PDA

View Full Version : The Duke Curse strikes Bob Huggins!

hurleyfor3
05-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Ouch! I'm changing planes in Charlotte tonight; wish me luck.

"MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) -- West Virginia University officials say basketball coach Bob Huggins has been released from a hospital in Charlotte, N.C., after tripping on an airport tarmac and hitting his head on the pavement."

More here: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/basketball/ncaa/05/08/bc.bkc.wvirginia.huggins.ap/

juise
05-09-2008, 03:31 PM
I'm glad to hear he wasn't seriously hurt. I wish him professional misery :) and personal contentment.

Shammrog
05-09-2008, 03:52 PM
How drunk was he?

BD80
05-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Darn those private planes!! A commercial flight would have pulled up to the jetway and he would not have been out there on that dangerous tarmac.

Bobby never lost consciousness, so he didn't have that many cocktails. Besides, how long could the flight be from WVU to Charlotte? Well, he could have warmed up in the limo on the way to the airport. Wonder if the "Athletic Department staff" on the flight included a bartender.

Makes you realize what poor Kelvin Sampson must have gone through, we just never heard about the accidents he must have had trying to handle all of those phone calls.

devildeac
05-09-2008, 11:52 PM
Can't be that much of a curse, 'cuz IIRC, didn't he just receive a 10 year/$20 million contract from wvu? That will pay for a lot of cocktails, recruiting "trips" and medical expenses:o

barjwr
05-10-2008, 07:20 AM
I was just running through the Duke Curse victims on the story posted on the front page, and I noticed a glaring absence: Michigan State. Their fortunes haven't been that bad since beating us in 2005. Is this the exception that proves the rule?

rthomas
05-10-2008, 03:28 PM
How drunk was he?

Actuially, that's what people at WVU want to know. Just signed a big contract, averaging 1.5 mil until age 65. Celebrating?