to me that deciding the team before they all get there and play for a bit seems weird...

dukemsu
05-19-2008, 08:18 PM
I enjoyed this article, probably mostly because K sounded so positive about the situation at Duke. Yes, I know he might be spinning a bit, but overall he sounded like someone who knows he has a big job to do, but at the same time feels he's up to the challenge.

Reminds me of an old quote I saw about K- "cadets aren't taught to say 'Here goes nothing'".

LGD.

BCGroup
05-19-2008, 08:45 PM
It also reminds you of the importance of having the right people around you--people you can trust.

killerleft
05-19-2008, 09:57 PM
The Summer Olympics will be a very (in)tense time for Blue Devil fans. I don't know about y'all, but I expect the US to take the gold with Coach K at the helm. That expectation will give me some major jitters above and beyond the usual ones I feel when watching US Olympians play.

Go get 'em, Mikey!!!

mgtr
05-19-2008, 10:32 PM
The Summer Olympics will be a very (in)tense time for Blue Devil fans. I don't know about y'all, but I expect the US to take the gold with Coach K at the helm. That expectation will give me some major jitters above and beyond the usual ones I feel when watching US Olympians play.

Go get 'em, Mikey!!!

I thought that "Mikey" was reserved for the idiot son on Orange County Choppers!

killerleft
05-20-2008, 11:22 AM
Well, there was that Mikey of "Hey, Mikey! He likes it!" cereal commercial fame years ago.

Edouble
05-20-2008, 02:53 PM
Life cereal... it's in my kitchen, and it's awesome.