PDA

View Full Version : Men's LAX Article from Washington Times

JBDuke
05-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Nice article from the Washington Times about our Men's LAX team, some of what they've been through, and how they're trying to put it all behind them and enjoy this season.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080508/SPORTS/746654832/1001

chrishoke
05-08-2008, 06:07 PM
"Last year, whether we denied it or not or spoke about it or not, guys put added pressure on themselves to prove [CNN's] Nancy Grace wrong on the field," Matt Danowski said. "Guys wanted to do that by beating every team by 10 goals. This year, it's not about that anymore. It's about going out and having fun and enjoying what we have."

moonpie23
05-08-2008, 11:36 PM
jon stewart helps nancy sort it out....

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/04/14/the-daily-show-will-nancy-grace-apologize-to-duke-lacrosse-players/

weezie
05-08-2008, 11:56 PM
Really, just referring to that yapbag is giving her too much visibility.
Disgusting scum feeder.

wilson
05-09-2008, 09:49 AM
She lives here in Atlanta (but is most assuredly NOT a member of the Atlanta Mafia). If you pay attention you'll see her at the grocery store or whatever every so often. I always want to roll my cart over her foot or something, except for the fact that she'd sue me in about four seconds.

moonpie23
05-09-2008, 11:14 AM
actually, if you read about her history, she prolly should be sharing a cell with the fong...

Rich
05-09-2008, 02:27 PM
First time I saw that. Priceless!

SilkyJ
05-09-2008, 04:26 PM
"nancy you little minx...its just flan!"

did she every issue an apology or at least recant her statements or anything??

moonpie23
05-09-2008, 05:47 PM
not that i know of.....neither has shapton, jackson, or the new black panthers......come to think of it....

neither has crystal...

devildeac
05-09-2008, 11:58 PM
not that i know of.....neither has shapton, jackson, or the new black panthers......come to think of it....

neither has crystal...

How about the race-baiting, fountain of misinformation, wendy murphy? What another POS!

bludev03
05-10-2008, 07:42 PM
I dont recall hearing any of the players apologize for the "thank your grandpa for my cotton shirt" comment...

I dont recall hearig Pressler apologize to the university for all the run-ins his players had w/ the law (public urination, underage alcohol possession, loud noise and public urination). Over 1/3 of the team had charges...

So, let's get off the high horse. seriously...

moonpie23
05-10-2008, 08:44 PM
I dont recall hearing any of the players apologize for the "thank your grandpa for my cotton shirt" comment...

I dont recall hearig Pressler apologize to the university for all the run-ins his players had w/ the law (public urination, underage alcohol possession, loud noise and public urination). Over 1/3 of the team had charges...

bag it bludev !!:mad:

....seriously, you're comparing a tasteless comment, loud noise and public urination to being accused of felony RAPE ?? basically having your entire future taken away ? get real...

what these guys went through was a travesty. they deserve every cent they get and the fong and all of the folks that helped to burn this issue by race baiting, and forgetting "innocence until proven guilty" get everything THEY deserve.

roywhite
05-10-2008, 09:21 PM

parody poster?

There were several apologies by the players.

You can't really believe that the Nancy Graces of the world covered this accurately and fairly?

bludev03
05-10-2008, 09:29 PM
bag it bludev !!:mad:

....seriously, you're comparing a tasteless comment, loud noise and public urination to being accused of felony RAPE ?? basically having your entire future taken away ? get real...

what these guys went through was a travesty. they deserve every cent they get and the fong and all of the folks that helped to burn this issue by race baiting, and forgetting "innocence until proven guilty" get everything THEY deserve.

If you wish to assign blame and call out certain individuals, then assign blame and call out everybody. If you can call out Sharpton, the Rev, and Nancy, then call out Pressler and the lax player that made that comment...

You want Sharpton, the Rev, and Nancy to apologize? Fine. Ask Pressler and the lax player to apologize. You can't have it both ways...

hc5duke
05-10-2008, 09:34 PM
How about the race-baiting, fountain of misinformation, wendy murphy? What another POS!

don't forget Victoria Peterson

roywhite
05-10-2008, 09:38 PM
You want Sharpton, the Rev, and Nancy to apologize? Fine. Ask Pressler and the lax player to apologize. You can't have it both ways...

...nor can you realistically say the actions are equivalent. Yet you seem to be doing that.

-jk
05-10-2008, 10:26 PM
Enough. We're not re-opening this argument; it's been hashed out again and again.

-jk