PDA

View Full Version : Another Transfer For the Hoyas

Newton_14
05-11-2008, 10:23 PM
Doc Rivers son is transferring from Georgetown... that's 2 in about a month to say goodbye to JT3... more proof that it happens to all schools, not just Duke

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3386049

Carlos
05-11-2008, 11:42 PM
Kind of hurts the Hoyas' chances for Jeremiah's younger brother Austin Rivers who is a great player in the class of 2011.

SMO
05-12-2008, 08:59 AM
Doc Rivers son is transferring from Georgetown... that's 2 in about a month to say goodbye to JT3... more proof that it happens to all schools, not just Duke

Given G'town's early exit and their recent transfers I think it's safe to proclaim the end of the world and perhaps the implosion of the universe.

SilkyJ
05-12-2008, 12:11 PM
Given G'town's early exit and their recent transfers I think it's safe to proclaim the end of the world and perhaps the implosion of the universe.

well, then its a good thing coach K is god and can take us somewhere else.

greybeard
05-12-2008, 01:46 PM
I think that the big loss for Georgetown is Macklin.

If he can learn to shoot foul shots, the kid is going to be a terrific college player.

He is a very, very good inside passer, aka Noah. In that regard, he benefited enormously from JTIII's training. He is very quick off his feet, and runs like a deer. He can score the ball off the bounce, and offensive rebounds.

I expect him to be an impact player at Florida commencerate with his ratings out of prep school.

Rivers is very underrated, but they had three returning guards and a very good 6' 4" recruit. He began to get more minutes as Sapp's game inexplicably fell off. If Sapp returns to form, Rivers' absence will not be as significant as Macklin's.

On the other hand, Rivers might really surprise people with his offensive game. I expect that sitting out a season will give him time to work on shooting mid range and off the move. Also, from three points. He has shown already that he can get to the basket.

Classof06
05-12-2008, 03:06 PM

True. But while it happens to other schools, what jumps out in Duke's case is that, depending on how you classify King, the transfers/unusual departures over the past few years have been almost exclusively frontcourt players (Boykin, Boateng, Thompson, King, the egregiously early departures of Randolph and McRoberts). Schools have transfers, but they're usually different types of players. And the fact that Duke badly needed big men last season when Boateng, Boykin and McRoberts probably should've been on Duke's roster just highlights the issue, whether the argument is fair or not.

Duvall
05-12-2008, 03:14 PM
True. But while it happens to other schools, what jumps out in Duke's case is that, depending on how you classify King, the transfers/unusual departures over the past few years have been almost exclusively frontcourt players (Boykin, Boateng, Thompson, King, the egregiously early departures of Randolph and McRoberts). Schools have transfers, but they're usually different types of players.

Those aren't different types of players? You're talking about players at three different positions here.

juise
05-12-2008, 03:17 PM
And the fact that Duke badly needed big men last season when Boateng, Boykin and McRoberts probably should've been on Duke's roster just highlights the issue, whether the argument is fair or not.

I thought that Boykin's transfer had very little to do with the basketball program. I don't think it's fair to say that he "should" have been on the roster.

Edouble
05-12-2008, 03:31 PM
Those aren't different types of players? You're talking about players at three different positions here.

There are three frontcourt positions.

Classof06
05-12-2008, 03:36 PM

They are technically different positions but they're all frontcourt players; in Duke's case, there are no guards or wings on this list (again, depending on how you classify King). In Georgetown's case, Macklin is a frontcourt player and Rivers is a backcourt player.

Classof06
05-12-2008, 03:38 PM
I thought that Boykin's transfer had very little to do with the basketball program. I don't think it's fair to say that he "should" have been on the roster.

You're right, it's not fair. I didn't say it was a fair argument, I just said the fact that most of our transfers are frontcourt players combined with the fact that we sorely needed frontcourt players last year just brings more unnecessary scrutiny.

tbyers11
05-12-2008, 11:56 PM

Jeremiah Rivers is now headed to Indiana (http://washingtontimes.com/article/20080510/SPORTS/541289576/1005/sports).

Newton_14
05-13-2008, 09:03 PM
wow. interesting in that the article mentions dad is not happy about him leaving G'Town...

it is a step in the right direction for Crean, but still a long way to go to recovery..

grossbus
05-14-2008, 02:59 PM
rivers' play at GT always confounded me. it seems he stood around a lot on offense. didn't seem interested in playing. or didn't play hard. or something.

HoopsFan
05-16-2008, 12:13 AM
I think that the big loss for Georgetown is Macklin.

If he can learn to shoot foul shots, the kid is going to be a terrific college player.

He is a very, very good inside passer, aka Noah. In that regard, he benefited enormously from JTIII's training. He is very quick off his feet, and runs like a deer. He can score the ball off the bounce, and offensive rebounds.

I expect him to be an impact player at Florida commencerate with his ratings out of prep school.

Rivers is very underrated, but they had three returning guards and a very good 6' 4" recruit. He began to get more minutes as Sapp's game inexplicably fell off. If Sapp returns to form, Rivers' absence will not be as significant as Macklin's.

On the other hand, Rivers might really surprise people with his offensive game. I expect that sitting out a season will give him time to work on shooting mid range and off the move. Also, from three points. He has shown already that he can get to the basket.

Rivers is very underrated? I thought of him as a role player at best with limited offensive skills.

jma4life
05-16-2008, 02:21 AM
It's funny that Ewing went from Indiana to Georgetown and now Rivers is pulling the opposite situation. And obviously, their dads played together in New York.

Reisen
05-16-2008, 03:18 AM
I was a Georgetown season ticket holder this year, and Rivers had the least confidence of just about any player on the team. Every time he received the ball, he looked kind of stressed out. I've never seen someone pass up so many wide open shots.